Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Focus

Old 19-07-2005, 08:32 PM   #1
kirkr99
5 Door 2.0L Zetec

Question Tinting

Hello all,

Just so that i know i am not being ripped off and also as i am new to Australia, can any of you guys give me an approximate cost for getting the windows of my 5 door mk1 focus tinted?
Being from Scotland, we really didn't have to worry about blocking out the sun!

cheers,

Kirkr99

kirkr99 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-07-2005, 09:16 PM   #2
b2tf
not here much anymore

I had mine done for $240 in darkest legal, although some issues have arisen out of it...........

Price should be similar to that though.
Old 19-07-2005, 09:40 PM   #3
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: DASH/bfiipursuit has been alot of help over the years I have frequented this forum, lots of thoughtful and informed posts, very much a valued contributor. 

I had a BA done for $250 in 3M...
Smoke Pursuit is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-07-2005, 10:21 PM   #4
zetec
Zoom Zoom

You're looking around $250-300 for a good priced, darkest legal 35% tint that should come with a lifetime replacement guarantee, preferably a 3M tint (which is Carbon based I believe). It makes a great visual difference and adds security and insulation in summer.
Old 20-07-2005, 12:04 AM   #5
fordel
Tricolore Tard
Contributing Member

I had the whole car done for $320 .... was a quite good price for what I have.

Chris
Old 20-07-2005, 07:04 AM   #6
Timmeh
Fairmont Ghia

I had my car done for $190 (5 door), haven't had a problem with it. I guess just shop around, but you've got a good range of prices now to know what to expect.

Tim
Timmeh is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-07-2005, 04:34 PM   #7
kirkr99
5 Door 2.0L Zetec

Cheers guys,

Can anyone recommend somewhere in Adelaide to get the tinting done?

Cheers

Kirkr99
Old 18-08-2005, 08:40 PM   #8
used

anyone can recommend tinting in melbourne???
where n how much????

thanks
used is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-08-2005, 02:01 PM   #9
melbzetec
Old enough to know better

In Melbourne: Autoshades Nepean Hwy Gardenvale. He is brilliant. Passionate about what he does, A1 professional job, top class materials, recommendations always spot on (Have had 4 cars done by him)

Is he the cheapest? No. But not a rip off. Good value for what you'll get. Price depends on what film and what car
Mods: Ford Racing CNC'd cylinder head milled .040", 3 angle valve grind. Ford Racing Stage II camshafts. Ford Racing cam gears. Ford Racing long tube header. Random Technology hi flow cat. Herrod 2.25" stainless cat-back. Pipercross Viper intake. CFM 65mm throttle body. 2000 ported intake manifold. Herrod Custom SCT tune. Eibach suspension. Quaife ATB diff. Wilwood 13" brakes. Custom ST170 leather interior.
www.cardomain.com/ride/2773918

melbzetec is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-08-2005, 03:27 PM   #10
kirkr99
5 Door 2.0L Zetec

Can anyone recommend someone in Adelaide?
Old 20-08-2005, 01:58 AM   #11
lincoln
Blinded

I paid around $330 or so for 3M tints. They ahve the reputation as the best film on the market, so I gave them a go. They tend to be fitted by only one installer per city. I'd suggest calling 3M direct and asking for their car window tinting seller/fitter.

Here's my car, it's a bit bright, but the tint is a carbon based tint so is quite black. Found it works very well.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg P1020874.JPG (127.3 KB, 65 views)
lincoln is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-08-2005, 02:24 AM   #12
Teki04
Clio 182 CUP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lincoln
I paid around $330 or so for 3M tints. They ahve the reputation as the best film on the market, so I gave them a go. They tend to be fitted by only one installer per city. I'd suggest calling 3M direct and asking for their car window tinting seller/fitter.

Here's my car, it's a bit bright, but the tint is a carbon based tint so is quite black. Found it works very well.
Mmmmmmmmmmmm, st170.....Mmmmmmmmmmm.... oh yes, tint... nice..... st170 Mmmmmmmmmmm

'In fact, so good is the Clio 182 with the Cup chassis set-up that I feel moved to make a bold statement - I think it's the best hot hatch ever built.' (EVO Jan 04)
Teki04 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post