Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 01-03-2005, 11:16 PM   #1
Bangers

Default AU2 Alarm Upgrade

My sound system on my car is starting to get a little expensive ($2000+ :s)

Anyways, Can anyone recommend a decent alarm system that will stop wannabe crooks and/or stupid kids from breaking into my car? I don't plan on stopping anyone who knows what they are doing, as thats what insurance is for. Something that when any doors are touched will go off, or if boot/doors/boonet or anything is opened/kicked in/smashed.

Will it take over from my current keyless entry stuff?

No idea on budget as I'm not sure how much decent alarms go for...

Cheers
  Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-03-2005, 11:32 PM   #2
LG
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I got an upgrade alarm, and it works with the current Ford Immobilizer, and has a shock sensor and all. It's pretty good, cost me around $350 or so i think. On the lightest setting, just touching the car wont set it off, but if you rock it hard, or kick the tyre, or put it up on a jack, or if a truck drives past near it, it will set off the alarm.
Old 02-03-2005, 12:04 AM   #3
Stav
Smile

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always ready to help others over the years on AFF with advice and tips along the way 

for a decent upgrade you will have to spend around 350-450 dollars and is just a basic system really
Stav is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-04-2005, 10:13 AM   #4
vbtruk
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

hi guy's i am looking at getting the Hornet factory upgrade alarm and want to know how hard it is to install? As i don't trust anyone to do a better job than me.
vbtruk is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-04-2005, 01:16 PM   #5
fairmont1998
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I'm also running an upgrade alarm. Uses the original remotes.

2012 KK Jeep Cherokee Limited CRD - Still going strong
2019 MG ZS Essence
1988 RD Mitsubishi Colt GL - 59kW of Fury
2022 Kia Stinger GT
fairmont1998 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-04-2005, 03:51 PM   #6
Pik0

if you can get one of those screamer things, which produce a really high pitched sound when the alram goes off, so if they stay to steal your gear, at least they are going to have some sore ears...
Pik0 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-04-2005, 06:44 PM   #7
dozer
Starter Motor

Hornet do an upgrade which utilises the remotes as well as microwave and shock sensors available. you can also get extra modules to do global closing (elec windows, sunroof) and also remote start. :
Old 18-04-2005, 07:37 AM   #8
vbtruk
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

how hard is it to acctually install these alarm's? i might just try and find someone to do it as i want a good job not to stuff it up.
Old 19-04-2005, 04:55 PM   #9
vbtruk
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

anyone installed one of these alarms before? how long and how difficult is it? what wiring diagrams did you use?
Old 19-04-2005, 11:10 PM   #10
vbtruk
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

will remote start work on an AU III
Old 19-04-2005, 11:21 PM   #11
fairmont1998
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I installed mine myself. If you have the wiring diagrams for the car, the instructions for the alarm, know how to read a multimeter and work with electrical it's not hard to install.

2012 KK Jeep Cherokee Limited CRD - Still going strong
2019 MG ZS Essence
1988 RD Mitsubishi Colt GL - 59kW of Fury
2022 Kia Stinger GT
fairmont1998 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-04-2005, 01:00 PM   #12
vbtruk
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I just got my car alarm in and i must say it's great i am really happy with it and it works well with the factory system. Does anyone else have the Hornet factory upgrade?
Old 24-04-2005, 11:20 PM   #13
FST57L
Starter Motor

What alarm did u end up going with? If i had have seen your post i would have hooked u up mate, the wife and I work for Rhino, im the head engineer and she's Sales, we have worked there for over 5 years ;)

I just finished designing a new method of getting factory alarms to operate the after market jobs, theres 5 units in on test and going great! Especially for new holden/fords, we now have the top of the line alarms working with factory systems! Which is great news for the new car market!

Do yourself a favour and do this test, as it works of the factory system, if its not installed properly, you could disarm the alarm but just pulling the lock up with your finger i.e. put ur window down, arm the alarm, pull up the lock with your finger, after a phew seconds, and if it disarms, u could have a problem ;) (i just hope it wasnt my installer ;) )

What a theif does, is they have a small screw driver looking thing with a bit of ceramic on the end, they tap your window and it puts a neat little hole in it, they then reach in and open the lock
FST57L is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-04-2005, 12:02 AM   #14
Silhouette AU1 TS50.

On an AU it's difficult to pull the lock up with your finger as the locking tab is flush with the door trim and cannot be grabbed wih your fingers.

ps: Off topic. FST57L, is this your car?

Just interested to know what those rims are? What are they called, size and where from? Nice looking rims.

PIC'S OF MY
T1 TS50.

Last edited by 12; 25-04-2005 at 12:16 AM.
12 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-04-2005, 12:21 AM   #15
b2tf
not here much anymore

Sorry to jump in on this a bit late and change topic, but FST57L do you have any Rhino systems that can be added into a Focus? In particular id like to retain use of the original remote but add a basic alarm system with battery backup and also if possible,the ability to add elements such as auto window wind etc on in the future.
Old 25-04-2005, 12:53 AM   #16
vbtruk
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

FST57L i wish i had have spoken to you earlier i would have gone with the Rhino but i have ended up going with a Hornet 700XR factory upgrade as i have had DEI alarms before and was very happy.
Old 25-04-2005, 08:00 AM   #17
Bangers

Cheers for the replies guys, FST57L, check PM
  Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-04-2005, 09:46 PM   #18
AUsome
/////Alpine

maybe we could get a group thing going here, im interested in one of these as well for my AU
AUsome is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-05-2005, 01:15 AM   #19
Pik0

I wouldnt mind getting an upgraded alarm for my AU series 2 XR6 as well, check your PM's FST57L
Pik0 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-05-2005, 12:43 PM   #20
AUsome
/////Alpine

got a mate interested in one as well
AUsome is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post