Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 28-10-2009, 11:26 AM   #1
Dan289

Smile Bowden Phase IV on show in Sydney this weekend

As if we have not been doing enough the last few weeks, we have the new big Ford Day at Homebush this weekend! Our old Phase IV will be making the trip, first time we have shown it there.

Click here for all the details

Hope you all enjoyed the Legends run we did at the Super GP on the weekend, huge thing to put together and run our ten cars with just three days preparation!

All the best,
Dan

Dan289 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-10-2009, 12:29 PM   #2
cs123
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: Can't think of anyone more deserving. Russ Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For all the technical support behind the scenes. Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Technical submission 

The legends were brilliant to watch.
cs123 is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-10-2009, 04:44 PM   #3
Dan289

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by cs123
The legends were brilliant to watch.
Brilliant to drive with as well... Watching Dick roar past me in Greens Tuf with Richards hard on his heels in the 635 was one of those special moments..

But Sunday, switching it up with my brother in the Super Falcon, myself in the Moffstang was without doubt the single greatest feeling I have had in a car.. Such awesome old beasts.
Old 28-10-2009, 04:48 PM   #4
Polyal
Virtuous Bogan (TM)
Donating Member2

That was a great sight with you guys side by side, and yes the XE stood proud amongst the other legends.

Bet your glad they all came back straight! Was the Capri yours aswell? Seemed to have some typical British fragility about it. (looked great though)
  • 1999 Lexus IS200 - 1G-FE Turbo 6MT
  • 1973 ZF Ford Fairlane
Polyal is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-10-2009, 04:54 PM   #5
gcg2503
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always adding valued comments,  never involved in any disputes. A credit to this forum. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan289
Brilliant to drive with as well... Watching Dick roar past me in Greens Tuf with Richards hard on his heels in the 635 was one of those special moments..

But Sunday, switching it up with my brother in the Super Falcon, myself in the Moffstang was without doubt the single greatest feeling I have had in a car.. Such awesome old beasts.
The phrase is "living the dream" I believe!
gcg2503 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-10-2009, 05:00 PM   #6
Peuty
Afterburner + skids =
Donating Member1

I hope you guys looked at the Camaros brakes once the weekend was out!

Really enjoyed seeing them, hopefully I'll be able to see them in the flesh next time.

Oo\===/oO
Peuty is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-10-2009, 05:21 PM   #7
Dan289

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polyal
That was a great sight with you guys side by side, and yes the XE stood proud amongst the other legends.

Bet your glad they all came back straight! Was the Capri yours aswell? Seemed to have some typical British fragility about it. (looked great though)
XE was totally amazing. Dick did it proud. First time it has been on a track since 1989...

If you get a chance, take a look at read the blog on our website, you can see just some of the daily fun and drama we had down on the Gold Coast leading up to Sunday.

Camaro is brakes, clutch and a ball joint, which gave it the unique shimmy under brakes!

Capri is Bo Setons, a lovely old race car, they had drama with fuel foam breaking down and blocking the system up, same thing we had in the Super Falcon and A9X.
Old 28-10-2009, 05:32 PM   #8
cs123
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: Can't think of anyone more deserving. Russ Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For all the technical support behind the scenes. Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Technical submission 

Quote:
Camaro is brakes, clutch and a ball joint, which gave it the unique shimmy under brakes!
That did look interesting on TV watching the Z28 try to shake itself to bits under brakes
cs123 is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-10-2009, 07:24 PM   #9
turbo4me

Quote:
As if we have not been doing enough the last few weeks, we have the new big Ford Day at Homebush this weekend! Our old Phase IV will be making the trip, first time we have shown it there.

Click here for all the details

Hope you all enjoyed the Legends run we did at the Super GP on the weekend, huge thing to put together and run our ten cars with just three days preparation!

All the best,
Dan
I wish i had known about the Ford day at Homebush i would have flown over from NZ to see this car. How many are there left, i know one was written off
Old 28-10-2009, 07:48 PM   #10
Dan289

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbo4me
I wish i had known about the Ford day at Homebush i would have flown over from NZ to see this car. How many are there left, i know one was written off
One tagged road GTHO and two racing Phase IV's made at Ford Special Vehicles are left. Correct that Hotto's car was written off in a road accident.

Pity you could not come along, should be a fun day, especially if they let me kick it over in there!
Old 28-10-2009, 08:53 PM   #11
Mr X
mustang pilot

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbo4me
3 left as legend and Dan289 says.As in NZ we never see these cars in Adelaide either. :
Mr X is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-10-2009, 11:16 PM   #12
.bazz.
MFP s/c 290BOSS GT

Quote:

thanks dan for bringing out your cars for the super GP, me and my mates watch the action from a 12th floor unit, the sound of the old school muscle cars was unreal!

2007 BF MK2 XR6 TURBO UTE-winter white, y/t airbox, 60" injectors, herrod fuel pump, pwr intercooler, hot side pipe kit,CES exhaust.432rwhp 13psi http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=11329995

2006 BF MK1 FPV GT-silhouette, 6sp manual, 4/4 brembo's, whipple 2.9L, custom MFP supercharger kit, hurricane exhaust, 3:73 ratio, eaton tru-trac

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
.bazz. is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-10-2009, 07:54 AM   #13
QLD-Bluey
True Blue

Yes thanks Dan, I know its a lot of work and a big risk for you guys, but I must say that its the greatest way to see these old racing legends, ...on the track, doing what they were built to do. Not in the garage under wraps. Full credit to you all!! It was amazing!
QLD-Bluey is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-10-2009, 10:04 AM   #14
turbo4me

Quote:
One tagged road GTHO and two racing Phase IV's made at Ford Special Vehicles are left. Correct that Hotto's car was written off in a road accident.

Pity you could not come along, should be a fun day, especially if they let me kick it over in there!
What's it like to be able to sit in a gold mine and drive it to.
Old 29-10-2009, 10:10 AM   #15
Fev
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

^ hehehe

see ya Sunday!
Fev is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-10-2009, 04:37 PM   #16
imugli
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Man, I wish I was in Sydney this weekend!
imugli is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post