Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Focus

Old 19-08-2005, 05:50 PM   #1
cunniff81
Starter Motor

Default FOCUS Rims?

Where are the best place to get focus rims?

I am really struggling to get the 4x108 pattern in almost anything,
damn these European cars.

Can anyone help me out?

I am really looking at 18"

cunniff81 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-08-2005, 06:34 PM   #2
tabaccs

gte ureself some of these wheels -->> http://www.ozracing.com/oz2005/eng/home.php?lang=eng

ive always wanted a set of oz rims :

ST170 Side Indicators, K&N Panel Filter, Factory Scuff Plates,
Leather/Alloy Handbrake Cover, Body Kit
tabaccs is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-08-2005, 06:41 PM   #3
zetec
Zoom Zoom

Try Tempe Tyres in Sydney, they custom drill most sizes. Just make sure you get the right offset, but otherwise they offer 18". Temmeh can help you having purchased rims from there, he's very happy.
Old 19-08-2005, 10:45 PM   #4
orsest170
WRC Fanatic

I’ve still got my ST170 rims which I failed to sell on ebay (people just don't know a bargain when they see it )

They are only 17's, but they still look awesome. I changed rims so I would have something a bit more unique and I have since questioned my decision on more than one occasion. Anyway, it’s done now, so if you are interested, PM me and we can 'talk turkey'.
orsest170 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-08-2005, 06:30 PM   #5
whippet_zetec
Supes

Quote:
Originally Posted by zetec
Try Tempe Tyres in Sydney, they custom drill most sizes. Just make sure you get the right offset, but otherwise they offer 18". Temmeh can help you having purchased rims from there, he's very happy.
www.tempetyres.com.au

have a pretty decent selection, you just need to make sure you pick a rim that has a cetre cap as these are the rims that are drilled.....my neighbour who has a machine silver zetec just put a set of the new 17" Volante Chromies on....dont look to bad at all..

also, TempeTyres will also trade your old alloys of you have em
Old 21-08-2005, 12:32 AM   #6
zetec
Zoom Zoom

Quote:
Originally Posted by orsest170
I’ve still got my ST170 rims which I failed to sell on ebay (people just don't know a bargain when they see it )

They are only 17's, but they still look awesome. I changed rims so I would have something a bit more unique and I have since questioned my decision on more than one occasion. Anyway, it’s done now, so if you are interested, PM me and we can 'talk turkey'.
They'd look insane on my car... just the issue of money. Just got new tyres for my 16's at Christmas.
Old 21-08-2005, 12:46 AM   #7
whippet_zetec
Supes

ST170 rims are great lookers.....I just cant justify spending the cash on them ex-rubber when there is a plethora of rims you can get with rubber cheaper and that can look just as good.
Old 22-08-2005, 01:59 PM   #8
cunniff81
Starter Motor

I have had a look at the Tempe website, some nice stuff on there.

What size wheel can we focus people go to? Is like 18" X 7.5" to large?
Will that rub if I have the 45mm offset they recomend?
I hear people saying they will rub but then I see cars with that size on.
It is really confusing to me.
Can anyone help?
Old 22-08-2005, 11:10 PM   #9
king_pin

I have just recently had a set of 18 x 7.5" wheels fitted to my focus which has also been lowered. There are no rubbing issues at all.

The 4x108 limits your choices a bit, but with persistance I am sure you will find something that you like.

I got my Lensos through the Tyre Factory and found them to be very helpful. Tempe Tyres seems to offer the widest selection, even though the couple that I enquired about were not available for the Focus :O. My preference was to get them balanced and fitted in person in case there were any problems, rather than buying them and getting them shipped from interstate (as I am in Vic).
king_pin is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-08-2005, 10:12 AM   #10
cunniff81
Starter Motor

Your not wrong about the lack of options for the 4x108 pattern.

I have noticed that in europe there are mag wheels coming out their ****!
But every place I ask here says "sorry we can't do that", or they are like way beyond the price I wanted to pay.

Thanks for the opinions on the 18"x7.5" will keep that in mind.