Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 28-06-2007, 09:22 PM   #61
XR8putts

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruntmonkee
My worst was when nursing my baby girl with no shirt on and she kicked her leg and her toe got caught in my nipple ring. The more i tried to release her toe the more she kicked and thought it was a game and the more it hurt.

You win! Give that man the $10,000!
XR8putts is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-06-2007, 09:36 PM   #62
poolkeeper
Its Resonating!

dumped by a huge wave when i was 13, bent my back, hurt like nothing else...
poolkeeper is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-06-2007, 09:38 PM   #63
MO
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Bone cancer anyone...need I say more?

The more I know ppl the more I love my DOGS.
2011 SY Territory Limited Edition TS
2000 AUII SE ute IL6
MO is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-06-2007, 10:25 PM   #64
Green X
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

having a prop shaft slide crushing 2 fingers, Fractured the knuckles, splitting the tips open and ripping my finger nails off.

Couldn't give a accurate weight of it, but it was around 4-inch thick by 6-7 metres long of solid stainless steel, yes ********* heavy.

Guy near by reckons he has never seen somebody jump that high and yell ********* C**t that loud before. i thought i had lost my fingers till I looked down to see em still thee coved in allot of blood with no nails and flesh blown out the ends.

Another mate of mine has had a pneumatic actuator slam shut on his thumb, he had to be given morfean on site the pain was that bad.
Green X is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-06-2007, 10:28 PM   #65
Psycho Chicken
Banned

Was in a hurry to go out one night after working on the car all day. Soap just wasn't doing the trick. Brainwave; degreaser! Now that stuff comes out pretty damn cold from the can. Combine that with a nice hot shower. My forearms, hands and legs (was in shorts) literally felt like they were shrinking and on fire at once. I couldn't get out of the shower quick enough but the pain didn't stop for a good half an hour.

Sounds pretty pathetic, but give it a shot.

Injury wise I've been pretty lucky. Mainly cuts and minor burns on exhausts. Put a sewing machine needle through my finger once, hurt a bit but nothing crazy.
Psycho Chicken is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-06-2007, 10:51 PM   #66
b2tf
not here much anymore

Actually had a good one yesterday - raining and I got up onto the walkboard of the truck - bout 1.5m high, slipped and fell off and it landed flat on my back on the road. Neighbours woke to some very choice phrases let me tell you, on top of that I worked a 10hr day loading up ashipping container. Ow.

Had a hand saw thru my thumb, mashed the nail into the skin and had bits of wood all thru it, it hurt more when I tried to clean it out!

Hit the steering wheel bloody hard in a car accident a few years back, when I woke up it was all a bit blurry except for the ambo sticking torches into my eyes to see if they still worked. FYI, they didnt for a few days afterward.

Had at least 15+ gokarts run over my legs/feet in my old job, and in the current one the most common occurence is bashing fingers/hands into furniture and door frames. Not fun when youre carrying a lounge etc.

And the worst one in terms of pain (but really girly), was sitting on the floor, mrs threw a rumball at me (yes the little lollies), and good god, youve never felt such a spot on hit to your nuts. tears, rolling round on the floor, lots of swearing then a few "activites" to check no damage had been done. spose it came out ok.
Old 28-06-2007, 11:02 PM   #67
[Tonko]
What's green is gold

Weirdest thing is, mines a cramp... But it was during some R-rated activities and it was in that general area... i wont go into too much detail (family site and all that) but basically i could not move, it was that bad...
----------------------
Old man had a good one last year, he was loading a bull into the trailer, and it managed to kick his hand while he was holding onto the bar, split the webbing in his hand, but the split was about 40mm long...

EF XR8 - Koni's - Cam and Headwork -3.9s - Ex VIC TMU -

1982 Nissan Patrol - 460 ci Big Block soon - Semi Gloss Black - Dark Tint - 4x 6" Infinity Kappa Perfect Splits - 5" Kappa 2 ways - Kappa 6x9's - 2x12" Kappa perfect subs - 2x4 Channel and 2x Mono Kappa amps-

[Tonko] is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-06-2007, 11:11 PM   #68
Turbot

