Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 27-05-2018, 06:23 AM   #31
xxx000
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: A Warning To New Car Buyers

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGreenKugaaah View Post
Dealer convinced us that their "Ex-Demo" IRL "Ex-courtesy" car (the free car you get when your car is in for a service) was still classified as a new car, but was $20k off because it had never been purchased and had 10k on the clock... Lucky i checked the paperwork because it only had three days rego (SERIOUSLY!!!) When I brought it up, the guy went to the manager and reluctantly bought three months rego for it...

A month later we got a letter - turns out we got slogged for stamp duty because they told the RTA it was sold as a used car. Complained to the dealer and they tried to offer me one of their special "loans" to pay for the stamp duty. Sent a complaint to the ACCC and they said that they know about this kind of situation and there "is nothing we can do" because the dealers are very good at dodging the paperwork so they seem legit but technically the law is in their favour.
Stamp duty is payable on new and secondhand cars so I don't understand your gripe
xxx000 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 02-06-2018, 11:18 PM   #32
Simple6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Tech article on rear bushes. 

I know I'm a little late to the party here, but when we bought a new car the Hyundai dealer buggered up our finance (made the interest rate higher than the advertised 1% comparison rate). Apart from straight up crediting us back the extra interest we would have paid over the life of the loan, Hyundai Australia gave us 2 free services.

Sounds like you've got it resolved now, but for future reference you could have given Hyundai Australia a push and received an actual goodwill gesture for the waste of time and poor experience.

Sent from my XT1635-02 using Tapatalk
Old 03-06-2018, 12:49 AM   #33
JG33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simple6 View Post

Sounds like you've got it resolved now, but for future reference you could have given Hyundai Australia a push and received an actual goodwill gesture for the waste of time and poor experience.

Actually, I haven't heard from Hyundai at all after they said "we'll look into it".
That was over 2 weeks ago. Plus I won't be going to any dealership to have the car serviced, even if Hyundai offers free service.
JG33 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-06-2018, 01:00 AM   #34
JG33

An update:

I finally received a cheque of $445 from the dealer.

As a returning customer I made the mistake of trusting this dealer, they took advantage of that and abused my trust. Hope it was worth it for these pricks.
JG33 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-06-2018, 09:27 AM   #35
Simple6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Tech article on rear bushes. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JG33 View Post
Plus I won't be going to any dealership to have the car serviced, even if Hyundai offers free service.
Fair enough. I guess the dealer we bought ours from wasn't actually our local dealer, so it wasn't a bother for us.

At least you got a bit of money back.

Old 03-06-2018, 11:59 AM   #36
danzvtil
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I just bought a demo Holden Barina which was a drive away proposition with balance of rego. The current rego expiry wasn’t on the sales contract anywhere, I only found it after I looked it up online (they had renewed it for 3 months, the day before we test drove).
I think the answer here is always check, and ask the question. You also need to make clear, the deal is to include all onroads to be paid by the dealer on your behalf so you’re not slugged with stamp duty after the fact like greenkugahh.

2019 LDV G10
2009 Mitsubishi Express-GONE
2011 Honda Jazz