Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 28-02-2007, 02:50 PM   #1
uranium_death
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default ANOTHER bloody fraud email. This time from ANZ. *BEWARE*

Hello.

Got this email from "ANZ Bank". False parts are BOLD.

[Start of the Email]

[logoANZ.gif]

Dear customer!
ANZ is constantly working to improve the account security of our customers.
In order, to ensure the integrity and security of our online banking system,
we periodically review accounts. We were unable to contact you by phone
during the last check, so please verify the information at your account file and make sure it is right.
Please, verify your account information by following the link:
[1]

https://www.anz.com/inetbank/bankmain
The next verification will be done soon, invalid account information will
result in your account being placed to restricted status.
Customer Service
Australia and New Zealand Bank
[2]http://www.anz.com/

© Copyright Australia and New Zealand Banking Group Limited (ANZ)

References

http://www.anzausecure.com/
http://www.anzausecure.com/

[End email]

Firstly, the ANZ logo didn't even work!

Secondly, I am not even an ANZ customer.

Unable to contact me by phone? No bank ever verifies details by phone. If they want to discuss details, they will ask you to come to the bank and talk about whatever.

No bank ever asks you to follow a link to "update" your personal details. Nor does any reputable business. Even a shonky business like Ebay doesn't do that.

No bank would ever place you on "restricted" status because you input the wrong details. As before, banks don't ask you to follow links to input details.

The final links are fraudulent and are false. A fabricated page to look like ANZ but really, it's fake.

As before, yeah sure. This may seem obvious. But people still fall for these tricks. My intention is that people will read this and once again not fall for it, delete the email and hope that others do not fall for it while the people responsible for this fraud are caught and have their fat ***** beat to a pulp.

Cheers

uranium_death is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-02-2007, 04:28 PM   #2
sgt_doofey
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Never ever click on a link in an e-mail which asks you to enter personal details, no matter who it is from!

Always open up a new web browser and type in the URL to your bank/eBay/etc website manually yourself and follow links from there. No respectable company would ask you to verify any details once they have been records, let alone via e-mail.
Old 28-02-2007, 05:58 PM   #3
GXL078
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I have had that one a couple of times and Westpac and Commonwealth and NAB. And I only bank with ST George. All when I was with Ozemail. Get zero spam with TPG now.
GXL078 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-02-2007, 07:53 PM   #4
Fordman1
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgt_doofey
Never ever click on a link in an e-mail which asks you to enter personal details, no matter who it is from!

Always open up a new web browser and type in the URL to your bank/eBay/etc website manually yourself and follow links from there. No respectable company would ask you to verify any details once they have been records, let alone via e-mail.
Yep NEVER give you banking details to ANYONE over the web !!!!!
Fordman1 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-03-2007, 11:22 AM   #5
XR06T
13.96 @ 101.65

its unbelievable the lengths they go to.. the only difference between the actual anz log in and teh phony one is the enter your phone number bit!!

theiving ****s
Old 02-03-2007, 12:50 AM   #6
red_october
Go on, be a monkey....

Just have to be smart about these things I suppose. I had one exactly like it, but from Westpac. And it's not even my bank...nice try, but no cookie...
red_october is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post