Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Focus

Old 21-02-2013, 07:46 PM   #1
pcdougie
Da_Focus

Default LS Focus CL Cruise Control Activation

Hi Folks
Been reading a very interest blog on the UK forum about Cruise Control on the MKII and MKII.5 Focus - that would be LS and LT.

Apparently the CL or base model, if it has certain components - clutch and brake sensors, and particular wiring- that by adding a steering wheel with CC buttons and activating three modules (GEM, HEC, PCM) you can have CC on your CL Focus!

Here's the link to the discussion.
http://www.fordownersclub.com/forums...nd-ford-c-max/

So, has anybody in Oz had any experience with this and successfully activated their CC on the CL?

I replaced my steering wheel a couple of years ago as I hated the plastic one. I just blanked out the buttons with some black paint and looks OK.

I have checked and I have the brake and clutch sensors and will check the wiring when I get some time in daylight. I spoke with the local Ford dealer and they were aware of this but had not yet been able to get one to work. Maybe there are difference between the UK and AU Focus that prevent this.

Interested in people's comments. Cheers.

pcdougie is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-02-2013, 07:54 PM   #2
marg99
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: LS Focus CL Cruise Control Activation

I assume the PCM must have the cruise control programmed in it but turned off on the base models for this to work.
marg99 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-03-2013, 12:36 PM   #3
leakey
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Good luck with it PCDougie. My pov' pack came with it installed already.
Old 28-03-2013, 07:16 PM   #4
pcdougie
Da_Focus

Well I have spent two trips to Sydney from Canberra to Thomson Ford in Parramatta. Mario and the lads understood what I was asking for and were willing to have a crack at it. But alas, my car would not accept the programming required to activate the cruise control. Only cost me $75 for their time, and I'm sure they spent more than 5 hours on the two visits.

What did I learn?

The CL Focus (at least in LS series) does not have CC option in the GEM module.

You need to have both car keys with you in case something goes wrong with the programming and the keys get blanked - you need both to reprogram them.

Thomson Ford tried reprogramming with two different software versions of the Ford IDS and my car would not accept either.

They tried a reload from "as-built" data with CC. My car wouldn't accept this.

They tried an "exhale" from an LX Focus and then "inhale" to my car, but again it would not accept this.

So all in all a bit disappointing, despite the success the UK folks have been happening. I guess there are some fundamental differences between the German built and South African built Focus.
pcdougie is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-03-2013, 07:21 PM   #5
marg99
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I wonder if the memory size of that control unit is the problem.
marg99 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post