Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Fiesta, Festiva and Ka

Old 27-02-2006, 11:07 PM   #1
fitedc
Starter Motor

Default Road noise

Hi ,

I don't own a fiesta yet but I'm thinking about getting one of the new zetecs when it arrives- not sure yet.

I've read heaps of fiesta reviews and everyone mentions alot of road noise at speed. Is it really noisy on the highway?. Is it the engine noise or noise from the outside?. How can you make the car quiter?.

fitedc is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-02-2006, 01:25 AM   #2
frinik

I find it very quiet even at speed, then again I usually have music playing pretty loud ... i dont think it should be an issue unless youre anal about not hearing anything outside...personally id like to make the car louder :P
frinik is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-02-2006, 02:55 AM   #3
xurbanx
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I guess it's a small car and it looks quite low already there's bound to be the "road noise" but engine noise, now that's something I'll never get sick of hearing! Specially semi-flooring it around a corner or at the lights, just how I like my car sounds lol.
xurbanx is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-02-2006, 09:25 AM   #4
Scareybear
GRRRR.....

I found the stock Bridgestones very noisy, even the 205/40R17's I'm running now are quieter

If you sneeze with your eyes open, do your eyes pop out??
Scareybear is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-02-2006, 06:08 PM   #5
joshf2
striped

i normally cant hear my tyres over my 2" muffler-less exhaust
joshf2 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post