Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Focus

Old 14-08-2005, 09:20 PM   #1
chevaps
Zetec Screamer....

Default Liberace attack

A green Toyota Starlet attempted to rape my foci today, causing some mild damage to my rear bumper and recently fitted skirt :

For all you Perth people, it happened on Manning rd right near the Freeway. The way the road works were designed and set out caused havok, with a car attempting to merge in front of me, i proceeded to brake, the starlet behind me slowed down but a green 4WD locked his brakes, slammed into the starlet which then rebounded in me....

Not happy. Damn 4WD driver doesnt have insurance either.... will have to chase up before they "leave to go overseas" soon which is why they claim they dont have insurance.

Tom

Old 14-08-2005, 09:23 PM   #2
Casper
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
Contributing Member

I think I'll just change the title of this thread to be a little less offensive. Sorry to hear about the car.

Now in Euro-Trash. VW Coupe V6 4motion.
Casper is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-08-2005, 10:20 PM   #3
Timmeh
Fairmont Ghia

Sucks to hear about it mate....

Keep us informed on how it goes.

Tim
Timmeh is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-08-2005, 10:22 PM   #4
WRC1AB
WRC1AB

Damb Kwinanna freeway roadwork, Im really sick of this every day somethings changed and it doesn;t help when it raining.
Hay Tom I have to drive through that every day to work.
And I have had the samething happen to me but the rebound stopped two cars back.
Its the most helpless feeling.
You just sit there and hope it wontreach you.
Anyway chase down the 4WD before he leaves the country.
BTW where can I get a rear wing like yours? Thats the RS look winhg isn't it?
: get the 4WD and :
Old 14-08-2005, 10:34 PM   #5
orsest170
WRC Fanatic

Sorry to hear about your incident mate. I know that bit of road well. I avoid the freeway like the plague these days and feel sorry for those people who don't have an alternative route to work. You certainly won't be the first, or the last person to be involved in an accident due to the mess they have made on those road works. Hard luck mate, hope you can get it sorted amicably.
orsest170 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-08-2005, 11:00 PM   #6
whippet_zetec
Supes

Quote:
Originally Posted by chevaps
Not happy. Damn 4WD driver doesnt have insurance either.... will have to chase up before they "leave to go overseas" soon which is why they claim they dont have insurance.

Tom
Bad luck, when I was in WA I used to use that bit of the Freeway too, all that work around there makes it a complete mess I agree.

Also, dont you have insurance cover? Your insurance company should be able to chase it up for you if you do.......and you just go on as normal....
Old 15-08-2005, 03:00 AM   #7
chevaps
Zetec Screamer....

Yeh, i try and avoid the freeway too lately, its just that 70km/h zone, then down to 60km/h, and then at one spot it was 40km/h..... on the freeway!!! Its a sweet spot for the coppers with lasers.

But i wasnt even on the freeway today, its that part where when you turn right off canning hwy if you continue straight, your on freeway south, but if you go left, your onto manning rd. I was on my way to the Curtin open day when it happened. On my way back to file a crash report, i actually took photos of the situation, as well as a 2 min video on my fone and within those 2 minutes, TWO incidents where the cars were caught by surprise by the sudden merge. Its a crappy design!!

Poor girl in the starlet got the worst of the heat, it was like a david vs goliath sort of thing, and her damage is more extensive than at a first glance. Shes desperately calling the 4wd owners, but cant get an answer..... SO IT BEGINS!!!

Like i mentioned, ive only got some mild damage, couple hundred bucks at most. The skirt is comin off, and the rear bumper n skirt need a refinish.

Todd, i have insurance, but i thought it would affect my no claim bonus n premium for next year, as the 4wd owner (who undoubtedly will be found to be at fault) doesnt have insurance, so i would have to make my own claim.... or alternatively, could u shed some light on how it works, coz i got no idea. All i know is that ive had bad experiences with insurance companies, they'll gladly take your money, but making a claim is like squeezing blood out of a rock.

