Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 12-11-2005, 05:53 PM   #1
SSBUB
SSuper SSpy

Default Dyno day

Just wondering if everyone is looking forward to Dyno Day next week and what they are running and what figures they are looking for?
Im hoping the gen 3 with headers/opened cats/vy ss zorst/mail order edit will give me 200rwkw...
What figures are you thinking you will get? :

SSBUB is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-11-2005, 06:18 PM   #2
DJM83
Barra Turbo > V8
Donating Member3

i take it this dyno day is for 'everyone' but i cnt help but wonder if you would get more help/info and acess to better resources on a holden forum? seen as u were kicked off here with your old alias aka SSBaby? Although we do welcome ppl from the other side unlike the way the holden forums accept us
- Twin 2.5" Stainless Exhaust
- Antz Turboside Intake
- CCForged Phatlux wheels
DJM83 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-11-2005, 06:27 PM   #3
SSBUB
SSuper SSpy

I am a member of both forums and i find them welcoming to some of yours...just ask Kev eb xr8 i think his nic is, i see typhoon in there amongst many others...and no im not ssbaby, i have been asked about that before, if you look back at posts i was here the same time as him/her..i am SSBub coz of my plates, which in Perth and are there on dyno day, you will see....and dyno day has a non ford class with a whopping....wait for it....2 people entered! So dont feel too jipped my blue blooded friend, we arent exactly taking over
Old 12-11-2005, 06:31 PM   #4
DJM83
Barra Turbo > V8
Donating Member3

Sorry bout the name thing but yeah i wennt over to commodore forums and was flamed to the s#!t house most are good but there is quite a few of d1ckheads over there btw im not worried bout the dyno day as i live in NSW
- Twin 2.5" Stainless Exhaust
- Antz Turboside Intake
- CCForged Phatlux wheels
DJM83 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-11-2005, 06:32 PM   #5
SSBUB
SSuper SSpy

i have never bothered with street commy's, i will read there mags, thats about it...i visit ls1 forums
Old 12-11-2005, 06:33 PM   #6
rodderz

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSBUB
Just wondering if everyone is looking forward to Dyno Day next week and what they are running and what figures they are looking for?
Im hoping the gen 3 with headers/opened cats/vy ss zorst/mail order edit will give me 200rwkw...
What figures are you thinking you will get? :
I would think more with those mods?
rodderz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-11-2005, 06:40 PM   #7
SSBUB
SSuper SSpy

Quote:
Originally Posted by rodderz
I would think more with those mods?
nah shes only an auto...she will chirp the wheels changing gears but i dunno...the zorst, while better than the standard vx ss ones, will limit the peak figure being only a vy ss zorst...i will have the quietest v8 there im sure...i have been told from Chipmaster in Perth it should run about 13.5 down the quarter, but it wont see any tracks for a while...i need new front brake pads and im going with some PBR set-ups including calipers etc so there no more mechanical mods for a while now :
Old 12-11-2005, 07:24 PM   #8
Falcon Coupe
Clevo Mafia Inc.

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: The exceptional contribution made to AFF over an extended period of time. Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Your tireless efforts behind the scenes in keeping AFF the place it is. 

Quote:
nah shes only an auto...she will chirp the wheels changing gears but i dunno...the zorst, while better than the standard vx ss ones, will limit the peak figure being only a vy ss zorst...i will have the quietest v8 there im sure...i have been told from Chipmaster in Perth it should run about 13.5 down the quarter, but it wont see any tracks for a while...i need new front brake pads and im going with some PBR set-ups including calipers etc so there no more mechanical mods for a while now :
I would be very suprised if it didn't go at least 220rwkw, if the edit is done right.
Falcon Coupe is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-11-2005, 07:29 PM   #9
Aussie_Geo
Aussie_Geo

Quote:
Hey bub,

I am entered in the class 4 I think it is for the turbos, the more the better I say, especially the non fords. I am going along as I want to see if I have had any gain from my original run.... but the real reason is to go along to meet some fellow car nuts....... even ones form the dark side (kidding) :

The only thing is she is tuned for 98 Ron and if I cant get any next weekend I am sure i will win the "pingiest" car class :

anyway for a few bucks you get a couple of runs and a feed. got to be a good day. most of all I would love to hear what other people have tried and what worked....... I dont believe in re-inventing the wheel and I have got some good info from these forums so will be happy to meet seome fellow enthusiasts

cheers

Peter
Aussie_Geo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-11-2005, 11:33 PM   #10
SSBUB
SSuper SSpy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussie_Geo
Hey bub,

I am entered in the class 4 I think it is for the turbos, the more the better I say, especially the non fords. I am going along as I want to see if I have had any gain from my original run.... but the real reason is to go along to meet some fellow car nuts....... even ones form the dark side (kidding) :

The only thing is she is tuned for 98 Ron and if I cant get any next weekend I am sure i will win the "pingiest" car class :

anyway for a few bucks you get a couple of runs and a feed. got to be a good day. most of all I would love to hear what other people have tried and what worked....... I dont believe in re-inventing the wheel and I have got some good info from these forums so will be happy to meet seome fellow enthusiasts

cheers

Peter
Wow your car makes 300+ rwkw??!!! I think most are going to be asking you how you invented the wheel!!
Yeah i think there will be a few of us using octane booster if ultimate isnt around...could be a few detonations under them hoods :hihi:
Old 12-11-2005, 11:41 PM   #11
geckoGT
Ich bin ein auslander

