Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Focus

Old 07-07-2011, 02:45 AM   #1
TheFonze73
Starter Motor

Default Ford Focus LEMON help!!

Hi All

I am a new Ford customer. My fiancé and I purchased our first new vehicle earlier in the year. A brand new Ford Focus LV Mk II. We paid for the car with our hard earned savings rather than finance the vehicle. It was the single biggest purchase we have ever made. We had decided to buy a vehicle that we could keep 10+ years and the reason we decided to buy brand new was so that we could avoid any “car hassles” for a number of years.

After doing the research and test-driving the competition the Focus was a perfect fit. Big enough to comfortably take on a long drive, small enough to keep my fiancé happy (as she doesn’t like big cars) and good-looking to boot. Just what we where looking for. I was quite excited to get down to a dealer and buy the car. We headed on down to a major Melbourne based Ford dealer as they had a good price advertised on an LV Mk 1 in white. We ended up being upsold to the latest LV Mk II which had nicer wheels and we could get the colour that we wanted the Sea Grey. We put a deposit on the vehicle and were told it would be 2 – 6 weeks, as we had to wait for the vehicle to come out from the factory in South Africa. Unfortunately we had to drive home in our old beat up 1992 Camry station wagon (the vehicle we were replacing) but we felt good about the new purchase and were excited that a new Focus was on the way.

Regrettably this is where the fairy tale ends…

Here is a brief version of my experience to date.

1. Salesperson NEVER returned any of my phone calls for 10 weeks. If I didn’t catch him I didn’t speak to him.
2. Vehicle finally delivered after 10 weeks not 2 – 6 weeks as told.
3. On delivery, vehicle was dirty inside and out, paint chip on L/H quarter panel, scratch on centre console, scratch inside door handle, break lights felt rough, black finger marks on ceiling front and back and on sun visors.
4. Salesperson tried to conceal paint chip and then tried to convince me that the scratches I could see where not scratches at all.
5. Vehicle had been registered a week before I took delivery and had 74kms on the odometer.
6. I had been waiting so long and I was anxious to take delivery of the Focus as our Camry had finally died so I took delivery after noting the problems that were to be fixed.
7. Salesman said that he would call me that afternoon to book the car in for repairs.
8. I chased the salesperson for 7 days before I was able to catch him and finally book the car in. There was also a loud intermittent clunking sound when taking off in first gear.
9. After returning the vehicle I again had to chase Jefferson Ford for 2 weeks leaving many messages.
10. I questioned that the vehicle had been used as a demo unit and was not presented as a new vehicle. My gut feeling was that this was not a new vehicle.
11. Spoke to Jefferson Ford and was told that the car was ready. I asked about the scratches inside the vehicle and was told that there was nothing that they could do about them, as it was not covered by warranty.
12. I then wrote a letter to the dealer and to Ford motor company expressing my concerns.
13. I met with management who assured me that this was a brand new vehicle in pristine condition. They offered me $500 to compensate me for my troubles so far. I asked for an extended warranty to put my mind at ease.
14. The dealer then offered $500 a 2-year extended warranty and a full body respray which I accepted.
15. When I picked up the vehicle 160kms had been added to the odometer, there was a Melways street directory on the back seat and the petrol was on ½ a tank. I had filled the tank before taking the car in. I really wanted to leave the whole drama behind me and needed the car.
16. At this stage the car had 460kms on the odometer. I had driven 226kms in the 7 days I had the car and Jefferson Ford had driven it 234kms.
17. I thought the worst of it was over and I could put the whole thing behind me.
18. In less than a week the car broke down and refused to start. Also the oil level was below the minimum.
19. The car was towed to the dealer. There was a broken fuel pump and the fuel pump assembly was changed. Also one of the keys had lost it’s programming.
20. Immediately after picking up the vehicle the clunking sound had returned.
21. I took the car onto the freeway for the first time and the car pulls to the left considerably. Also I noticed when opening the R/H passenger door there was a clunking sound as it rubbed against the edge of the driver’s door.
22. When vacuuming the car I noticed that the carpet on the L/H passenger side was really hard and sort of melted. Also I tried to move the L/H front seat back so I could vacuum underneath and the whole mechanism broke. The front passenger seat now does not move.
23. By this stage it had been 13 weeks since taking delivery. I had had the car in my possession for a total of 5 weeks and the dealer had the car for 8 weeks.
24. I am a part time motorcycle postie and one of my delivery points is an Automotive Panel repair shop. I dropped the vehicle past to show him the way the door rubs and to get his opinion.
25. After a quick look at the car he determined that there had been considerable repairs done on the vehicle. I was in shock as I had hadn’t yet had the respray offered by Jefferson Ford. He asked me to leave the car with him to have a proper look and to write me a report.
26. He concluded that pretty much most of the car had been resprayed bar two doors. Problems include, multiple dent removals, paint runs, mottled paint, paint shrinkage, dirt in paint, overspray on panels lights and windows, scratches on windows from were overspray has been removed with a razor blade, broken trim on door, condensation inside indicator. About 30 separate items were found.
27. Other problems include, loose trim below glove box, fabric on drivers seat bunching, a number of different rattles, all 3 keys supplied have lost their programming at some stage, problem with media controls on steering column. The more you look the more you seem to find.
28. I took it to two other panel shops that agreed the car had been considerably repaired and repaired poorly.
29. I have had the car looked at by an independent assessor who is currently writing his report. He has similar findings to the panel shops. About 30 separate items with faults.
30. On speaking to the dealer principal he immediately passed the buck onto Ford Motor Company Australia. I sent him a copy of the report from the panel shop. He said he would immediately send it to Ford. I asked for a senior contact within Ford and he said he would email me the details right away.
31. I called the dealer principal late the next day. He still hadn’t sent the email to Ford or sent me the contact. He said he would do it right away. He never sent it.
32. I rang the dealer principal the next day, and left a message.
33. I got a call from a Ford customer service officer who I had spoken to a number of times (the dealer principal had called him and was asked to call me). He is a level 1 customer service officer. I asked him to find me a senior contact I could discuss a solution with. I told him I wanted to talk to someone who could make a decision on my vehicle as I did not want waste any more time and energy. He said he would get someone to call me at 9am on Monday morning.
34. 9:45am Monday morning still had not received call. I called to see what as happening. I was told that I would shortly receive a call from a supervisor.
35. I asked the supervisor if I could speak to someone senior who could make decisions on a refund or replacement vehicle. She said, “that’s me”. I asked who makes the decision and she said, “we do”. I asked who is “we” and she answered, “the Ford Motor Company”. She said she didn’t have to tell me anything in regards to the process Ford undertakes when determining what to do with the vehicle. I asked her for her contact details and she said, “you will have to call me through the call centre”. She demanded that I take the vehicle back to the dealer the next morning and the call got really intense and I had to hang up the phone.
36. We spoke twice and both times I asked her for a senior contact and she refused.
37. After all my issues the most senior person I was allowed to speak to was a call centre supervisor who only gave her first name and does not have any direct contact details.

