Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Mondeo

Old 28-02-2010, 08:34 PM   #1
waggaclint
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default mondeo grill??

I was at the local ford dealer this morning walking around having a look and i noticed that on the lhs of the ford badge, part of the grill has been blanked out, is this normal, i seen it on a XR5 and Titanium model..

waggaclint is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-02-2010, 08:44 PM   #2
Bucknaked
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by waggaclint
I was at the local ford dealer this morning walking around having a look and i noticed that on the lhs of the ford badge, part of the grill has been blanked out, is this normal, i seen it on a XR5 and Titanium model..
On the MB model it's normal.

The MB comes with Adaptive cruise control. I'm not 100% on the details, but the blanked out bit is part of the adaptive system.

From my understanding, how it works is when the cruise is on it will adjust it's speed based on whats in front. So if your doing 110, and come up behind a truck in an overtaking lane, the car automatically slows because it senses that object in front. Once it's clear, the car will speed back up to the original speed.
Bucknaked is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-02-2010, 08:49 PM   #3
waggaclint
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

No worries thanks for the fast reply hey..
waggaclint is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-02-2010, 09:24 PM   #4
wusyc

The radar for the adaptive cruise control is behind those blanks.
Old 02-03-2010, 07:06 PM   #5
warren77

Ugly isn't it!
warren77 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-03-2010, 07:08 PM   #6
spaspa
Starter Motor

might be a dumb question, but i'll ask anyway, is it possible to buy a new grill that would work with the acc but not have the un-seamless blocked out bits? i was reading on the uk forums about different bodykits for the titanium x sport, and they mention grilles supporting and not supporting acc.
http://www.fordmondeo.org/forum/show...35/tid/774433/
though i do have no idea what those parts look like.
spaspa is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-03-2010, 11:08 PM   #7
obione980

Buy the new grille by all means - but how will the ACC work if it's unable to transmit its speed measuring signal?
obione980 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-03-2010, 10:51 AM   #8
spaspa
Starter Motor

sorry not quite sure i get it, but the part mentioned says that it supports acc? i have no idea what the grill looks like, was just an idea. i was of the understanding the acc component sits behind the grill, and not part of the grill? i forgot to have a look. oops told ya it might be a dumb question :P so the plastic cover bit is actually part of the acc system and required, and not just a cover?
Old 31-03-2010, 12:28 PM   #9
Dusty1
Giddy up!

Volvo have the ACC as well. Not as big as the Mondeo blank, but still noticable. And for a lot more $$. Here's the linky. http://www.carsales.com.au/all-cars/...s=48&silo=1011
Previous:
Oct 07 built Mondeo TDCi hatch, Stardust Silver, bluetooth, leather, tow pack, sunroof.
Dusty1 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-04-2010, 09:13 AM   #10
mondo_broady
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

it's most likely the ACC radar needs a flat surface to operate properly. if you replaced the grill with, say the MA XR5 grill which looks the same without the flat bits, then the ACC probably wouldn't function correctly...

i'm tempted to try painting mine matt black to see if that masks the look a little??
mondo_broady is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-04-2010, 11:49 PM   #11
spaspa
Starter Motor

just browsing carsales, noticed there are a few MB XR5's around near new from dealers, with no standard MB grill. Anyone have any clue if this is an option somehow?

eg.

http://sell.carsales.com.au/pls/cars...cle_id=8434272

http://sell.carsales.com.au/pls/cars...cle_id=8296645
Old 08-04-2010, 08:08 AM   #12
mondo_broady
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

interesting... if this is for real, i will be changing mine for sure!!

New ride: 2010 LV Focus XR5 - Moondust Silver - More mods than you can poke a stick at
Old 08-04-2010, 05:49 PM   #13
spaspa
Starter Motor

shrugs, i contacted them, and they've told me the photo is what the grill looks like, and there hasn't been a modification or any specific option included/not included.

*confused*

pity can't check it out in person since not in NSW/VIC.
Old 08-04-2010, 10:42 PM   #14
spaspa
Starter Motor

spoke to a guy from peter warren ford who listed the car i mentioned earlier - he explained that the grill has changed in new model mondeos some time this year, they now arrive standard from the factory with an open grill, and they still have adaptive cruise control as they previously did.

would be nice if someone else can confirm this too, but that's what i've been told. sounds good to me that the moment of madness that was that grill acc cover might be over.
Old 09-04-2010, 10:10 AM   #15
mondo_broady
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

i'll let you know later today as i am off to pick mine up now!!

New ride: 2010 LV Focus XR5 - Moondust Silver - More mods than you can poke a stick at
Old 09-04-2010, 12:10 PM   #16
Dusty1
Giddy up!

These Titaniums all have them: http://www.carsales.com.au/all-cars/results.aspx?tabID=304727&Qpb=true&keywords=&Searc hAction=N&N=1216%201246%201247%201252%201282%20429 4966463%204294966252%204294921541&sid=1265B15AB1D9 &Nne=15&tsrc=allcarhome&Ns=pCar_YearMade_Int32|1|| pCar_RankSort_Int32|1||pCar_PriceSort_Decimal|0
Previous:
Oct 07 built Mondeo TDCi hatch, Stardust Silver, bluetooth, leather, tow pack, sunroof.
Dusty1 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-04-2010, 03:53 PM   #17
mondo_broady
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

well mine came with the crappy flatspot... :