Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > MotorSport > Drag Racing

Drag Racing Discuss Drag Racing here be it dirt or tarmac. Sponsored by Sydney Dragway.

Old 27-04-2007, 05:50 PM   #1
T3rminator
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default What has calder been like recently? 27 Apr 07

Hi. Just wondering how busy calder has been like recently. Are people getting continuous runs or is it 1/2 hour waits? What time does it start to get busy generally?

Was hoping to head out there early tonight but the weather doesn't look good.... just rang the place and they said its been spitting but the radar shows it will be all clear.

Rides (past and present)
Current: 2004 Ford Falcon 5.4L 3v Barra 220, Manual
Past: Mitsubishi Sigma (m), Toyota Seca (m), Toyota Seca SX (m), Toyota Vienta V6 (m), Toyota Soarer 4L v8 (a), BA XR8 ute (m), T3 TE50 (m), BMW Z4 (m)

AFF motto - If contrary views trigger, please use ignore button.
T3rminator is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-04-2007, 07:06 PM   #2
Tapd
Pro Photographer

Calder's been busy usually towards the end of the night. If you get there when the track opens (530-6pm) you should get almost continuous runs. Expect it to get busier though as the night gets older.

I wouldn't be heading there now, rain will be all over it soon. Check out the BOM radar. Doesn't take much rain to cancel the night. Even the threat of rain will keep most people away.
Tapd is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-04-2007, 07:14 PM   #3
Allen
You win again, gravity!!!

I got a message from calder earlier this afternoon stating that tonight was cancelled due to weather.

When I went there last, I got there at about 6, and it took over an hour to register and go through scruitineering, so by the time we got out into the infeild it was pretty packed. I did manage to get 4 or 5 runs in throughout the night.

SOON TO BE A TRACK CAR
Allen is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-04-2007, 07:27 PM   #4
Doogstar
B-Series Moderator

Was that two weeks ago? I was there too. Waiting so long for scruitineering was a pain and I couldn't see any reason for the delay. There was a lot of people there too as it was closed the week before for Good Friday. It was 1/2 hour waits between runs, I got 4 runs but I was taking my time. They also stayed open a bit longer too to give people a fair go as there was so many cars.

One good thing was there was only one car in the Burnout Comp which is a useless waste of time. The track was pretty good though, the start line is getting a bit of rubber on it now.

380rwkw - 11.68 @ 120.94mph 60ft=1.97
Custom Tune, Exhaust. injectors.1.2K Plazmaman 1.2K Plenum kit

Now with bigger turbo and 426rwkw.
Doogstar is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-04-2007, 08:53 PM   #5
T3rminator
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Their website states that they are having all these special events on friday nights. Next week is "bike" night? what the heck. THen the week after is NA night. Tonight was suppose to be Turbo night.

Might need to wait a few more weeks before heading out there.

Rides (past and present)
Current: 2004 Ford Falcon 5.4L 3v Barra 220, Manual
Past: Mitsubishi Sigma (m), Toyota Seca (m), Toyota Seca SX (m), Toyota Vienta V6 (m), Toyota Soarer 4L v8 (a), BA XR8 ute (m), T3 TE50 (m), BMW Z4 (m)

AFF motto - If contrary views trigger, please use ignore button.
T3rminator is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-04-2007, 09:36 PM   #6
Doogstar
B-Series Moderator

NA sounds good to me, but that will be V8's as well won't it?

380rwkw - 11.68 @ 120.94mph 60ft=1.97
Custom Tune, Exhaust. injectors.1.2K Plazmaman 1.2K Plenum kit

Now with bigger turbo and 426rwkw.
Doogstar is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post