Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 20-12-2013, 02:20 PM   #1
superyob
Banned

Default Tree lopping

I wanted 3 tall gum trees at the front of my house removed before the onset of a more than probable violent storm season. The tree loppers turned up yesterday and me and my boy watched in absolute fascination as they brought these trees down. The stumps were then ground down below ground level and they cleaned everything up.

Everything was done to perfection and I was more than happy with the job and the price. So if you need some trees removed and you are in the Brisbane or surrounding areas, call Dave from South East Tree Care and you'll get a great job done.

Mods, if this sort of referral is not allowed here, please delete...

superyob is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 20-12-2013, 02:46 PM   #2
gregaust
Donating Member
Donating Member1

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Greg always goes out of his way to provide assistance and support to members of AFF. Greg freely shares his knowledge with people who ask for help and often assists them with obtaining parts and repairs.  A great member of the AFF community. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always happy to offer assistance from his own experiences and often posts up photos when someone is having issues finding/locating something they are trying to repair or replace. 
Default Tree lopping

Yep I had some trees done a few times. Always amazing to watch in action they make it look easy and do it all in a fraction of the time that you take yourself.
Northside Tree Services. Thumbs up
gregaust is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-12-2013, 03:10 PM   #3
ebxr8240
Performance moderator

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always willing to help out with technical advice. 
Default Re: Tree lopping

Cutting them away from live 415v power mains is quite an expertise too..
Dart 330ci block turbo black pearl EBXR8 482 rwkw..
Daily driver GTE FG..
Projects http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=107711
http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthr...8+turbo&page=4
ebxr8240 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 20-12-2013, 05:43 PM   #4
LG17
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

We just pushed a couple over with a bobcat - I'll chop them up later for firewood
LG17 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-12-2013, 05:46 PM   #5
Mickxr8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Kings tree care if your in Bunbury , Awesome to watch ( kinda biased here, missus`s sons run the business lol ), even got there cherry picker out to get an old ladys cat out of a tree haha, amazing to watch them up the big karri trees pruning, chainsaw hanging of the belt climbing round like monkeys
Old 20-12-2013, 07:50 PM   #6
MercurySilver
Isn't it obvious?
Donating Member1

We dropped a couple ourselves , big gums but had plenty of room to do it.
Got charged a couple of hundred to grind the stumps tho.
MercurySilver is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-12-2013, 12:52 AM   #7
BENT_8
BLUE OVAL INC.

Back in the 90's my Brother and I operated a couple of Jims Mowing franchises near Campbelltown NSW. One of the contractors from a neighbouring territory was an ex NSW Forestry's worker who was an expert tree feller.
We got him around to help us with an insurance job involving a huge gum that had dropped a limb on a car and house during a storm.
He takes a look at the tree, paces out whatever it was he guestimated its height at and placed an old rake at the spot he said the very top would land.
All this happened in a residential street in St Andrews, the tree would have been 100+ feet tall and he laid it down exactly where he said it would be.
It was amazing to watch and is very much an art.
Three men tried to link hands around the base of this tree and couldn't get close, it was ridiculous to even contemplate knocking this thing over where it was situated, but he didn't blink an eye.
BENT_8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-12-2013, 01:09 PM   #8
Spurious

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickxr8 View Post
Kings tree care if your in Bunbury , Awesome to watch ( kinda biased here, missus`s sons run the business lol ), even got there cherry picker out to get an old ladys cat out of a tree haha, amazing to watch them up the big karri trees pruning, chainsaw hanging of the belt climbing round like monkeys
Stay clear of GMC, I know for a fact the owner/climber is an alco. Hate to offer the truth but It is. I worked for that guy back in '09. he shows up at 11am while we sit around waiting for him & by the time he gets home...he's hosed! Don't try calling him after 5pm, he's wife answers the phone LOL. I often witnessed him walking in in the morning with a waddle & glazed eyes. The ground crew are mostly untrained too. I sat & watched a wood chipper safety DVD before I started work & that was it.
I quite when I found out that the then secretary wasn't paying our super. Tax dept' got involved so I said see ya' later.
Spurious is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-12-2013, 01:15 PM   #9
Spurious

Mods delete my "slanderous" post if you deem it necessary.
I post these items occasionally only when it is indeed fact.
I worked for that particular tree service for 3 months , that's all I could tolerate.
Technically Glen wanted to fire me but I agreed to walk after refusing to put up with abuse from other ground crew employees & a really slack work environment.
Old 21-12-2013, 04:36 PM   #10
Mickxr8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlivverFord View Post
Stay clear of GMC, I know for a fact the owner/climber is an alco. Hate to offer the truth but It is. I worked for that guy back in '09. he shows up at 11am while we sit around waiting for him & by the time he gets home...he's hosed! Don't try calling him after 5pm, he's wife answers the phone LOL. I often witnessed him walking in in the morning with a waddle & glazed eyes. The ground crew are mostly untrained too. I sat & watched a wood chipper safety DVD before I started work & that was it.
I quite when I found out that the then secretary wasn't paying our super. Tax dept' got involved so I said see ya' later.
Glens story is well known around here. Tobie used to work for him untill he realised what a **** he is . Then started Kings tree care which has nothing to do with him at all...
Old 22-12-2013, 11:21 AM   #11
mik
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

We have 3 trees in the backyard that need to disappear. .................. womans logic to plant 3 trees over a known sewer pipe, I just have no words.
mik is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-12-2013, 01:23 PM   #12
Spurious

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickxr8 View Post
Glens story is well known around here. Tobie used to work for him untill he realised what a **** he is . Then started Kings tree care which has nothing to do with him at all...
I thank you Mick for reinforcing my post. Glen goes through employees like he goes through beer!

I ran my own small operation in Buno' in '07, 08' & '09 "Citrus mowing service". When work ran slow I took a job with GMC. Good money but crap hours & staff!

After I quit I went to see one of HIS clients just to "step on his meat" in a way. This client had waited 3 months for Glen to halve & reshape this pine tree so after getting Glens quote from the guy I dropped my quote by $100 & said I can do it tomorrow.
The client stupidly rang Glen who must have threatened him with a cancellation fee as the client refused my quote & went with GMC.
Then ironically Glen was silly enough to offer me some smaller jobs around town that weren't worth his time. He offered me 1 job & I caught him at a lie.

The job he offered me (as a sub contractor) was a 4 metre pine tree in Australind, the one I'd tried to steal from him, quoted & lost!!!.
The GMC quote was $400, Glen offered me $100. He wanted to make $300 for doing sweet FA. Not on my watch.
Old 22-12-2013, 01:55 PM   #13
Spurious

Also I meant to say if you need chainsaw bits Or hedge trimmer items check out Mowers Plus on King st. John was a great guy to deal with there. Tell him Dirk sent you (AKA Citrus mowing).