Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > The Sales Yard > Spare Parts and Other Accessory Items > Genuine Ford Parts

Genuine Ford Parts A forum for the purchase of genuine Ford parts via an AFF member.

Old 16-08-2021, 09:17 AM   #1
FairBAv8

Default Ford Fairlane au 2 silver mouldings

I'm looking at respraying the front of my au2 Ford Fairlane 5 litre

I'm after the 2 x silver moulding for the front bumper

I resprayed the rear 12 months ago and bought the moulding strip from Ford in Coburg. The front moulding strips ( Comes in 2 parts) are no longer available

Alternative help
FairBAv8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-08-2021, 10:19 AM   #2
GTLEGEND
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Every advice post I visit where OP are seeking advice for their new vehicle, he is there and adds valuable support and advice for rectifying the problem. Really is a Legend. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: The quality of information he provides is in depth and highly valued by those posting questions. 
Default Re: Ford Fairlane au 2 silver mouldings

They should have 2:

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/25442642...frcectupt=true
GTLEGEND is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-08-2021, 11:16 AM   #3
FairBAv8

They only have one I need 2

Thanks for your response GTLEGEND
Old 16-08-2021, 11:19 AM   #4
GTLEGEND
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Every advice post I visit where OP are seeking advice for their new vehicle, he is there and adds valuable support and advice for rectifying the problem. Really is a Legend. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: The quality of information he provides is in depth and highly valued by those posting questions. 

Did you call them, I bet they have 2?
Old 16-08-2021, 11:40 AM   #5
FairBAv8

Lol I called them and spoke to the factory in Campbellfield. They had another one, I bought both of them $120

Thanks GTLegend - you are a legend!!
3 users like this post:
Old 16-08-2021, 12:38 PM   #6
GTLEGEND
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by FairBAv8 View Post
Lol I called them and spoke to the factory in Campbellfield. They had another one, I bought both of them $120

Thanks GTLegend - you are a legend!!
There you go.. no problem. I should have been a betting man!!
2 users like this post:
Old 16-08-2021, 01:43 PM   #7
mcfly94
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Same place I got mine, it’s the rear bumper ones that are hard to find. I think I got the last out of ford last year because a few people asked me and they had zero luck!
mcfly94 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-08-2021, 03:31 PM   #8
GTLEGEND
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcfly94 View Post
Same place I got mine, it’s the rear bumper ones that are hard to find. I think I got the last out of ford last year because a few people asked me and they had zero luck!
You were miss informed, still around. Can help get if anyone is interested.

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/23323395...frcectupt=true
This user likes this post:
Old 16-08-2021, 04:34 PM   #9
mcfly94
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTLEGEND View Post
You were miss informed, still around. Can help get if anyone is interested.

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/23323395...frcectupt=true
I got mine all good, no idea what everyone was on about then they couldn’t get them!

Wow there cheaper than I got from ford @$60ea just bought another two for spares, who knows if they’ll ever be reproduced properly
mcfly94 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-08-2021, 04:36 PM   #10
GTLEGEND
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcfly94 View Post
I got mine all good, no idea what everyone was on about then they couldn’t get them!
Unless they were talking about XR or Fairmont etc as these are Fairlane/LTD only..
This user likes this post: