Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Closed Thread

Old 25-05-2021, 07:33 AM   #10831
FairmontGS
WT GT
Donating Member3

Default Re: Covid 19 -

Maybe the latest Melbourne scare is the the kick needed to get people lining up for AZ now.

https://covidlive.com.au/report/vaccinations

Dr Swan says that there's promising results for people who are mixing the manufacturers coming out of the UK - get your two shots of AZ now, avoiding serious illness when the Zs start swarming and then top up with a single Pfizer towards the end of the year.
This user likes this post:
Old 25-05-2021, 08:48 AM   #10832
tweeked
N/A all the way

Quote:
Originally Posted by T3rminator View Post
Well Chan 7 just reported that the coach had his shot but still caught it. Whole team has been kicked out of the "competition" and are now in isolation. I'm assuming they mean the "competition" in the US. Its still not clear if those that did not test positive whether they will be allowed to head to Japan.

If the whole team isn't allowed to go due to being close contacts, then what about everyone else at the competition they were at?
"Not going to the Olympics now" is not due to their covid status. Some cant go to the Olympics due to not gaining enough qualification points, they needed the points at this comp to get there. This was their last chance to qualify.

Old 25-05-2021, 11:27 AM   #10833
Polyal
Virtuous Bogan (TM)
Donating Member2

So masks and group restrictions in Vic I see, I'm doing a fly in for 24hrs to see an ill relative so this will be interesting.

Restrictions look light at the moment.
  • 1999 Lexus IS200 - 1G-FE Turbo 6MT
  • 1973 ZF Ford Fairlane
Old 25-05-2021, 12:41 PM   #10834
russellw
Chairman & Administrator
Donating Member3

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: Raptor: For Continued, and prolonged service to the wider Ford Community 

Data valid as at 00:00 GMT May 24th, 2021.

Note: As not all Australian States report at the same time, the data below is based on the previous full day reporting.

14 new cases for Australia and no deaths so the CMR is 3.031%.

No cases and no deaths for NZ so CMR is 0.975% and active cases 27.

The UK had a higher 2,642 cases yesterday and 3 deaths.

Just under 20k new cases in the USA yesterday and 233 deaths sees CMR at 1.782%. That's the first day under 20k cases in almost a year (3/6/20). Note that the USA is actually minus one day due to time differences.

Other notable points:
Global cases drop below the 90th percentile for the 10-day average;
India finally drops below 200k cases / day;
India passes 300k deaths;

Suriname (191); and
Taiwan (339);

... recorded new daily highs; those in blue for the second consecutive day and those in red for a third or more consecutive day.

No countries move above the 90th percentile for their 10 day average and none drop below.

Observatio Facta Rotae

2 users like this post:
Old 25-05-2021, 12:58 PM   #10835
russellw
Chairman & Administrator
Donating Member3

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: Raptor: For Continued, and prolonged service to the wider Ford Community 

I'm going to remove a couple more from the watch list for now:

Ivory Coast. Even though the peak of 767 was only 2 months ago, it was only about a week of high case numbers and they haven't been above the 90th percentile figure of 298 since April 2nd and the current 10-day average is only 50 cases / day or 2.2/100k of population.

Mozambique. The peak of 1,275 was at the end of January; they haven't been above the 90th percentile figure of 547 since early March and the current 10-day average is only 24 cases / day or 1.2/100k of population.

Observatio Facta Rotae

4 users like this post:
Old 25-05-2021, 02:43 PM   #10836
roKWiz
Cabover nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polyal View Post
So masks and group restrictions in Vic I see, I'm doing a fly in for 24hrs to see an ill relative so this will be interesting.

Restrictions look light at the moment.
Restriction apply to Melbourne metro not country Victoria.

However one little chestnut is, if you are from Metro Melb and decide to visit regional Vic, the restrcitions travel with you.

https://www.coronavirus.vic.gov.au/c...dsafe-settings

Old 25-05-2021, 03:18 PM   #10837
leesa

Quote:
Originally Posted by FairmontGS View Post
Good on you for being pro-active and running it to ground. We did the same with ours in Sydney after being told by our GP practice of 25 years that they had nothing for us for months. Doctor next door took us and jabbed within 2 days.

C'mon everyone, as Aunty Glad would say "Let's get it done!"
Yeah my GP said the same, as I'm not on the priority list I won't get a shot for a long while. With all the news that so many people are unwilling to get vaccinated I thought to hell with it I'll go chase it down myself.
That link that I posted earlier, they're vaccinating anyone who wants it even if you're not in the current "phase" that's being rolled out.
No side effects so far from the first shot.

2 users like this post:
Old 25-05-2021, 04:07 PM   #10838
T3rminator
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by roKWiz View Post
Restriction apply to Melbourne metro not country Victoria.

However one little chestnut is, if you are from Metro Melb and decide to visit regional Vic, the restrcitions travel with you.

https://www.coronavirus.vic.gov.au/c...dsafe-settings
Got a map of the borders?! Honest question, cos I'm confused looking at the various images available on google. I cross over quite regularly on the weekends, in all directions.
Old 25-05-2021, 05:13 PM   #10839
FairmontGS
WT GT
Donating Member3

Melbourne COVID-19 restrictions return as cluster grows in northern suburbs

Quote:
Victoria has recorded another four COVID-19 infections, bringing a cluster in Melbourne's north to nine.

he four new infections are in addition to a man in his 60s who returned a positive result this morning, and the four cases reported yesterday.

Authorities believe the fifth case was the source of infection for the previous four, meaning their outbreak investigation has moved further "upstream" and is closer to finding the missing link for how they were infected.

Genomic sequencing has confirmed the five cases are ultimately linked to the Wollert man who returned to Victoria earlier this month after acquiring the virus in South Australian hotel quarantine.

The four new cases confirmed this afternoon are all family contacts of the man in his 60s.
https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-05-...turn/100162644
Old 25-05-2021, 05:15 PM   #10840
tweeked
N/A all the way

9 cases now in Vic.......

I'm wondering about the timing of the release on the info on getting the alert on the wrong Woolies, seemed to be pretty close to the cases coming out in the same area.
Add to that one of the new Tier one sites is that same Woolies in Epping North. Coincidence?????? , I wonder???....!

Old 25-05-2021, 05:27 PM   #10841
tweeked
N/A all the way

Having some fun with this little conspiracy theory...

Original (incorrect venue) report was on Saturday May 8, between 5.40 and 6.38pm

The new report by a new infected person was Saturday May 22, between 4.45 and 5.45pm.

Same venue, Exactly 2 weeks apart, same day of the week, nearly the exact (overlapping at least) same time window.

Humans a pretty regular with their shopping habits..........

Old 25-05-2021, 05:36 PM   #10842
Tickford.
🚫⏰4️⃣🐃💩

Here we go again!

Another hotel quarantine leak by a 'Liberal State', leads to restrictions - and possible lockdown of Melbourne!! ScoMo's little helpers doing their best to try and belittle and overthrow the current VIC State government.

This cannot be a coincidence! Smells of corruption and dirty tactics. Something Aunty Gladys and Uncle Scott are quite familiar with.
Old 25-05-2021, 05:46 PM   #10843
FairmontGS
WT GT
Donating Member3

5 users like this post:
Old 25-05-2021, 05:59 PM   #10844
FairmontGS
WT GT
Donating Member3

Team, staff in isolation after Bulldogs employee attends exposure site

Quote:
Western Bulldogs players and staff members have been forced into self-isolation after a staffer attended Highpoint, a coronavirus exposure site, on Thursday night.

Multiple sources familiar with the situation said training was cancelled on Tuesday and players and staff were tested on Tuesday morning after being notified on Monday night. They must isolate until they get a negative result.
https://www.theage.com.au/sport/afl/...25-p57v15.html
Old 25-05-2021, 06:05 PM   #10845
Tickford.
🚫⏰4️⃣🐃💩

Quote:
Maybe the latest Melbourne scare is the the kick needed to get people lining up for AZ now.
Nice one Daryl . Scotty was thinking the same thing earlier in the month.

Let's see how ScoMo's plan works out for him eh?
Old 25-05-2021, 06:10 PM   #10846
T3rminator
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tickford. View Post
Here we go again!

Another hotel quarantine leak by a 'Liberal State', leads to restrictions - and possible lockdown of Melbourne!! ScoMo's little helpers doing their best to try and belittle and overthrow the current VIC State government.

This cannot be a coincidence! Smells of corruption and dirty tactics. Something Aunty Gladys and Uncle Scott are quite familiar with.
As much as I'd like to, hard to blame SA for this one. Protocols were followed. But yes, Vic does seem to be getting the short end of the stick from "over the border" cases.

Good to hear testing sites are being inundated though. And no missing links.
Old 25-05-2021, 06:15 PM   #10847
T3rminator
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Speaking of vaccination rates, data as at 23rd May 2019. NSW saw a surge yesterday and Vic seems to have tailed off the last couple of days. Won't surprise me if there is a lead change during the week. The 2nd graph seems to include data from 24th?

Old 25-05-2021, 06:31 PM   #10848
FairmontGS
WT GT
Donating Member3

Actual vaccinations here.

Even when Zs are attacking the GSS powers ahead...

https://covidlive.com.au/report/vaccinations
3 users like this post:
Old 25-05-2021, 06:39 PM   #10849
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: Your outstanding contributions to this community have not gone unnoticed. IN my view you are a worthy recipient of the (rarely used) Chairman's Award. 

A snippet from the gay nomads today, their GP told them the minimum wait between shots is 4 weeks here (NSW) and you’re supposed to have documentation justifying the shortening of the twelve week nominal gap.

I got the impression a suitable CYA document for the doctor to file, would be a quote from a travel agent, as intention to travel outside Australia was a valid reason. Their clique see to have been quite proactive with vaccination, many are fully dosed.
Old 25-05-2021, 06:53 PM   #10850
FairmontGS
WT GT
Donating Member3

New Zealand pauses travel bubble with Victoria

Quote:
New Zealand will no longer allow quarantine-free travel with Victoria while the state investigates Melbourne's latest COVID-19 cluster.

The travel bubble pause comes into effect from 7.59pm New Zealand time (5.59pm AEST) today and will be in place for at least 72 hours.
https://www.msn.com/en-au/news/austr...?ocid=msedgntp
Old 25-05-2021, 07:05 PM   #10851
FairmontGS
WT GT
Donating Member3

EDITORIAL
Nationals win rewards NSW Coalition’s COVID track record

Quote:
The Nationals’ victory in the Upper Hunter byelection will be spun in many different ways but it is undoubtedly a vote of confidence for the Coalition’s solid performance in keeping NSW safe during the pandemic.

The ALP, wedged between urban progressives and blue-collar workers, floundered on whether it agreed with Mr Turnbull. It ended up saying nothing.
https://www.smh.com.au/politics/nsw/...23-p57uei.html
Old 25-05-2021, 07:46 PM   #10852
roKWiz
Cabover nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by T3rminator View Post
Got a map of the borders?! Honest question, cos I'm confused looking at the various images available on google. I cross over quite regularly on the weekends, in all directions.
I think you can work out where Melbourne ends.
from their website.......

Metropolitan Melbourne consists of the following Local Government Areas (LGAs):

Banyule, Bayside, Boroondara, Brimbank, Cardinia, Casey, Darebin, Frankston, Glen Eira, Greater Dandenong, Hobsons Bay, Hume, Kingston, Knox, Manningham, Maribyrnong, Maroondah, Melbourne, Melton, Monash, Moonee Valley, Moreland, Mornington Peninsula, Nillumbik, Port Phillip, Stonnington, Whitehorse, Whittlesea, Wyndham, Yarra, Yarra Ranges

Old 25-05-2021, 08:07 PM   #10853
zilo
BANNED

We just keep letting plane loads of infected people in..

The cost to the citizens and economy is huge.

Clearly 14 day quarantine is not enough.

Lets make it 28 days quarantine then see how many want to come...errr..."home"

(It's the red triangle with exclamation mark on the left)
Old 25-05-2021, 08:21 PM   #10854
pottery beige
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by zilo View Post

toothache or something and will be back in a jiffy
Old 25-05-2021, 09:34 PM   #10855
T3rminator
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
That would be a good litmus test, but I reckon 80% would still take it. Make the air gap facilities with outdoor exercise, and 28 days would feel like a breeze. A mate of mine just had to quarantine in NZ with his family, 4 kids, the "hotel" had a massive balcony and residents took turns using a huge courtyard for exercise.

On another topic, it seems weird the India news has just suddenly disappeared. From 24/7 coverage to zilch, pretty much overnight. And the 2nd repatriation flight had ZERO pre-flight positive results. Amazing turnaround.
Old 25-05-2021, 09:45 PM   #10856
CoupeKing
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Mask's again.

Same fools.
Old 25-05-2021, 10:27 PM   #10857
Itsme
Experienced Member

Quote:

Won't make any difference if you are determine to come home.
Old 26-05-2021, 08:12 AM   #10858
FairmontGS
WT GT
Donating Member3

Probably a Collingwood supporter...

Confirmed COVID-19 case attended Collingwood-Port Adelaide match at the MCG

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-05-...aide/100165424
Old 26-05-2021, 09:08 AM   #10859
tweeked
N/A all the way

Quote:
Probably a Collingwood supporter...

Confirmed COVID-19 case attended Collingwood-Port Adelaide match at the MCG

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-05-...aide/100165424
In a Port Adelaide section......sending it back to them?

2 users like this post:
Old 26-05-2021, 09:26 AM   #10860
cs123
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: Can't think of anyone more deserving. Russ Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For all the technical support behind the scenes. Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Technical submission 

Quote:
Originally Posted by tweeked View Post
In a Port Adelaide section......sending it back to them?
Ironic....
Closed Thread