Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Focus

Old 13-08-2005, 04:39 PM   #1
orsest170
WRC Fanatic

typhoon pic....

http://www.fordforums.com.au/photos/...cat=500&page=1
orsest170 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-08-2005, 06:42 PM   #2
b2tf
not here much anymore

yes please to a typhoon setup. Seriously considering it now.
Old 14-08-2005, 07:17 PM   #3
ProjectXR

Quote:
Originally Posted by back2thefutura
yes please to a typhoon setup. Seriously considering it now.
i'm down for one! where do u get these from?
ProjectXR is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-08-2005, 08:48 PM   #4
Timmeh
Fairmont Ghia

Ummm, to all the Zetec owners wishing for this system, I can't help but notice the throttle body of the Duratec is in a remarkably different postion to the Zetecs and that setup is completely un-useable... but I assume you petrol heads knew that.

See my setup and you'll notice the difference in position...

Good setup for Duratec owners though!

Keep us informed about the rattle Chris, my money is still on a heat shield somewhere, or a muffler.

Tim
Timmeh is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-08-2005, 08:59 PM   #5
b2tf
not here much anymore

Tim from what I can tell there are a number of Typhoon systems made by K&N for both the Zetec and Duratec engines.
I'll go see the K&N guys here tomorrow and see what I can find in the way of part numbers and pricing etc.
Old 14-08-2005, 09:11 PM   #6
Timmeh
Fairmont Ghia

Yeah, K+N do make a range of pod filter setups. My only advice is that just because it fits on an American Focus, does not mean it fits the Aussie one. I had to custom fit my U.S. spec intake setup in these areas:

Crankcase Ventilation Pipe
Intake pipe to throttle body
MAF fitting
Mounting bracket

Just for a heads up, I was suprised everything didn't fit, and it 100% was for a US Focus Zetec engine. Soemthing to be aware of that you wouldn't know until you get one. See how you go, they might even make an Aussie spec one, I'd be interested to know.

Tim
Timmeh is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-08-2005, 10:57 PM   #7
orsest170
WRC Fanatic

Hi guys,

Timmeh is right to be wary, but on this occasion I feel I can set your minds at ease. K&N make the typhoon for both the 1.8 and 2.0 litre foci - and yes they are different to mine, because of the different throttle body position that Timmeh eluded to.

Part No for 1.8L : 694000T

Part No for 2.0 : 693510T

They come in 4 different finishes and this is denoted by the final letter of the part number i.e 694000TR means that it has a red finish... B on the end means blue finish and so on...

Well, my Typhoon is actually made for the SVT and it fitted perfectly, in fact every part I have got from the USA has been brilliantly engineered and a perfect fit for my car. Of course this doesn't guarantee it will be the same for your foci, but my experience with US focus parts has been very good.

Here is the link to the typhoon page on the K&N site:

http://www.knfilters.com/search/appsearch.aspx

Just so you have a reference point for any Oz quotes you get, the typhoon for the Zetec is available from Central Florida Motor Sports for $189 which is about $250 Oz dollars....postage will set you back around $50 - $60 aust.

These guys use the express postal service too, so you will have it in a week or less.

Hope this helps.
orsest170 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post