Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 07-01-2022, 01:58 PM   #1
asagaai
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Dumb and Dumber things you have done this New Years

Ok I will start.

So I have this house which I moved into 3 years ago which was essentially a knock down job, and as I have earned money have been doing it up in stages. Pretty sick of it by now- sorta resenting the place.

My wife was nagging me about a crappy rock wall out front that was breaking apart and 3 sections totally blown out.

Anyway, I decide I will do it over this break to get out of house. Use my Fiesta to load mortar, plasticine, and keep the mortar in the Fiesta boot in 20 kg bags and I take out the 20 kg bags as I am doing the mortaring in of rocks in stages and mix up 20 kgs to use from barrow.

Anyway this morning a bit sore and stiff, crap on the ground everywhere, and just mixed up a 20 kg mortar batch, and had trouble with mortar slopping off rocks, hitting my head on damned hedge, and there was this large rock in the way.

I am now angry muttering about this knock down house and all the work I have had to do, and pick the rock up with 2 hands and throw it 3 feet away from me in anger, and it bounces twice, and in horror I watch as it rolls down the pavement towards my Fiesta.

Like that slow motion thing you know you do not have time to stop it, and I watch it bounce down towards the Fiesta ST, expecting it to hit a door and gouge it and twist steel. Instead the bloody rock rolls into the front alloy wheel, causing some scratches to outer rim and inside paint.

My dumb and dumber moment- should have got Rockwiz in to do the bloody rock retaining wall.....

Ford Fiesta ST Mk 8 -daily- closest thing to a go kart on road for under 50K

FG X XR8 smoke manual - Miami hand built masterpiece by David Winter, BMC Filter, JLT Oil separators, Street Fighter Intercooler Stage 2, crushed ball, running 15% E85 and 85% 98- weekender

Last edited by asagaai; 07-01-2022 at 02:03 PM.
asagaai is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
8 users like this post:
Old 07-01-2022, 03:30 PM   #2
xkxlxm
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Dumb and Dumber things you have done this New Years

That would have pee'd you off big time, although a wheel might be more easily fixed by replacing it (if necessary) than bodywork (?). I have done plenty of stupid stuff but at the moment I am not coming up with anything I've done this year ...
xkxlxm is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
4 users like this post:
Old 07-01-2022, 10:31 PM   #3
Big_Daz
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Whilst not in this new years, maybe my brain fade might make you not feel so bad... when I was unlicensed for 6 months my VF2 SSV Redline was stored in dads shed and I had a dent that someone put into it in a shopping center carpark (no note left, yeah, I was NOT a happy chappy) in my drivers rear qtr fixed and then put back in the shed.

Cue 2 days later, I was over there and grabbed it out of the shed to start up and drive around his property go get up to temp/etc. Once i was done, I gave it a full detail... Was reversing back into the shed, something I had done plenty of times, in different vehicles.. was too far over to one side and ended up scraping the handle of his hoist down the side... Guess where? Drivers rear quarter.. oh and this time broke the tail light at the same time for good measure... Not only did I have to pay the same bloke to fix the same panel, I had to grab a new tail light..

Haven't sworn that much in 10 seconds in a while...

Hers: 2020 (MY21) Kia Sorento GT-Line in Mineral Blue
Hers on Order: MY24 Ford Everest Platinum in Equinox Bronze
His Weekender: 2017 Commodore SSV Redline manual in Light My Fire Orange
His Daily: 2023 Hyundai Tuscon Elite N-Line in Crimson Red
Big_Daz is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 07-01-2022, 10:35 PM   #4
tasdex

Stayed sober ,,
tasdex is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 07-01-2022, 10:55 PM   #5
mad2
Regular...with metamusal
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by xkxlxm View Post
That would have pee'd you off big time, although a wheel might be more easily fixed by replacing it (if necessary) than bodywork (?). I have done plenty of stupid stuff but at the moment I am not coming up with anything I've done this year ...

i'm trying not to remember mine . . . . . ........
mad2 is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-01-2022, 11:34 PM   #6
asagaai
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by mad2 View Post
i'm trying not to remember mine . . . . . ........

tell us and we will tell you whether it is worth forgetting.....

