Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 19-01-2006, 05:19 PM   #1
Bucket
XR5 Pilot

Default So I'm In Perth- what next?

Hey Guys, i dont know if any of you remember but a short while ago, i posted a thread about myself moving here to WA from NSW.
Well im here now and actively hunting down rental/share accomodation and a job. Any recommendations or advice? Wouldnt mind making some friends here either!

Bucket is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-01-2006, 05:29 PM   #2
gazzaEBXR6

hey im in perth umm wat would you like to know i miht be able to help
gazzaEBXR6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-01-2006, 05:54 PM   #3
jimt3te50
My kids think I'm cool

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Jim has consistently for some time now shared his life, and his passions in his XY GT and more so his FG GT in a way so everyone here feels part of the journey, which helps make AFF such a worthwhile place to be.  An outstanding contributor in my book. 

welcome to perth mate- Superpursuit83 is in the process of trying to organise some kind of WA AFF member's meet- or generate enough interest (good job too John BTW) so that would probably be a good time to make some friends (for all of us actually)

what sort of work are you into mate- and ideas of where you want to rent/share maybe someone here may be able to help.........

apart from that, best of luck mate
2018 Ford Ranger RAPTOR
2013 Audi SQ5
jimt3te50 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-01-2006, 08:49 PM   #4
Fordy
EMC-Benzenes Detailing

What work do you do mate, we're always looking for hardworkers where i am...

Cant help you with rent, but if you need a car im selling my turbo......
Fordy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-01-2006, 09:02 PM   #5
XtRmn8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Fordy, what sort of work do you do?
XtRmn8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-01-2006, 10:26 PM   #6
Fordy
EMC-Benzenes Detailing

I help manage the dispatch section of a huge furniture company...
Fordy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-01-2006, 10:37 PM   #7
superpursuit83
KITTY Crew Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimt3te50
welcome to perth mate- Superpursuit83 is in the process of trying to organise some kind of WA AFF member's meet- or generate enough interest (good job too John BTW) so that would probably be a good time to make some friends (for all of us actually)

what sort of work are you into mate- and ideas of where you want to rent/share maybe someone here may be able to help.........

apart from that, best of luck mate

Wont be long, cheers, welcome to WA bucket, what age are you and what type work you do ?

No doubt you will spot me in my "work ute" one day.

John

BAII Super Pursuit 0083

Awsome power by XTREME FORD TUNING 500rwkw New ALLOY Block

Awesome exhaust by THE EXHAUST CENTRE MIDLAND

Awesome Kenne Bell Supercharger setup by AGRO! and Bluepower Racing Developments

Now with full DOT approval and Permitted for road use
superpursuit83 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-01-2006, 12:37 AM   #8
Bucket
XR5 Pilot

Thanks for the replies everyone!
Well, im 21, 22 this year- Ive Got a background in Local Govenment as a Network admin/ Help Desk Support officer..ive also worked in Sales and Retail- Im looking to live fairly close to the city- i wouldnt go further than Freo, Hopefully closer, say the West Suburbs i suppose i.e Claremont/Nedlands/Subiaco...somewhere in the Golden Triangle would be nice or the New part of East Perthmaybe in share accomodation- looking a a max spend of arround $200 p/w ..PM me if you want to talk further about anything more in depth : cant wait to make some friends, get some money behind me as i need a bloody car!! id love to get my mits on an LPG BA or something soon and help is greatly appreciated!
Old 20-01-2006, 12:55 AM   #9
clontarf_x
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Ahh, now I remember you Bucket Your just in time, iiNet are recruiting VERY soon ;)
clontarf_x is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-01-2006, 12:57 AM   #10
Bucket
XR5 Pilot

For Real!?!?
Damnit!! When!?! hehe im keen as to get my a$$ into a Job need some cash flow- ill be ok for the near future but yea...
Old 20-01-2006, 01:33 AM   #11
WizBang
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

P.M sent mate and Welcome
WizBang is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-01-2006, 01:37 AM   #12
XtRmn8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

You should have no drama finding a job mate!! If you worked in local government before then have a look at the IT Officer job listed here http://www.rockingham.wa.gov.au/employment2.html

It would be a good start for you and in freo it is a 25 min drive south, the traffic is not bad because you are going away from the city!! If I was you I would get a resume, cover letter and selection criteria done up quick and email it in before 4pm on the 20th. You never know your luck, you could be in a job within a couple of weeks!! If you need any help let me know and I might be able to assist!

Good luck!
Old 20-01-2006, 01:45 AM   #13
Bucket
XR5 Pilot

Quote:
Originally Posted by XtRmn8
You should have no drama finding a job mate!! If you worked in local government before then have a look at the IT Officer job listed here http://www.rockingham.wa.gov.au/employment2.html

It would be a good start for you and in freo it is a 25 min drive south, the traffic is not bad because you are going away from the city!! If I was you I would get a resume, cover letter and selection criteria done up quick and email it in before 4pm on the 20th. You never know your luck, you could be in a job within a couple of weeks!! If you need any help let me know and I might be able to assist!