It seems that the overall customer experience and customer retention is not a priority at Ford.

The purchase of a new vehicle should be a fun and exciting time but there has not been even a moment of joy within this whole process except for the day we signed on the dotted line.

NO ONE has taken any responsibility for the condition of the vehicle. The dealer blames Ford and Ford the dealer.

This whole process raises a lot of questions as to the credibility of the dealer and of the Ford Motor Company.

What is Ford Motor Company doing to regain my trust and keep my business?
How can a car like this end up in a consumer’s possession as a new vehicle?
How many other people are driving second-rate cars that are unaware of it?
Why is Ford Customer Service being so defensive, refusing to provide a senior contact and showing no transparency within the process?

At this stage all I want is someone reasonable I can talk to that can make decisions in regards to my vehicle and about possible solutions. I don’t think this is too much to ask.

If anyone reading this has ANY contacts within the Ford motor company please contact me on 0433 146 130 or PM me.

Many Thanks

Last edited by TheFonze73; 07-07-2011 at 02:52 AM.
TheFonze73 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-07-2011, 04:33 AM   #2
Dave R

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Valued contributor especially in the FG threads. Offers help and information to all. Posts are always in a positive manner. 
Default Re: Ford Focus LEMON help!!

My God, that is horrific. I read an article not too long ago about cars that had been damaged before delivery, then repaired, registered and sold as new. It certainly sounds like your new car was damaged somehow, perhaps in transit, then repaired and sold to you. The dealership seems to be acting very generous, offering extended warranty/cash incentives/full respray.. what's the bet they know what really happened? The car being damaged and repaired would explain the delay in delivery, the marks inside and outside and the 74kms at delivery.
Dave R is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-07-2011, 10:04 AM   #3
Russ
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Contributor: For members who make a contribution worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Very helpful and gracious with photoshop work to help others.. 