I've had tons of em, shot a 2inch staple gun staple thru a finger having nail gun wars, broken a arm on a bike held up the arm and it went along flat then dropped and inch just before the wrist, but I gotta say the most painful and irritating was what the doc called a minor case of lung pleuritis, minor my *** farrrk, thought I was having a heart attack, breathing was extremly painful, it's like someone pushing on a broken rib every time you try to breath, couldn't sleep lying down for a week even with tons of panadine fortes and if anyone made you laugh you'd want to kill em.
Turbot is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-06-2007, 11:16 PM   #69
gtfpv
GT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikey
You think thats bad! Passed out in the carpark on the grass under a tree of a Briso pub after a big Uni Sports day. Completely blind drunk. Woke up about 4am no bus to take me back home to the Gold Coast. Everyone bloody gone. After 10 mins of getting my bearings realised i had been bitten by the same fargon ants on my hand, arm, leg, face. Each bite had blown up the area twice the size. Caught cab all the way home in burning hell pain. Oh and tried to do a runner on the cabbie when he pulled up but i just feel out of the cab and turned and gave him the money. It was hard being a Uni student. Cab fare was $100. back then!

HAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAA !!!!!!!!!!!!!! SORRY but thats gotme in bloody stitches . tried to do a runner and fell out .
gtfpv is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-06-2007, 11:18 PM   #70
xurbanx
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Worst was falling forehead first onto a brick when I was younger, next to that would be this gash on my foot. It's still bleeding after two days.
Old 28-06-2007, 11:28 PM   #71
Interceptor
HSV - I just ate one!

between having had my left hand on fire (the things you do when you're young and stupid) and pulling my right achillies tendon then the left one a week later from not being smart enough to sit my stupid *** down and rest...... i'd say they're the worst
Old 28-06-2007, 11:29 PM   #72
fiery
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Apart from child birth (with no drugs or happy gas) I think the worse pain ever was to be burnt with boiling water.
Slipped in it after it tipped down my front, was burnt from above chest to tip of toes (and every place in between).
The burns varied between 1st, 2nd and 3rd degree.
In that accident I also cracked my jawline and broke 6 teeth. The pain that has been ongoing from that is pretty incredible and sometimes extremely unbearable (which makes me extremely cranky).

The main thing when I got burnt was if my tattoo was ok as it hadn't been done all that long. The doctor did have a chuckle at me asking about the tat then the teeth.

Recracked the jaw not so long ago and in that accident I also took a chip out of my shoulder, a chip from my hip and had a few slight cracks in my foot after falling off a car at work :
fiery is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-06-2007, 11:31 PM   #73
gtfpv
GT

not me but i had a big angry croation BOSS for a few years . i literally seen him faint with a stiffy at work . he was in his mid 40's at the time and used to complain that he couldnt keep up with his missus anymore .
anyway, he took some of that stuff that makes you crack a fat ( cant remember the name ) he was laughing and rootin for 3 days , and kept telling us at work that it wont go down , his thought of a cure was to keep shagging his missus as much as possible , he says he was hanging towels on it and posing as a towel rack and everything , anyhow on the 3rd day he kind of went all red in the face and lost his sense of humour about it . he ended up fainting . it turned out to be quite serious , and he could've died without treatment , according to the hospital . he says the pain was unbarable .
Old 28-06-2007, 11:55 PM   #74
stiddy
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psycho Chicken
Was in a hurry to go out one night after working on the car all day. Soap just wasn't doing the trick. Brainwave; degreaser! Now that stuff comes out pretty damn cold from the can. Combine that with a nice hot shower. My forearms, hands and legs (was in shorts) literally felt like they were shrinking and on fire at once. I couldn't get out of the shower quick enough but the pain didn't stop for a good half an hour.

Sounds pretty pathetic, but give it a shot.
LMAO HAHAHA

I know the exact feeling, I do the same, use degreaser.. my hands and forearms were the worst..
I dont jump in the shower straight after anymore! lol..
stiddy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-06-2007, 12:05 AM   #75
The G6ET Spot
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

The worst pain for me would be when having a heart attack and being revived with the defibrilator. After 4 hits with it,I actually came to momentarily, at the precise time they were shocking me again. I was told that I was shocked a total of 8 times . But that was the one that will live in my memory. It was like someone hitting me in the chest with a sledgehammer. Not something I wish to go through again.
The G6ET Spot is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-06-2007, 12:05 AM   #76
gtfpv
GT

