Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 23-04-2005, 02:11 PM   #1
Collyboy

Default Aftermarket Traction Control?

I've had a AU III Forte for around 18 months now - really enjoy this car.

Just 2 things I'd like changed. When applying power in the wet, the back end gets a life of its own. My wife is really worried about this and is quite tentative when its raining as a result.

Are there any aftermarket kits that can be fitted? I'd have thought that the ABS sensors should be able to be used - or is there a chip that can do this?

Secondly, no cruise control and Ford want a grand to add the standard one. Any thoughts on this?
  Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-04-2005, 02:31 PM   #2
Kryton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Collyboy
Secondly, no cruise control and Ford want a grand to add the standard one. Any thoughts on this?
well id prefer factory cruise over after market. IMO pay the $1000 and have it done properly and it should come with a warranty.
and im a little shocked that it doesnt have cruise, my S1 Forte had cruise in it.
Kryton is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-04-2005, 03:12 PM   #3
xr8ute
Back on the road

http://www.racelogic.co.uk/traction.htm
xr8ute is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-04-2005, 04:15 PM   #4
GlennBA
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by davway
well id prefer factory cruise over after market. IMO pay the $1000 and have it done properly and it should come with a warranty.
and im a little shocked that it doesnt have cruise, my S1 Forte had cruise in it.
Our AUII forte hasn't got it. It was optional on falcons up to the BA MKII.
Maybe you could buy the kit through spare parts and fit it yourself if you were good at that sorta thing? Would probly be a fair bit cheaper.
GlennBA is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-04-2005, 05:21 PM   #5
loxxr6
XB in parts...

My S1 AU XR6 didn't come with cruise either.

A grand is a bit much to pay right now for it. I want it but its not that high on my list for a grand.

Has Fez and XB.

loxxr6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-04-2005, 05:32 PM   #6
sphell
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I was at autobarn before and I saw something there made by B&M that said 'traction control' on it.....then again, it could have been a line locker or something that makes u break traction Maybe check their website.
sphell is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-04-2005, 06:19 PM   #7
jonbays
TL40 Wagon?

Could just buy a fairmont it would be easier and they're not worth all that much any more worse luck for me. $38k new now $15k if i am lucky.

With all the mods probably less. : (
jonbays is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-04-2005, 01:43 PM   #8
INJECTED_250
Custom user title

you can buy the cruise kit from ford for around 600-650 ish.. It comes with every thing including steering buttons the works DONT get dodgy aftermarket kits
INJECTED_250 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-04-2005, 02:57 PM   #9
XRQTR
TBA Customs

As for traction control, not sure if it will be the same for all but I know on my ute the loom runs all the way to the back, found this out once when i was pressure washing it and the idiot light came on on the dash.

So I would assume that most cars run the loom right through it would then be a matter of getting your hands on the rest of the gear and hooking it up, might be an idea to check with wreckers as they would be a hell of alot cheaper.
XRQTR is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-04-2005, 07:11 PM   #10
Duffman
Oh Yeah!

That wrecking company on fordmods.com (think his name is xr8 dismantler) was selling au cruise kits he pulled out of cars. Think it was around the $200 mark then maybe get ford to install it might work out half the price.
Duffman is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-04-2005, 09:24 PM   #11
b2tf
not here much anymore

Your best bet in regards to T/C is going to be adding the required parts from a Fairmont or any AU2/3 that has it. I wouldnt trust an aftermarket one as much as i would a genuine Ford setup, and to be honest i have never heard of any aftermarket traction control system.

Again with the cruise control - go for a wrecked one, and ask around - any competent mechanic can fit it, it doesnt neccesarily have to be Ford.

What i would suggest is because both of these mods are relatively substantial (in particular the T/C - its a lot of work), consider buying a wrecked AU2/3 Fairmont or Ghia, take the parts you want, install them and sell the rest, and you should even come close to getting the money back that you paid for the wreck. The advantage in doing it that way is that if for example you got a Fairmont wreck, you could get the 3.45 LSD Diff as well, as well as a number of interior upgrades. Then you can sell any bits you dont want.