Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Fiesta, Festiva and Ka

Old 19-03-2009, 11:54 PM   #1
Richo11
Starter Motor

Default Stereo/Sub install on factory unit?

Quick question, has anyone here put an after market headunit in their feista, or managed to connect subs to the standard head unit. I have some subs laying around that i was going to put into another car, but cant be stuffed anymore. Figure i might as well use them, but im gathering i need to get a new head unit for it.

Cheers for any help guys.

Matt

Richo11 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-03-2009, 12:07 AM   #2
Piotr
Non-Regular Member

Which Fiesta do you have?

The old shape you can change headunit with no issues but the new ones im not sure about. To connect subs you just need to buy a line converter and connect and amp into the system using the line converters.
Old 20-03-2009, 12:11 AM   #3
Richo11
Starter Motor

I have an 07 WQ. Im thinking its probably just going to be easiest to change the head unit to get the best sound, but i was wanting to leave it pretty standard for resale reasons
Richo11 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-03-2009, 11:43 AM   #4
Piotr
Non-Regular Member

Im the WQ changing the Stereo is very simple (The WP was a nightmare and needed the dash to be disassembled). Buy some stereo removal keys from ebay and the dash adapter, this will change the Doublie Din hole left into a Single DIN unit for the stereo and a pocket. Look stock and very neat