Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 19-08-2005, 05:22 PM   #1
Falcon_Awesome

Default Provisional Testing

This happened to me a few months back but I still cant get over it and im just wondering if you guys thought I was f***ed over too.

I went for my provisional license, I thought I did well and should get passed unless there was something I did that I didnt realise.

We got back, he starts going through the test blah blah blah.

I failed.

I got failed for

Not indication left as you leave and roundabout going straight ahead.

Not giving sufficient time to merge into traffic (which was contradicted when he said that I didnt effect traffic flow)

Using my gears in conjuction with brakes to slow down.

That was it.

Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-08-2005, 05:23 PM   #2
TheSneakiness
Adapt or perish...

Which state are you in?
Old 19-08-2005, 05:24 PM   #3
Falcon_Awesome

Tasmania.

Also, I know of 2 people who have been failed 5 times each for stupid things like that.
Old 19-08-2005, 05:33 PM   #4
TheSneakiness
Adapt or perish...

Well, going on QLD testing, which I'm quite out of date with, and I've only had my open licence for 5 months...

The left indicate out of a roundabout really should be done on a test.

WTF is sufficient time to merge? I hit the indicator as soon as I can see traffic coming letting them know I coming in and hopefully they move over.

The gear thing. I'm not sure about.
Old 19-08-2005, 05:35 PM   #5
Feathers
Lucifer's Angel

I got failed the first time I went for mine, for not using my handbrake in the 3 point turn. (I was backing towards a stormwater canal, and the tester freaked me out by grabbing at the handbrake "just in case".) :
But as far as I was told, a fail - for any reason - is still a fail, and cannot be appealed against.

Just remember that, if at first you don't succeed, back up and try again!!
Oh, wait, thats what I was told about pedestrians....
Blueprint, manual, 4490's, Redback 2.5" dual exhaust, BA Typhoon rims, tint, fog light covers, BF tailights, blue illuminated window switches, Ghia bootlid carpet, lower grille, FPV door spears, steering wheel & interior bits, XR6T + F6 intake, K&N filter, Typhoon spoiler, tuned, sway bars, custom angel eyes & plates..YUM!

If there's one thing guys in Holdens hate more than being beaten by a Ford...
It's being beaten by a girl driving a Ford

Last edited by Feathers; 19-08-2005 at 05:44 PM.
Feathers is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-08-2005, 05:36 PM   #6
TheSneakiness
Adapt or perish...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feathers
Just remember that, if at first you don't succeed, back up and try again!!
Just make sure you got the money to re-book the damn thing.
Old 19-08-2005, 05:41 PM   #7
Gammaboy
Grinder+Welder = Race car

If at first you don't suceed, stalk them, kidnap them and torture them untill they give in... oh, wait, sorry. Wrong thing...

Gears slowing down? I don't see whats wrong with that?
Indicating... well, technically its the law.
Merging? having moved from a state where no one knows how to merge, the better they can teach people to merge the better. ("Allow myself to introduce... myself")
Old 19-08-2005, 05:42 PM   #8
Falcon_Awesome

$50 a pop aint cheap.
Old 19-08-2005, 05:47 PM   #9
Gammaboy
Grinder+Welder = Race car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falcon_eAwesome
$50 a pop aint cheap.
Said the Actress to the Bishop
Old 19-08-2005, 05:54 PM   #10
Heeno
Formally knowen as EBus

you got stooged...i think, in QLD we are aloud 9 mishaps before you fail, looks like you had 3 things wrong so you should of got it. anyway i didn't get mine the first time cuz, i was at the boom gates at petrie, 4th car along, boom gates went up traffic moved and i followed, not paying attention to the still flashing red light.....resault instant fail for running a red light! and i had nothing wrong against my name at all and was only just around the corner from the RTA, i tell you i have never felt so much hate for one person EVER.

Changes: 5 spd manual
Extractors, 2.5in exhaust
AMG Quake 17's w/ maxxis rubba
Lovelle superlows
Cheap a55 Pod Filter

Bike: CR250R 05 :evil3:
Heeno is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-08-2005, 05:56 PM   #11
Falcon_Awesome

Oh, I forgot to mention.

I aced the compulsorys, got well over the minimum for each section, but I was only a few points off (about 3) with the non compulsorys.
Old 19-08-2005, 07:13 PM   #12
Kryton

i disagree with having to indicate to leave a roundabout that you are travelling straight through. you dont put your left blinker on when you are entering it just because you are turning your steering wheel a little to the left, why should you have to when you leave?
roundabout rules: no blinker=straight ahead,
left blinker=turning left,
right blinker=turning right.

the merging traffic is probably a 'had to be there' thing.
down shifting in conjuntion with braking is sposed to be taught in manual vehicles.
hand brake in a 3 point turn is bull.
Kryton is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-08-2005, 07:25 PM   #13
FRDMSL
FRDMSL

yeh i dont get the indictae to leave roundabout thing, just confuses me when people do it, you dont know what there gonna do.
i failed my P's because i didnt look in the mirror enough.. if i looked at em anymore i would have spent more time looking in the mirror than on the road. It depends on who you get as a tester.
FRDMSL is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-08-2005, 07:32 PM   #14
Shonky
my other ride is the bus.

I failed my Ps the first time for the roundabout thing. I know it's a rule now, but I'm f***ed if I know every ridiculous rule in the book. I too went fine in my compulsories but failed on points. I got 89. You need 90 to pass. If I hadn't done them in a place with so many damn roundabouts I would have paseed! Thats the only thing I did wrong, but I did it multiple times.

Bastards...

+ Lots of Land Rovers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sourbastard
Edelbrock.... not Peter Brock. Theres a world of difference. For a start my heads have much less gum tree in them.
Shonky is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-08-2005, 07:48 PM   #15
deesun
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Sorry folks if we want to make better drivers then we have to make sure they know what they are doing on the road first. We sit here behind our keyboards and whinge and moan about what a sh*tty driver there was out there today and how many accidents someone nearly caused and then we turn around and complain when someone is failed for so-called trivial matters. If we don't teach doing the small things right then how are we ever going to impress on everyone the importance of driving properly. The small things matter too. My daughter got her L's recently and they were very specific in letting us know the roundabout/indicator thing is important in a test. :
Old 19-08-2005, 08:10 PM   #16
lizardmech

Quote:
Originally Posted by deesun
Sorry folks if we want to make better drivers then we have to make sure they know what they are doing on the road first. We sit here behind our keyboards and whinge and moan about what a sh*tty driver there was out there today and how many accidents someone nearly caused and then we turn around and complain when someone is failed for so-called trivial matters. If we don't teach doing the small things right then how are we ever going to impress on everyone the importance of driving properly. The small things matter too. My daughter got her L's recently and they were very specific in letting us know the roundabout/indicator thing is important in a test. :
Its because of retarded crap like that driving instructors spend more time teaching them to pass the license test than to drive. Someone I know got failed because someone jaywalked infront of him and he didn't stay stopped until they reached the footpath on the other side.
Old 19-08-2005, 09:00 PM   #17
Psycho Chicken
Banned

Well bugger me, I fail the licence test every time I pull up at the lights. I was taught to down shift because if the s*** hits the fan you can punch it and not have the car cough and splutter trying to do 25 kph in top gear. Or is that logical, therefore void in any government department?
Psycho Chicken is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-08-2005, 10:31 PM   #18
pandaman
Back in Blue!

I reckon I have the best reason for failing the test first time. "accelerating and braking too hard". In a mazda 121. : I was honestly surprised, my granny drives faster than what I was doing and she's dead!

Back in Blue baby!
pandaman is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post