Tom
Old 15-08-2005, 03:05 AM   #8
chevaps
Zetec Screamer....

Quote:
Originally Posted by WRC1AB
BTW where can I get a rear wing like yours? Thats the RS look winhg isn't it?
Um, as far as i know, its an RS wing, but here in Oz, its the wing fitted to the Zetec R.

I got mine from Stripe Master, but good luck getting one from him. Hes the only guy that gets em, and i waited 5 MONTHS till i got mine, after many, many, many calls.

Tom
Old 15-08-2005, 09:51 AM   #9
zetec
Zoom Zoom

Quote:
Yeh, i try and avoid the freeway too lately, its just that 70km/h zone, then down to 60km/h, and then at one spot it was 40km/h..... on the freeway!!! Its a sweet spot for the coppers with lasers.

But i wasnt even on the freeway today, its that part where when you turn right off canning hwy if you continue straight, your on freeway south, but if you go left, your onto manning rd. I was on my way to the Curtin open day when it happened. On my way back to file a crash report, i actually took photos of the situation, as well as a 2 min video on my fone and within those 2 minutes, TWO incidents where the cars were caught by surprise by the sudden merge. Its a crappy design!!

Poor girl in the starlet got the worst of the heat, it was like a david vs goliath sort of thing, and her damage is more extensive than at a first glance. Shes desperately calling the 4wd owners, but cant get an answer..... SO IT BEGINS!!!

Like i mentioned, ive only got some mild damage, couple hundred bucks at most. The skirt is comin off, and the rear bumper n skirt need a refinish.

Todd, i have insurance, but i thought it would affect my no claim bonus n premium for next year, as the 4wd owner (who undoubtedly will be found to be at fault) doesnt have insurance, so i would have to make my own claim.... or alternatively, could u shed some light on how it works, coz i got no idea. All i know is that ive had bad experiences with insurance companies, they'll gladly take your money, but making a claim is like squeezing blood out of a rock.

Tom
MAte you shouldn't be affected even if the other driver doesn't have insurance because it's up to the insurance company to sue that owner for the money. Stupid really. They don't pay a small amount of money each year and it ends up costing them more than 10 years of insurance anyway in one incident... smart move. You shouldn't be ever affected by someone else, you should keep at them if they are hesitant to do anything however getting in between an insurance ocmpany and their money is like witholding a whole chicken from a tiger... good luck!! If you are not at fault you should not be disadvantaged.

As for that rear wing, can you possibly copy down the part number that's written on it somewhere? I can make some inquiries here potentially.
Old 15-08-2005, 09:52 AM   #10
whippet_zetec
Supes

Quote:

Tom
If you have the other drivers details and you were not at fault, making a claim through your insurance policy "should not affect your no claim position, ie your bonus should not be reduced" as you can identify an at fault person....I would be providing your Insurer with the details of both of the other cars involved, even the Starlet's and even though indirectly its not her fault.

Generally your no claim bonus should only be affected by any accidents you have which were your fault or there is no party that is responsible like having your car stolen and not finding the culprit, storm damage, vandalism (although I had a huge hail damage claim in the 1998 Sydney hail storm and all insurers waived the no claim bonus reduction for the claims)

If you are unsure just call up your insurer, tell them what happened and ask them would making a claim affect your no claim bonus, what the claim procedure is, and you can do all that without giving them your policy number....If I have any questions that I dont want to give too much away to begin with I just say "I'm a customer and have a policy, can you tell me about xyz?"
Old 15-08-2005, 06:50 PM   #11
chevaps
Zetec Screamer....

Quote:
Originally Posted by zetec
As for that rear wing, can you possibly copy down the part number that's written on it somewhere? I can make some inquiries here potentially.
There is no number written on the receipt, nor could i find an email with the part number quoted.

Sorry

Tom
Old 15-08-2005, 06:55 PM   #12
zetec
Zoom Zoom

Let me go into the Ford carpark and hunt one off a rear spoiler on a company car. It should be inscribed unter the wing, just above the brake-light.