Sorry to hear of your troubles. AFAIC the dealer is responsible not Ford, I'm sorry to say it but as you accepted the car with these issues at delivery then it may be very difficult for you to get a happy outcome from this. The fact that the dealer has been generous with their offers to respray the car etc.... would have sent alarm bells to me straight up and I would have been contacting the Dept. of Fair Trading immediately. You should have been offered a replacement car not a respray that's total B.S. If you bought and paid for a new car (not a demo) then depending on what options you chose if any (ie window tinting, paint protection etc....) then the vehicle should have arrived to you as a new car, it should not have had any more than about 20k's on the clock when you took delivery, that is allowing for the vehicle to be driven to and from another business to have any added extras applied to the car. It sounds to me like the vehicle you received was used as a test drive car (not a demo as such) and was obviously not what you ordered. Reading through the list of issues the car presently has and going off the reported findings of your panelbeater it is blatantly obvious that the vehicle had been extensively damaged before you received it and was not a new car, as such I would first be asking your insurance company and your financial lender for help, next step will be the Dept. of Fair Trading and if that doesn't work A Current Affair or Today Tonight may be other options. You have obviously already tried to sort this out with the dealer and with Ford and to no avail, so don't waste any more time, they've had their shot and blew it, it's time to bring out the big guns and hopefully you can get the result you deserve. Just be sure and insist on a new replacement vehicle, not repairs. Best of luck with it all

Last edited by Russ; 07-07-2011 at 10:20 AM.
Russ is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-07-2011, 11:09 AM   #4
kevino
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

This is bloody tragic and an example of why Ford is losing sales.
It would seem you need to take a RACV/NRMA/RACQ inspector along when you pick up a brand new Ford.

I have a 2006 LS bought new in 07. Later in 07 I pranged the front slightly.
When I took it to the assessor for inspection he asked me if I had had a previous accident...which I hadnt.
It had been previously accident damaged around the rear door and obviously Ford patched it up.
I wonder if some of these cars get damaged loading and unloading ships and or trucks and then just get patched up and sold as new.

I wonder if you should approach ''A Current Affair'' -bet you if they took up your case you would get a NEW car in top condition.
kevino is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-07-2011, 11:20 AM   #5
Neale
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Thats ashame to hear your story of troubles.

I knew a person that worked for Patricks (the transport company) & they were a spray painter. When i asked here why a spray painter worked for a transport company, she told me they have a complete smash repair centre for the cars that they transport.

So there are obviously a fair few cars that get damaged in transport from the factory/ship to the dealer.

So Im guessing that maybe your car has been in some form of accident during transport & maybe Ford & the dealer have been un-aware. Im not trying to provide an excuse, just an explanation.

I agree that Ford should come to the party if your not happy with your brand new car.

Like a few other guys have said, contact fair trading & see what they have to say.

http://www.fairtrading.nsw.gov.au/default.html
Neale is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-07-2011, 11:35 AM   #6
Russ
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Contributor: For members who make a contribution worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Very helpful and gracious with photoshop work to help others.. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevino
This is bloody tragic and an example of why Ford is losing sales.
It would seem you need to take a RACV/NRMA/RACQ inspector along when you pick up a brand new Ford.

I have a 2006 LS bought new in 07. Later in 07 I pranged the front slightly.
When I took it to the assessor for inspection he asked me if I had had a previous accident...which I hadnt.
It had been previously accident damaged around the rear door and obviously Ford patched it up.
I wonder if some of these cars get damaged loading and unloading ships and or trucks and then just get patched up and sold as new.

I wonder if you should approach ''A Current Affair'' -bet you if they took up your case you would get a NEW car in top condition.
I read somewhere a while back about many cars being damaged during transit on the ships from overseas. If you watch YouTube clips on the sort of weather some of these ships encounter on the way over, it's not surprising that they get damaged. It still doesn't excuse what's been happening to the OP here though :(
Old 07-07-2011, 12:13 PM   #7
bb_zetec

Im sorry to hear about your situation...its a shame what they try and get away with these days.

I too have heard horror stories about new cars...hence why i decided to buy my Focus as an ex Ford exec vehicle, that way i could see and test drive what i was getting on the lot before i bought it.

Do they still have the MK 1 vehicle you saw in white? Demand that they take this one back and do a swap for the Mk1 + reimburse you for the difference as they have sold you something other than what you agreed to in the first place.

I recall a few years ago i saw an AU Ute that was permanently parked outside a ford dealership for a few weeks with a big sign attached on the roof saying "This car is a lemon...and Ford is not doing anything about it!" with a big picture of a lemon on it...needless to say it dissapeared after a while...wonder if that got some action for that owner?