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always level headed and i notice him being the voice of reason when a thread may be getting heated 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falcon Coupe
I would be very suprised if it didn't go at least 220rwkw, if the edit is done right.
Yeah, I would have thought better than 200rwkw too. I am getting 235 out of my boss with a lot less work than that and mine is an auto too. I think SSBub might be pleasantly surprised. By the way, good choice on the brakes, I have the Ford version of the same setup and I am very pleased with them.
Old 12-11-2005, 11:48 PM   #12
SSBUB
SSuper SSpy

yeah i hear good things about PBR
As for the dyno, i would be happy to get over 200rwkw but a stock vx ss has only 225 fwkw...add some tri-y's, opened cats, an 'average' zorst and a mail edit (not a custom tune) then im not so sure it will quite easily get over the 200rw mark....your boss starts out at 260 doesnt it? So i got a bit of ground to make up ;)
Anyway dyno just give numbers we like to look at, i have seen high dyno figured cars been beaten by much lower dyno figured cars of the same model....i guess i shouldnt get hung up on dyno figures...i was just curious as to what people were hoping from there dyno visit next weekend
Old 12-11-2005, 11:56 PM   #13
geckoGT
Ich bin ein auslander

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always level headed and i notice him being the voice of reason when a thread may be getting heated 

Quote:
yeah i hear good things about PBR
As for the dyno, i would be happy to get over 200rwkw but a stock vx ss has only 225 fwkw...add some tri-y's, opened cats, an 'average' zorst and a mail edit (not a custom tune) then im not so sure it will quite easily get over the 200rw mark....your boss starts out at 260 doesnt it? So i got a bit of ground to make up ;)
Anyway dyno just give numbers we like to look at, i have seen high dyno figured cars been beaten by much lower dyno figured cars of the same model....i guess i shouldnt get hung up on dyno figures...i was just curious as to what people were hoping from there dyno visit next weekend
This is all very true, what does your donk get rwkw stock? I don't pay much attention to manufacturer claims as I have heard of Boss's pulling anything from 180rwkw-205rwkw stock, no manufacturer consistency and I have heard the same for gen three. Yes I do have a head start but I have less done so I figured the difference should not be that great, not 35kw. By the way I think we all realise the reality of KW, it is just something that we can actually measure in a fairly controlled environment. I do not believe the track is such a good indicator either as it can vary according to conditions, track surface and driver skill etc. In this case lesser cars can beat more powerful cars, purely because the pilot knows what they are doing.
Old 13-11-2005, 12:13 AM   #14
GT-P 390

Im hoping for 230-240rwkw out of myne. It's a dyno virgin so I'm only going on what everyone else is getting from theirs. Time will tell...will have to save some ultimate or buy some VP racing fuel as I'm not big on octane boosters.

BANKRUPT I - 2005 BAII GT-P Manual, Velocity, Herrod Extractors and Cats, Xtreme 1300kg Ceramic Clutch and Lightened Flywheel, Bluepower CAI, Herrod Suresix Shifter, John Bowe S/S Signature Series Exhaust, King Springs (Race Series), Bilstein Sport Shocks and 30mm Whiteline adjustable front sway-bay, 3.7 gears.

FPV/Tickford Owners Club of W.A. Member.
GT-P 390 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-11-2005, 12:17 AM   #15
SSBUB
SSuper SSpy

racing fuel sweeet
And your right Gecko, i have heard of anything from a 165rwkw monaro (a few actually which is a bit of a worry) to 218 dead stock
Old 13-11-2005, 12:18 AM   #16
geckoGT
Ich bin ein auslander

Quote:
racing fuel sweeet
And your right Gecko, i have heard of anything from a 165rwkw monaro (a few actually which is a bit of a worry) to 218 dead stock
I am always right! :
Old 13-11-2005, 03:39 AM   #17
argonEL
Cruisin' When-ever I Can!

Quote:
SNIP... which in Perth and are there on dyno day, you will see....and dyno day has a non ford class with a whopping....wait for it....2 people entered! So dont feel too jipped my blue blooded friend, we arent exactly taking over
HA ... your the only one in your class now mate. :P

Ill see you on the day, and ill pop over and say hi...

Id be happy with a reading of 160rwhp as well ;)

More mods to come!

Ex 97 EL Futura, 04 XR6 and 07 XR8 Owner.
argonEL is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-11-2005, 11:23 AM   #18
XA-Coupe
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I've seen mildly edited Ls1s pump out around about 220 RwKw. If it pumps out that then you should be getting some great times at the strip. Mind you, I have seen some make just on 200 with the same mods.
I will be in the vicinity of 215 with CAI only .. the Boss motors make plenty of power.. it's the lard **** bodies that slow them down on the strip.
XA-Coupe is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-11-2005, 11:55 AM   #19
geckoGT
Ich bin ein auslander

Quote:
Originally Posted by XA Coupe
I've seen mildly edited Ls1s pump out around about 220 RwKw. If it pumps out that then you should be getting some great times at the strip. Mind you, I have seen some make just on 200 with the same mods.
I will be in the vicinity of 215 with CAI only .. the Boss motors make plenty of power.. it's the lard **** bodies that slow them down on the strip.
That is true but it is a very comfortable lard **** body.
Old 13-11-2005, 11:59 AM   #20
XA-Coupe
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by geckoxr8
That is true but it is a very comfortable lard **** body.
I have no problems with the lard **** body either or else I wouldnt have one ... and then there is the car
XA-Coupe is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post