Ford Fiesta ST Mk 8 -daily- closest thing to a go kart on road for under 50K

FG X XR8 smoke manual - Miami hand built masterpiece by David Winter, BMC Filter, JLT Oil separators, Street Fighter Intercooler Stage 2, crushed ball, running 15% E85 and 85% 98- weekender
asagaai is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-01-2022, 11:19 AM   #7
slowsnake
Banned

Mixing degreaser in my 2 litre pressure bottle, then spayed all the neighbours weeds?.....lol, they are still there and very clean!..
That was New Years Eve so cheating a little, when i was with my little lady over 30 years ago now, I got up to go to work with a slight overhang, sprayed my armpits with her hairspray, that was a different experience!......
slowsnake is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 17-01-2022, 08:34 PM   #8
mondeomatureguy

Hi Guy's
Our house has a tin roof, Metal Roof what ever you want to call it.
The house it self has been done up inside but old owner's have left the old roof on the house.

When to roofing nails pop up, i go up on the roof and take them out and replace them with Roofing Screw's which don't rust. I thnk ive replaced about sixty so far.

When ive gone up on the roof ive alway's wore non slip boot's but for some reason i didnt think i would be up there for long so i wore what i had on pair of sand shoes.

I climbed up the ladder had a bucket with pliers, roof screws, and a electric screw driver.
I had already put six screw's in and on the seventh i slipped. The bucket when flying and lucky for me i slipped down on to the new extension of our house which the roof is flat.

After climbing down the ladder and changing my underwear that will be the last time i will wear sand shoes on that roof.
mondeomatureguy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
4 users like this post:
Old 18-01-2022, 08:34 AM   #9
roKWiz
Cabover nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by asagaai View Post

Ok I will start.

My dumb and dumber moment- should have got Rockwiz in to do the bloody rock retaining wall.....
Nothing so far for me but the year is still young.

Good for you having a go.

roKWiz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-01-2022, 09:24 AM   #10
PG2
#neuteredlyfe
Donating Member2

A bit of a long story...

About 3 months ago, I lost my 14mm socket. When I went to buy another one it was not that much dearer to buy another small set and keep them as spares as sure as death itself I would lose others as time went on.

Anyway...

Wouldn't you know it, I went to grab my 14mm socket out of the tool chest the other day and it was missing!!! I blamed the wife, rang the son and even scoured the gravel driveway like I was on CSI looking for clues.

'Upset' that it was missing, I had to put together a chair on the front veranda this morning so I took the 'spare' set of sockets out of the garage so I wouldn't lose any more of my 'good set'.

I'm sure some of you have already guessed, when I opened up the spare set of sockets there was the 14mm socket, I had never replaced it in the tool chest in the first place.

No, I won't be apologising to the wife or son - they'll never know.
PG2 is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
5 users like this post:
Old 18-01-2022, 09:52 AM   #11
roKWiz
Cabover nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by PG2 View Post
A bit of a long story...

About 3 months ago, I lost my 14mm socket. When I went to buy another one it was not that much dearer to buy another small set and keep them as spares as sure as death itself I would lose others as time went on.

Anyway...

Wouldn't you know it, I went to grab my 14mm socket out of the tool chest the other day and it was missing!!! I blamed the wife, rang the son and even scoured the gravel driveway like I was on CSI looking for clues.

'Upset' that it was missing, I had to put together a chair on the front veranda this morning so I took the 'spare' set of sockets out of the garage so I wouldn't lose any more of my 'good set'.

I'm sure some of you have already guessed, when I opened up the spare set of sockets there was the 14mm socket, I had never replaced it in the tool chest in the first place.

No, I won't be apologising to the wife or son - they'll never know.
Can you check your tool box to see if you have any of my 13mm ring spanners I keep loosing.

roKWiz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 19-01-2022, 11:19 AM   #12
xkxlxm
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Yesterday: I went somewhere by bicycle - train - bicycle. On the way back on the first leg, the bicycle ride: biggish, slightly complicated intersection, red light. Not pig-headedly meaning to ignore the red light but that' s what I did by getting off the bike, walking a bit across another road, then back on the bike ... and I'm crossing a road and there's a car coming on my left. If he had been 20 or 30 metres closer to me ... I didn't look to my left. I got to the train station and a train was there for me a moment later but the next train would have been there not long after.

I need to be a lot more careful.
Old 19-01-2022, 11:28 AM   #13
xkxlxm
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Another dumb and dumber thing: a couple of months ago I had picked up a bean bag that was threatening to disintegrate. Finally took it to a 'transfer station' the other day. They put it in a skip. Later, I thought, the skip will get more rubbish into it, it will be transported to a tip somewhere and there's a fair chance that the bean bag will burst somewhere along the line and there will be thousands of polystyrene beads blowing all over the place - which is what I wanted to avoid in the first place. It was a large bean bag.

Next time: I will find an actual tip that will take the bag but first I will build a wooden crate to enclose it and I will make sure that the tip guys will place it in an area that will soon be covered over.