Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 26-04-2005, 02:46 AM   #1
GRIMBO

Wink Tickford standard ??

Having just bought an AUII Fairmont Ghia, I noticed on lifting the bonnet it has the Tickford motor. Is this standard or an option (does not mention in owners manual). Before someone comments do I lift the bonnet before I by a car, it was a bargain thru work (ex-bosses - $10k)
I have already used your guys advice for fixing my passengers side window which wouldn't wind up from that control - worked a treat. About to tackle the missing segments on the trip computer. As I am in Perth, will tackle the connection issue myself as bit of electronic background. Keep you posted.
Does anyone have a solution for removing a powder-coat like over spray from the window trim? Hasn't attached itself to the paintwork nor some of the rubber, only the rubber on the bottom of the windows.
Apart from that, the car is mint, bit of a step up from my 87 XF ute!!
Great site guys. - Thanks
  Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-04-2005, 03:23 AM   #2
blackers10
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

the tickford motor is jsut hte VCT motor as far as im aware.. and was an option..

i dont know how much better it is.. ill let some of hte wiser guys correct me and give ya tha facts..

what is the passenger window trick? as mine wont wind UP from that control either???

and somtimes on the trip computer it leaves segments out 1 time but not others.. its strange ...
cheers
blackers10 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-04-2005, 08:43 AM   #3
Casper
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackers10
the tickford motor is jsut hte VCT motor as far as im aware.. and was an option..

i dont know how much better it is.. ill let some of hte wiser guys correct me and give ya tha facts..
The Fairmont Ghia had the VCT Tickford motor as standard.

Now in Euro-Trash. VW Coupe V6 4motion.
Casper is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-04-2005, 12:12 PM   #4
Silhouette AU1 TS50.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper
The Fairmont Ghia had the VCT Tickford motor as standard.
I second that. VCT 4.0 standard.

As for the missing segments on your Climate Control display, it's very commom problem on AU high series. Have a look here for a guy in Melbourne who fixes them. Not sure if he does interstate. I know a shop that can fix it also, but they only do trade, no retail. I can help, PM me if you like.

Oh, and welcome aboard GRIMBO. Post some pic's of the Monty if you have some.

PIC'S OF MY
T1 TS50.
12 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post