Good luck!
Ah yes!! im already on the ball for that position! just putting the finishing touches on my resume! it'll be emailed tomorow Thanks for the heads up though!!
Old 20-01-2006, 03:20 AM   #14
XtRmn8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucket
Ah yes!! im already on the ball for that position! just putting the finishing touches on my resume! it'll be emailed tomorow Thanks for the heads up though!!
Bucket, just pay attention to all the selection criteria and make sure that you address all the points they ask for! If you overlook part or all of the selection criteria, your application will end up in the bin!

Also if you have any experience with Authority that would be good!! If you get an interview send me a PM and I will dig up some of the documentation that I wrote up and it might help you! :hihi:

:the_finge
Old 20-01-2006, 04:23 AM   #15
CruizinEB
Banned

welcome to Perth matey ;) what car do you have because we are having an E-Series Night cruise on Saturday night
CruizinEB is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-01-2006, 11:22 AM   #16
superpursuit83
KITTY Crew Member

Quote:
cant wait to make some friends, get some money behind me as i need a bloody car!! id love to get my mits on an LPG BA or something soon
Might be able to sell him one soon

BAII Super Pursuit 0083

Awsome power by XTREME FORD TUNING 500rwkw New ALLOY Block

Awesome exhaust by THE EXHAUST CENTRE MIDLAND

Awesome Kenne Bell Supercharger setup by AGRO! and Bluepower Racing Developments

Now with full DOT approval and Permitted for road use
superpursuit83 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-01-2006, 05:06 PM   #17
Bucket
XR5 Pilot

Sounds good, please keep me posted
Old 20-01-2006, 10:32 PM   #18
XtRmn8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Bucket, if you are after a BA I got a Fairmont that I will sell if someone wants to buy it (looking at upgrading to a Turbo). Its got Ghia headlights/spotlights, lowared, chrome 18s, 25 grade tint, imaculate, low kms, FSH, etc. Its not on gas but I average 10.5-11l/100km and I spend a lot of time stuck in peak hour traffic on the freeway.
Old 21-01-2006, 07:27 PM   #19
Tiapan
XF 393 3v CHI heads

my advice is stay away from rockingham and kwinnana
Tiapan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-01-2006, 01:59 AM   #20
Bucket
XR5 Pilot

Default Accommodation?

Hey guys,

Well, im right into applying for jobs now, its been hard and yea, i cant help but feel nervous..ive applied for a lot of jobs...in my profession, all that i can find and yea..11 applications later, i hope i get some feed back..i was also wondering, does anyone know of someone wanting to share accomodation or somewhere to rent? Ive got a Max budget of $200 p.w...if not, I'd really appreciate it if some of you could put your feelers out :
Ive been at the backpackers 2 weeks now lol :
Old 26-01-2006, 02:26 AM   #21
Hitman
Way over here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiapan
my advice is stay away from rockingham and kwinnana
Care to explain why he should stay away from Rockingham and Kwinana?
Hitman is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-01-2006, 02:31 AM   #22
Redrum
Force Fed Fords

Bucket, read thread with interest, hope it all works out. I went to Perth in 83, loved it, so clean.
Old 26-01-2006, 04:04 AM   #23
honer
Back to N/A land

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitman
Care to explain why he should stay away from Rockingham and Kwinana?
Cos its a hole ?
honer is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-01-2006, 12:03 PM   #24
red_october
Go on, be a monkey....

Kwinana is an industrial area, with plenty of chimneys to pollute the air. Rockingham is further south, tho I won't classify it as a 'hole', it's not in the same class as Mandurah. Property prices are skyrocketing there though...

BTW, Bucket, welcome to Perth. If you're looking for a gov't type job, have a look here - http://www.lgnet.com.au/

All the best to you....
red_october is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-02-2006, 05:20 PM   #25
Bucket
XR5 Pilot

Thanks for all the support people...ive been made quite welcome here : hehehe its been great..many thanks to wazza and the E-Series crew for letting me tag allong on their last cruise, ive made some friends from it!...now as for a Job- heres the update..of the 11 job applications submitted ive had 3 interviews so far...i found out if ive got a job with one of the companies monday or a little later, the others sometime this week. Now for accomodation, ive checked out a place in Churchlands today, it looks sweet..a bus stops right outside too, that will be necessary as ill be working in the CBD most likely...though if anyone hears of someone looking a bloke :Reverend: to share with or something of the like, please drop me a msg. Ill be on the market for a car in 3 months at the earliest.
Old 07-02-2006, 10:55 PM   #26
WizBang
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Hey great to hear you are starting to find your feet and Churchlands is a nice place to live near the city as you a sill not far from the beach and stuff ,gives a call (if you still go my #) when you want a car
WizBang is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post