Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Focus

Old 18-03-2006, 08:45 AM   #1
lotuselanman
Les

Default Zetec ECU - Delco - remy

: :SaiyanSmi
Gidday,
I am in need of an ECU / EMS for my Zetec project, yes I will phone Focus Racing.
Months ago I was talking to a bloke / firm who do a unit based on the Camira Delco - Remy ECU, unfortunately I have changed computers and lost the contact, may have been in WA !!!
Can anyone help ??
See ya, Les

lotuselanman is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-03-2006, 12:57 PM   #2
murcod
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

So you're completely changing the ECU?

The Delco ECU's can be reprogrammed to run virtually anything eg. I used one on a 3 cylinder Daihatsu turbo engine. I believe Kalmaker sell packages including the software to reprogram the Memcal?

BTW there's heaps of info on the internet- just use Google.
Old 19-03-2006, 08:30 PM   #3
FRA
Mr Focus

This kit comes with all the parts required to take full control of your stock or turbo, supercharged Zetec engine. Pectel ECU comes with pre-installed calibration so you can install and drive away within 2 hours. Uses stock injectors, ignition coil and engine position sensors. Requires laptop computer for tuning. Recommended for tuning by experienced engine tuners only. Used on the 300+Hp WRC Focus.
Is your car auto or manual? I also need litre size. I am still waiting on a price for the Pectel ECU but will let you know as soon as I know.
FRA is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-03-2006, 04:37 PM   #4
Fast Eddie
Motorsport Guru

Guys,

You wouldn't believe it, but prior to buying my Focus I drove a Camira. It was one of the last produced in 1988 (DEC Build) and from memory it ran a DELCO E.C.U. I have a spare lying around.

My question is: Can it be used with a different program installed on my LR LX Auto Focus??

Cheers, Fast Eddie.

Exterior Enhancements: ST170 Wheels, Richbrook Shorty Aerial, Euro-Spec Hatch Handle.

Performance Enhancements: Ate Callipers/EBC Rotors/EBC Greens Stuff Pads, ST170 Suspension, Herrod's Custom Tune, Ford Racing Coated Exhaust Manifold & Bespoke 2.25in Exhaust.

Awards: AFD '07 EFOC Best Focus, SFS '09 EFOC Best Focus, SFS '10 RSOC O/all Best Focus, AFD '10 CFC O/all Best Focus.
Fast Eddie is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-03-2006, 10:03 PM   #5
murcod
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Possibly. It wouldn't be able to control your auto trans - don't know if the Focus have one ECU for both or if they communicate (if it's seperate)?

They're a good system for older non EFI engines or older Jap imports (even turbo engines.) But, you need the software and a few other bits to reprogram them.
Old 31-03-2006, 02:01 PM   #6
Fast Eddie
Motorsport Guru

Thanks for this info mondeost24.

I'd assume that there's only one ECU but I'll make further enquiries.

Cheers.

Exterior Enhancements: ST170 Wheels, Richbrook Shorty Aerial, Euro-Spec Hatch Handle.

Performance Enhancements: Ate Callipers/EBC Rotors/EBC Greens Stuff Pads, ST170 Suspension, Herrod's Custom Tune, Ford Racing Coated Exhaust Manifold & Bespoke 2.25in Exhaust.

Awards: AFD '07 EFOC Best Focus, SFS '09 EFOC Best Focus, SFS '10 RSOC O/all Best Focus, AFD '10 CFC O/all Best Focus.
Fast Eddie is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post