1966 Mustang Convertible - Wimbledon White
- 289ci Windsor - C4 Auto - Power Hydraulic Roof / Factory AC

Previous Fords:
- 2012 FGII XR6 Manual Ute - Kinetic - 1984 XF Fairmont Ghia - Olympic Gold - 1987 XF S Pak - White- 1994 ED Falcon Classic V8 - Polynesian Green - 1999 AU1 Falcon S - Hot Chilli Red
- 2009 LV Focus Zetec 5sp Manual - Black Sapphire
bb_zetec is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-07-2011, 01:24 PM   #8
LordFordNZ

I would stand firm here and demand a buy-back or swap. It sounds like you have grounds to do this. I would get the independent review, take a copy of it and get it to Ford to look at. Dont let the dealer near the car to respray it - this may give grounds to ignore it. I will PM you details of who to send note too.....these are senior Ford managers in charge of FCSD
LordFordNZ is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-07-2011, 01:26 PM   #9
Fi.ES.TA

That is such a terrible experiance,enough to turn a man grey.As terrible as it is though its not just ford dealerships who put the hard working man and woman through this its all of them.
I dont think anybody gets anywhere until it comes to the hands of the media's attention good luck and hope you get the outcome you want.
Fi.ES.TA is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-07-2011, 01:55 PM   #10
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: DASH/bfiipursuit has been alot of help over the years I have frequented this forum, lots of thoughtful and informed posts, very much a valued contributor. 

Sounds like the south africans are still smoking dope in the factory...

We bought an LS back in 2005 and it was the same, covered in dints / overspray, scratches and I seen it unloaded off the toll truck..

Would never buy a car built in South Africa again.

Hopefully Ford fix your problems.

http://www.carsguide.com.au/site/new...medium=cpc&utm _content=newsfooter
Smoke Pursuit is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-07-2011, 05:19 PM   #11
DZFord
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: LS Focus PCV Valve & Hose replacement, a very detailed write up with photos. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordFordNZ
I would stand firm here and demand a buy-back or swap. It sounds like you have grounds to do this. I would get the independent review, take a copy of it and get it to Ford to look at. Dont let the dealer near the car to respray it - this may give grounds to ignore it. I will PM you details of who to send note too.....these are senior Ford managers in charge of FCSD
Failing this...time to get the lawyers involved.
DZFord is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-07-2011, 06:22 PM   #12
BadMax
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Take the car to these guys, they have forced many repairers/insurance companies to buy cars back that don't meet industry standards.

http://www.ivic.com.au/home.htm
Single hump hard lid.
XR8 Bonnet
Colour coded mirrors.
Tint.
Reverse camera.
K&N.
More down the track...
BadMax is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-07-2011, 10:21 PM   #13
Joe5619
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

That is not good at all... Name & shame the dealer so the rest of us know not to buy with them. Hit them where it hurts ,if they are going to treat poeple so badly they deserve it!!

Hope you get some answers soon
Joe5619 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-07-2011, 10:37 PM   #14
Fiesta_Man69
Banned

Contact A current affair/today tonight: this stuff is their bread and butter. Once your horrendous story is about to go to air you will get action from Ford. Make sure your email to the media is as detailed as your original post. Best of luck
Fiesta_Man69 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-07-2011, 10:46 PM   #15
vztrt
IWCMOGTVM Club Supporter

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: vztrt is one of the most consistent and respected contributors to AFF, I have found his contributions are most useful to discussion as well as answering members queries. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe5619
That is not good at all... Name & shame the dealer so the rest of us know not to buy with them. Hit them where it hurts ,if they are going to treat poeple so badly they deserve it!!

Hope you get some answers soon
Read the OP, you can see who the dealer is.
Old 08-07-2011, 12:29 AM   #16
Skid Marx

Ford needs to realise that other companies make cars too. You can't fool everyone with advertising forever.
Skid Marx is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-07-2011, 08:03 AM   #17
Russ
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skid Marx
Ford needs to realise that other companies make cars too. You can't fool everyone with advertising forever.
Unfortunately most other car companies don't have a much better attitude towards their customers, especially once they have your money

When you think about it this type of behaviour is pretty typical and doesn't just apply to the motor trade
Old 08-07-2011, 08:37 AM   #18
martyal44
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I'm saddened by your story, if only the salesman and the dealer would stop to consider what if that were them or a close family member...anyway you've got this info. out there. It's a perfect one for 'A Current Affair' and Vic. equivalent of fair trading..I think you can submit your story details online to channels 9 and 7 to see if they'll pick it up...
martyal44 is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-07-2011, 08:59 AM   #19
Samtheband
hear my ute purr.......

Awful story, I would demand a new car. I think get some legal advice too! Best of luck, I hope it is rectified very soon.

