Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Focus

Old 04-01-2006, 10:30 PM   #1
b2tf
not here much anymore

Default Bought a Typhoon

That's right. Got sick of the Focus the way it is and went and got my typhoon today, but probably not the Typhoon you're thinking of.

Will put it on on the weekend, from what I can see it will need 1 or 2 slight modifications, mainly MAF sensor screw holes and the bracket on the intake tube may have to be moved or something, not sure. Be interesting to see how it goes on there with the new exhaust.

Old 04-01-2006, 11:05 PM   #2
Hoops
I'm Back

lol you had me going there for a sec
Hoops is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-01-2006, 11:08 PM   #3
b2tf
not here much anymore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoops
lol you had me going there for a sec
hehehehe, i know you're not the only one...... :
Old 04-01-2006, 11:13 PM   #4
zetec
Zoom Zoom

Ha ha I knew I knew!!!!! Sure will be fun!! Can we fit it to the Territory first?!?!! Kidding.
Old 05-01-2006, 12:07 AM   #5
orsest170
WRC Fanatic

Congrats on your fine purchase. Hope it fits without too much drama, and that you get as much enjoyment out of it as I have outta mine....Your gonna love the noise _2:
orsest170 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-01-2006, 12:11 AM   #6
rag top
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by back2thefutura
hehehehe, i know you're not the only one...... :
Got me as well :
Old 05-01-2006, 09:10 AM   #7
b2tf
not here much anymore

Quote:
Originally Posted by orsest170
Congrats on your fine purchase. Hope it fits without too much drama, and that you get as much enjoyment out of it as I have outta mine....Your gonna love the noise _2:
Hey you might be able to tell me then.........where does the bracket on the pipe mount to the engine? I only had a VERY quick look in there last night and I cant find any bolt that seems to be close to where the bracket will sit once its on.
Old 05-01-2006, 01:16 PM   #8
orsest170
WRC Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by back2thefutura
Hey you might be able to tell me then.........where does the bracket on the pipe mount to the engine? I only had a VERY quick look in there last night and I cant find any bolt that seems to be close to where the bracket will sit once its on.
The ST Typhoon is different (due to the throttle body position) to the other models. For the ST at least, that bracket on the pipe is to secure the typhoon against the heat shield (I assume you got a heat shield with it?) and stop it moving around too much.

Interesting that you say it may need some modifications to fit - I have the typhoon designed for the SVT (American ST170) and everything matches up perfectly on the Oz ST. Although, I do also remember Timmeh saying in a previous post that he needed to make some modifcations to get his SR intake to fit properly - he may be able to help you with any problems you might encounter.
orsest170 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-01-2006, 08:18 PM   #9
b2tf
not here much anymore

No heat shield as of yet, it is something I will need to design and develop a bit later on I think. I know the ST engines are different to the Zetecs, just thought they might have had a common mounting point for that bracket. I'll see what I can come up with though.