Quote:
Originally Posted by stiddy
LMAO HAHAHA

I know the exact feeling, I do the same, use degreaser.. my hands and forearms were the worst..
I dont jump in the shower straight after anymore! lol..
do you know that degreaser is unhealthy and dangerous . . it is very bad for you and gets into your system .
when i was an apprentice i was degreasing some parts without gloves on, and my hands went wrinkly and had no feeling in them . you literally dissolve all the fat which givges you pins and needles
Old 29-06-2007, 12:22 AM   #77
sfr rob
○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○ ○○○○○

Quote:
Originally Posted by T6Ute
OWWWWWW. The first two just make me squirm, well the second one makes me double over!

The worst I've felt was a virus thingy that I somehow contracted. My epydidimus (sp?) had swollen up to about 6-7 inches long. I couldn't sit cause it hurt, I couldn't stand cause it hurt, even lying down was very uncomfortable. And walking made me look as though I'd spent the last 20 years on a horse. Lasted about a week and a half. For those that are unsure of the epydidmus, it's what attaches your "pipes" to your testes! And it's not an STD!!!
isn't the epidermis the outer layer of skin on our bodies???\
I thought the pipe that goes to ya sack is called the vas difference?
sfr rob is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-06-2007, 12:28 AM   #78
Monkey
XM FALCON

A mates dog bit the end of my middle finger off (10mm)and ate it. That hurt, but more pain was to come a week latter when the doctors had to fix it by peeling my finger like a banana so they could cut the bone back far enough for them to sew the skin over the exposed bone. This was done with a local anesthetic and me watching.
when the local wore off i wished i was dead.
Monkey is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-06-2007, 12:58 AM   #79
RG
Back to Le Frenchy

Quote:
Originally Posted by apolloxbgt
My right lung has collasped 100% twice.

When it goes down all the way the stick a chest tube (small plastic hose a little smaller than your little finger)through the ribs and hook it up to suction ( a week both times) to hold the lung out.
When the surgen was about to do it the first time he told me he'd never had patient that hadn't screamed when he did it,I didn't break his run.......
That's what they wanted to do to me but being the 19th of December I politely told them where they could stick their chest tap.
07 Renault Sport Megane F1 Team R26 #1397
RG is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-06-2007, 05:23 AM   #80
Venomous
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by ea_silver_ghia
I've got really bad knees. The worst pain I've experienced was probably my first knee failure. I was in about year 10 at school, and in PE playing dodgeball. All of a sudden when I moved, I felt a sharp pain in my left knee, and I collapsed to the ground. My kneecap had dislocated, but popped back in. In doing so, it stretched all the ligaments. I managed to get back up, but it was very sore. I spent the next couple of hours in the sick bay with ice on the knee. I stupidly still played badminton that night. Adreniline took over, and I actually won my matches without much pain! After the matches, the pain kicked in though, and the knee was the size of a balloon

It took about a fortnight for it to recover, but since then, it's been weaker. So much so, I starting taking more weight off my left knee and applying it to my right knee. Sure enough, it failed too, in very similar circumstances. Both kneecaps have dislocated about half a dozen times each since that first incident. Since those ligaments are stretched, they don't seem to hurt anywhere near as much these days. What originally took about a fortnight to recover now takes a couple of hours.
That's what happened to me the other night, knee gave in, popped out and popped back in. Been resting it since saturday and it's still painful and can't move it properly.

Got a ingrown toenail cut out yesterday and the pain has only just set in, can't sleep hence why i am on here now lol
Venomous is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-06-2007, 06:02 AM   #81
MeLLy

gaul bladder pain, constricts your stomach goes up your back makes your arms weak and your chest tight you can hardly breathe, I find that will power sets you free....Its a constant pain that is so intense and it just stays there...
Did go to the QEH one night, good old queen elizabeth hospital in woodville, sat there from 6am to 12 pm with the pain couldnt sleep was in emergancy on a bed for 6 hours and when i finally seen a doc he said in front of my mother, to me that theres nothing there im a morphine addict?:S my mother went off! i had never had anything stronger than panadol in my life and i was in real pain, he took me down to have an ultra sound and proved himself wrong and apologised! I Make sure i deal with flinders or womens and childrens they have speedy service and actually take a proper look at ya before they tell you your nuts!...
MeLLy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-06-2007, 08:15 AM   #82
Zed7fiddy
Temporary Australian