No mods yet.
Samtheband is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-07-2011, 10:59 AM   #20
LordFordNZ

One other thing that has me curious here, is that you have 3 keys for this. Typically you should only get 2 keys - a flip key remote, and a non flip key remote. Is one key noticebably different from the others?..ie has the blade been cut in a different style or anything there to suggest its not part of the original set?. When you say it doest work, is it the remote controls not working, or the transponder not working?. If the transponder isnt working, they car simply wont start. If its the remote locking/unlocking not working, it can be easily reprograamed (though shouldnt need to do this) Either way its sounds like there is something wrong with the electronic module repsonsible for this. The 3 keys is clue to this too I think
LordFordNZ is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-07-2011, 11:02 AM   #21
TheFonze73
Starter Motor

Thanks you all for your posts and PM's.

I have emailed some Ford executives thanks to some contacts I have received.

I will post the outcome as the saga unfolds.

I cannot PM anybody until I have had 5 posts under my belt. If you would like me to reply to you privately please PM me an email address.

Last edited by TheFonze73; 08-07-2011 at 11:09 AM.
TheFonze73 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-07-2011, 02:06 PM   #22
ramondo
Extended Member

Quote:
and were told it would be 2 – 6 weeks, as we had to wait for the vehicle to come out from the factory in South Africa
As soon as I read that I though "uh-oh". If you'd checked out this forum before you bought the car you might have read some posts questioning the quality of Fords manufactured in SA. This is not to say they're all bad, but it's just something I've noticed. To be fair though, the issues you're talking about may have happened later.

One thing you might want to be careful about is coming across as a "difficult" customer. If you have a genuine grievance then of course you should bring it to their attention, but the way in which you go about it is equally important. Perhaps you've been reasonable from the beginning and it's reached the point of frustration where you start to despair and you have to keep hassling them for anything to happen, and if so I apologise for suggesting you're been difficult.

However, if they (inadvertently or not) picked up a tone in your communication that appeared threatening or aggressive, it could have caused them to become defensive - and the easiest way to to this is to ignore you.

All said, I hope you get a resolution to this situation - you never expect this kind of difficulty with a supposedly "new" car.
Old 08-07-2011, 03:21 PM   #23
SpasticBus
Indifferent

I have had nothing but poor customer service from the ford dealership i have used and the head office (call centre/customer care). In short, i'm not going to be taking my car back to a Ford dealership or deal with their stupid customer service department anymore. Lots of other places who are happy to take my money and treat me better.

Hope you get a new car OP. This story is shocking!
SpasticBus is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-07-2011, 04:08 PM   #24
THE CADBURY KID

Yes its true,fords attitude sucks balls.
When will you learn that ford just dont give a ****.
THE CADBURY KID is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-07-2011, 04:58 PM   #25
XES 5.8
Starter Motor

I also have a lemon and i am very frustrated by the reply that you get from Fords customer service centre. I do not intend upon buying another Ford!

Allan
XES 5.8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-07-2011, 06:46 PM   #26
vztrt
IWCMOGTVM Club Supporter

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: vztrt is one of the most consistent and respected contributors to AFF, I have found his contributions are most useful to discussion as well as answering members queries. 

Interesting in the Ask smity section of Cars guide seems a customer was getting shafted by BMW in regards to a new X5.
Old 08-07-2011, 07:00 PM   #27
kevino
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

With their new fixed price service for their cars being cheaper than non Ford logbook servicers I was going put the TDCI through the dealer.
But after reading this post it reminded me how whenever I have anything to do with them I get stuffed around. I will get it serviced through Auto leaders again.
At least the new model Focus is built in Europe - Ford South africa do seem to produce a few lemons.

Last edited by DJM83; 08-07-2011 at 07:04 PM. Reason: Dont avoid swear filter
kevino is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-07-2011, 07:05 PM   #28
DJM83
Barra Turbo > V8
Donating Member3

If this turns into a dealer bad mouthing session ill lock it.
- Twin 2.5" Stainless Exhaust
- Antz Turboside Intake
- CCForged Phatlux wheels
DJM83 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-07-2011, 07:05 PM   #29
vztrt
IWCMOGTVM Club Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevino
At least the new model Focus is built in Europe - Ford South africa do seem to produce a few lemons.
It'll be coming from Thailand. Euro ones will be a stopgap I believe.
Old 08-07-2011, 09:57 PM   #30
Russ
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I don't know that a Thai built Focus will be any better than a South African built one to be honest. I suppose time will tell but if Ford are like most manufacturers nowadays (not just car) they would be looking for the cheapest manufacturing options to maximize profit and that generally shows in the qualilty of the finished product :(

Russ