Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 27-04-2005, 09:44 AM   #1
TheSneakiness
Adapt or perish...

Default Tempremental S.O.B.

Guess what, my AU has decided it wants to play up on me. Here are some things it's done since yesterday.

- Transmission jumped into Neutral at 60km/h then quickly back into Drive.
- Different idle settings for petrol and gas (Petrol idles about 800rpm consistently, gas fluctuates between 600-1000rpm, then stalls)
- CD player skips going over tiny deviations in the road

I'm going to get the transmission serviced by Ron Hill Automatics up here in Maroochydore. I'm also going to go to the mob who installed the gas and get them to service that, cause I don't think it's injecting enough gas for combustion.

CD player on the other hand, it was working for a little while, then didn't want to play anything.

Do you guys think that the ECU needs tuning as well?
Old 27-04-2005, 09:51 AM   #2
Racecraft
they call me Tibbo

Transmission is low on oil. A service will see that right.

I'd say the spark plugs are starting to age.. LPG needs a very good spark in comparision to the ULP. A change of plugs should fix the idle problems

The AU CD players are ordinary at best, out of 25 cars that I have fitted with the deck 6 still work. :(

Racecraft is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-04-2005, 10:10 AM   #3
TheSneakiness
Adapt or perish...

Thanks Racecraft. Never thought about the sparkies.