Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 20-10-2007, 10:09 PM   #1
LPGUTE

Default My first car, and want to ask questions

Hi guys, well its almost 6 month since i got this car. it almost time to get it service. i need some recommandation on where should i get my service done in Sydney parramatta area or close by. it dont have services history so i dont know what should i get done, but am thinking of getting major servicing done. am thinking of getting every thing flush if i can. I havnt rang around yet because am to shy...lolz am so soft. also how much do you think it going to cost? Please help
Thank

2001 AUII Factory LPG Manual XL Styleside Box
High series bonnet
Clear Side Indicator
K&N Air Filter
BAXR6T Snorkle
Low Fronts, Super Low Leafs

LPGUTE is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-10-2007, 10:42 PM   #2
poolkeeper
Its Resonating!

Depend what needs to be done, so a guess with $$$ will be just that.
But a minimum would be to get the trans serviced and flushed, radiator flushed, leads and plugs, oil & filter change, air cleaner. That all there would be around $400 bucks or so. As with the shop to take it to, I would go Autotech Enginering (Granville) or Cresent Motorsports (Liverpool)
poolkeeper is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-10-2007, 05:42 AM   #3
Mechan1k
Donating Member1

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Brings a wealth of knowledge to the forums and is frequently giving helpful advice. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always willing to help out with technical information. 

Joe at Cresent Motorsport at Liverpool does a lot of LPG work ... and has been working on my work ute ever since I got it. Have never had a problem with him or the work done there.

Depending on the work getting done ... and the time taken .... will vary on the cost.

$400 sounds a fair price for getting all fluids flushed ... it depends if anything else needs to be done on the vehicle at the time. Joe is straight forward and will tell you what needs to be done and what doesn't.

Put it this way ... I travel from out passed Windsor to Liverpool to get my ute serviced there ... and have been for the past 2-3 years now.
Mechan1k is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-10-2007, 08:39 AM   #4
LPGUTE

Thank guys for responding, look like joe is a very busy man lolz

2001 AUII Factory LPG Manual XL Styleside Box
High series bonnet
Clear Side Indicator
K&N Air Filter
BAXR6T Snorkle
Low Fronts, Super Low Leafs

LPGUTE is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-10-2007, 07:56 PM   #5
Mechan1k
Donating Member1

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Brings a wealth of knowledge to the forums and is frequently giving helpful advice. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always willing to help out with technical information. 

Ummm ... yeah he is actually ... even I can't just drop in to get a few things done ... need to book a few days in advance really.
Mechan1k is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post