Worst pain i ever had, there are two, when the Doctor puts a needle inside you nose to numbs it to break it back in place. that needle hurts the most!

very similar to when the dentist puts one in the front of your gums up the top for the same reason :(
Zed7fiddy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-06-2007, 08:24 AM   #83
killerjoolz
KillerXR8

giving birth to a 9 pound 9 ounce baby girl when I was 20(had a baby at 18 and was no where near as bad lol,went back a 3rd time too hehe).....god dam that hurt....but apart from childbirth,I would say having my tonsils out,and having the drain tube removed from my stomach after they removed my gall bladder,felt like they were ripping insides out with their bare hands......

2009 TWEEKD FG XR8 IN SILHOUETTE
all mods done by Walter Markham from Oztek Performance
killerjoolz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-06-2007, 08:57 AM   #84
james22
With da Warlords

Falling into a camp fire, and burning the side of your arm, shoulder, body. Then having to pull the blue metal (gravel) out of your skin, where it has melted into you. then going to the doctor every day for dressings for two months. ouch.

For Sale: Parachute. Only used once, never opened, small stain.

Windsor Warlords
AU III XR-8220
300+ rwhp of Manual fun

XR50T Ute - 300rwkw (give or take depending on the day)
james22 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-06-2007, 11:39 AM   #85
Bundwah
Living the Life in Cranny

Had two tears in the skin on my old feella. The doc though it could have been an STD, so he and his med student had to hold me down while he took a swab, of which was basically an open wound. Felt like a red hot poker has being held on my knob for a second or so. Screamed out ****** as loud as I could.
Straight after that I had to have a blood test, the Nurse said that it would hurt a bit. I said bring it on, nothing could compare to what the Doctor just did to me.
Bundwah is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-06-2007, 06:38 PM   #86
DayTE
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by sfr rob
isn't the epidermis the outer layer of skin on our bodies???\
I thought the pipe that goes to ya sack is called the vas difference?
Epidermis is the skin. epydidimus (spelt a little different, more syllabules). It's the bit that joins the van defrens to the nut. A bit inbetween.
Old 30-06-2007, 12:04 AM   #87
sfr rob
○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○ ○○○○○

Oh, re read it, epyDIDImus haha.
ok, yeah i saw that on anatomy for beginners.

How did you get that anyway? I could imagine the pain!!
sfr rob is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-06-2007, 12:08 AM   #88
datfun7
Eye Sheet Shoe Knot

DENTAL PAIN!!!!!!!!
The good old toothache.......
datfun7 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-06-2007, 12:27 AM   #89
Rollin
Banned

Following my mate on mountain bikes when I was in grade 12. We used to be very fit, so normal cruising speed was about 35km/h or more on bitumen.

Tearing along this narrow road, heard a car coming up behind us (I was drafting him for more speed :P) so we both jumped the gutter onto the footpath until the car went past, then aimed back onto the road.

My mate jumped back onto the road and I followed, but didn't see the street sign post...

I slammed into it doing at least 35 but probably closer to 40 because the road was slightly downhill. I had only enough time to turn my head to the side and hit the pole just to the right of my head, from collar bone down to my hips.

There are a few seconds missing from impact to me lying on the footpath on my back, not being able to breathe, not being able to move at all, just lying there, not even being able to think because the pain was that bad - my mate noticed I had stacked it and came back, was asking me if I was OK but I couldn't answer him!

He rang my dad to pick me up, it took about 15 mins before I could sit up and get in the car, my fingers worked but couldn't move my arm from the pain.

Went to hospital for an X-Ray, apparently the only damage from the pole was a "greenstick" fracture to my collar bone. :

If actually breaking a bone hurts more than that, I think I'd rather die - SO nasty!

Oh yeah - the bike was cactus too - bent front wheel, bars, slightly bent frame, etc...
Rollin is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-06-2007, 01:04 AM   #90
Jesk
certified nutter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venomous
That's what happened to me the other night, knee gave in, popped out and popped back in. Been resting it since saturday and it's still painful and can't move it properly.l
yeah i tend to have that problem too, and been meant to have surgery (tendon transfer procedure its called) on it too but I hate docs and its about a 12 month rehab minimum
Jesk is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post