Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Focus

Old 20-04-2008, 01:52 PM   #1
4dlvr
4dlvr

Default changing headlight globes???

anyone no the rite way to change the headlight globes on a lr focus???
i tried from behind in the bonnet and realized it wasn't possible,
then i thought the light might come out, i took the 2 viewable screws out but the light still wouldn't come out, theres a screw that i just cant find...
please help someone :

4dlvr is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-04-2008, 02:57 PM   #2
Tj-zetec
Knows nothing. Apparently

I went through a stage where my local spares place was getting a batch of really dodgy globes and I was replacing them every second month nearly.

It's not an enjoyable job.

To change the passenger's side globe, I was removing the battery and the battery box. from there I could open the little flap on the back of the head light.
It's a small opening, there's not a lot of room and you can't really see what you're doing.

The driver's side was a little easier, but not much easier.
I don't recall having to remove anything, but I think I did have to move a few hoses around. They unclip quite easily and free up a little bit of space.

However, I could be going about this completely wrong so if someone else out there knows an easier way to do it, I'd love to hear it. I was only following what it had in the owners manual, and even then it only tells you how to open the flap on the back of the headlight.

1975 Mitsubishi/Chrysler GC Galant 2-door Hardtop. 4G63 DOHC heart transplant nearly complete!
Check out the build over here
Tj-zetec is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-04-2008, 06:30 PM   #3
FOCUSonTHIS
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

The manual for the car will tell you step by step...but it is a very hard process and its something that I don't enjoy doing on my car. Best headlight globes I have used is the genuine ones believe it or not. Lasted me 4 years. I put blue vision in and they blew after 3 months. So I forked out $60 for genuine and I don't have a problem

2002 AUIII XR6
1995 EF Falcon XR6
2003 LR Focus Zetec
1989 KE Laser TX3
FOCUSonTHIS is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-04-2008, 06:51 PM   #4
melbzetec
Old enough to know better

There is no easy way. It is done as the guys describe it. If you've taken out scrws....put them straight back!

You have to flick down a large wire clip from the top of the black covering of the headlight in the engine bay. As TJ says, try the driver side firts, theres more space.

Also try using a small mirror to see what you're doing. there is no way of getting your head behind it
Mods: Ford Racing CNC'd cylinder head milled .040", 3 angle valve grind. Ford Racing Stage II camshafts. Ford Racing cam gears. Ford Racing long tube header. Random Technology hi flow cat. Herrod 2.25" stainless cat-back. Pipercross Viper intake. CFM 65mm throttle body. 2000 ported intake manifold. Herrod Custom SCT tune. Eibach suspension. Quaife ATB diff. Wilwood 13" brakes. Custom ST170 leather interior.
www.cardomain.com/ride/2773918

melbzetec is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-04-2008, 05:54 PM   #5
Tj-zetec
Knows nothing. Apparently

I beg to differ steve.

I managed to get my head in the spot where the battery box lives. then again, I got a little head (goes with the little body)

Didn't really help tho, still couldn't see anything.

1975 Mitsubishi/Chrysler GC Galant 2-door Hardtop. 4G63 DOHC heart transplant nearly complete!
Check out the build over here
Tj-zetec is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-04-2008, 12:07 PM   #6
4dlvr
4dlvr

ok its been done, thanx heaps.
hard but not nearly as hard as i thought it was, cheers
4dlvr is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-04-2008, 10:37 PM   #7
20focus05
I wanna XR5

its easy, remove the one screw at the top that attaches the assembly to the front bulk head, the whole head light unclips out. thats for the LS
The power steering res is down below the right hand head light.
my 2 cents.

WHOOPS DID NOT READ YOUR ORIGINAL POST PROPERLY

Ex Ford owner and member of this great site for ages.

South Australia, where the RIGHT hand lane is the NEW LEFT lane??????!!! %&#@*

Last edited by 20focus05; 30-04-2008 at 10:43 PM.
20focus05 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post