Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 06-05-2005, 04:59 PM   #1
Duffman
Oh Yeah!

Default au2 culster problem (with needles)

Hay we took out the cluster to install white dails. Anyway all of the needles came off easy except the fuel one. It took the pin with it. Now when we put it back in it wont drop slowly like the temp guage it jerks or stops. We have tried putting it back in with the pin and cant get it to work right and now we are taking the pin out and putting it in on its own then adding the needle. Still it won work properly. Have we damaged anything or is it just a matter of messing with it until we get it right? Just it seems to run smooth for a bit then go jerky so annoying....
Duffman is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-05-2005, 05:03 PM   #2
Duffman
Oh Yeah!

We think the pin might be betn now as when you move the needle to full and it goes to roll back to empty it seems to move down a bit and get stuck on the surface. The question is can you buy another pin not sure what to do now.
Old 06-05-2005, 05:27 PM   #3
jonbays
TL40 Wagon?

doesn't sound good to me!

i changed my dials for the 240k tickford ones and thehose needles are a fiddly thing to do. I think if you gave it too much "well" you might have stuffed it. Look for a s/h cluster!!!? i don't think it will be easy or cheap to fix and its hard to put up with on the fuel guage.
jonbays is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-05-2005, 05:50 PM   #4
Sourbastard
Contributing Member

My fuel guage is roulette wheel anyway.

Ill put $10 on empty!!!

1965 XP Falcon Deluxe Sedan
1978 XC Falcon Wagon Rallypack
2003 BA Fairlane G220

Windsor Powah!!! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m7hT9dxD2hM

Sourbastard is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-05-2005, 06:10 PM   #5
Duffman
Oh Yeah!

Yah we put the needle back in now and the fuel guage works but its very dodgy. It will cost around $100-150 to be fixed by the VDO guys.

I took my cluster face off as well (had to retun the old one for another) and put on the old one. Well the speedo/tacho was f**ked badly. They where jerky and I was really really unhappy expecting the worse. Couldnt figure it out luckly my bro works at ford and found the black face wasnt on properly and the needles where rubbing on it. FEW that saved me some cash !