Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 08-04-2022, 07:10 PM   #1
car10002
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Where to isolate if needed

Hi

what are clues that it’s time to move into own place and what could you do to try hang on until you can buy your own place.

when you’s moved out what did you experience to know it’s time?

that’s one reason isolating is hard because you’re stuck with the other household members for atleast a week and most people would accept that it’s time but some are trying to hang on until they can buy.

until then what cheap accomodation options are there that’s comfortable with aircon and heating just to buy time, just following sa healths advice.

Isolating in your own space would be better if at all.

Without your own space it’s hard to have privacy and isolate separate and to have private meetings and do business calls
car10002 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-04-2022, 07:44 PM   #2
thefargo
black xb
Donating Member3

Default Re: Where to isolate if needed

real-estate web sites would be my starting point. They seem to be the place that list price, availability and facilities.

I knew it was time to move to my own place, when I wanted my own place. before that I was happy to have others cook, clean, etc for me. Until I decided I could/should do it myself.

I am not sure there is an actual age, but I think most know when it is time.

But, if you get to your 50's and still need your mum to wash and cook, you may have missed the boat on that one.

I moved out at 21. Rented until 24. Bought after that. The first house I bought didn't have air conditioning.
thefargo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 08-04-2022, 08:02 PM   #3
Tonz
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

not being rude mate but a tent, swag, fishing gear and camp out around Corney Point would be a nice place to isolate.
Old 08-04-2022, 08:04 PM   #4
yakcam
I drank what?

Saw the title and guessed the author... JFC!
Old 08-04-2022, 08:54 PM   #5
mondeomatureguy

Hi Guy's
I knew it was time to leave home when i was 21 also. I rented a place with a mate of mine for a few years in Sydney.
I got married when i turned 30 years old and brought our first home for $99,000 which doesnt sound a lot now but was in 1991.

I remember walking out of the bank after the loan was approved and thinking " how long will that take to pay back"?

I remember those words still from my late mother when she said " you dont want to pay rent for the rest of your life you should think about one day buying your own house".
mondeomatureguy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-04-2022, 08:58 PM   #6
car10002
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Will accomodation places allow you to pay off costs if you need somewhere and can’t afford all costs at once so you can either quarantine seperate from rest of house or stay while they have to if you weren’t home before or since they are notified

It’ll be atleast 10 years before am able to do anything about permanent space.

Do live with others in a good home just talking about own

Do like living in current home it’s just hard to isolate there with everyone though not impossible when you’re at a different life stage

If place was big enough it probably wouldn’t matter if it took 20 years to buy your own
car10002 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-04-2022, 05:10 PM   #7
commodorenutt
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

In this day & age with rentals the competition is so hot, that the landlord can pick & choose from dozens of great possible tenants, who will have all their expenses saved, and excellent rental references. It’s almost impossible for new renters to find a place, and I would say unless you’re looking for a slumlord as a landlord, you won’t have any chance with no savings.

If you currently live with parents, and they own their place, they may be able to finance a granny flat in the backyard. Most places now allow up to 60m2 without an extensive DA process. Several of my friends have done that for their adult children to rent back off them.

Depending on your local council you could do similar with a caravan, but you’ll need approval and an ensuite.
commodorenutt is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-04-2022, 02:39 PM   #8
thefargo
black xb
Donating Member3

if you want to stay at/in the same place, but need to isolate, is a caravan an option?
I know some who have them in the driveway, or the back yard, usually for teenage kiddies. they have their own kitchen/lounge/sleeping space, maybe access to laundry/bathroom. to my mind it is cheaper than the granny flat, certainly shorter term and may be worth you considering it for isolation only. run 240 v to it, run your fridge , tv set up and microwave, what more do you need for short term iso??
thefargo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post