Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 13-08-2013, 09:41 PM   #421
pauljh74
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Geez! I hate that!

Quote:
Originally Posted by creative View Post
Drivers slowing down below the speed limit to pass a stationary police car..... with no one in it. You are allowed to go past it at the speed limit you know you stupid idiots!

Glad to see the GovCo's speeding propaganda has worked!
Or when people approaching a speed camera car at or under the speed limit feel the need to brake so they're now doing 20 under.... just so they don't risk getting booked.
Not bad for a #2 driver
Mark Webber after winning the 2010 British Grand Prix.
pauljh74 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-08-2013, 10:07 PM   #422
creative
I am Batman

Quote:
Originally Posted by pauljh74 View Post
Or when people approaching a speed camera car at or under the speed limit feel the need to brake so they're now doing 20 under.... just so they don't risk getting booked.

that was going to be my next one... but I didnt want to be to whiney in one post!
Rebuilt Boss260 with #Kellogs 1500hp forged and balanced crank#Manley forged flattop pistons with a 9.5/1cr#4340 forged h-beam rods with arp bolts#Clevit performance rod and main bearings#full ARP headstud kit#total seal rings#Mantic twin plate development clutch and lightened flywheel#Mellings uprated oil pump#Mainforce Performance Supercharger kit#AU motorsport 345mm big brake kit.

Now producing 369.7rwkw/496rwhp@6000 and 515ft/lb torque @ 11 psi.
Now sat on an engine stand going nowhere
creative is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 14-08-2013, 10:48 AM   #423
TheSneakiness
Adapt or perish...

I hate working public holidays when everyone is off except me.
Old 14-08-2013, 11:02 AM   #424
NickyN
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Ok I feel a need.................a need to add to this thread.

Drivers who, when at a red light, leave SOOOOO MUCH SPACE between their car and the car in front of them that 2 or 3 big cars can parallel park. Seriously? How long do they think their car is?

And one more thing........people who talk like this? Where everything they say becomes a question? Even though it's at a conference? Where they're the expert? It sounds like they're not sure of what they're saying? So they're asking us? Ok, nuff said.
NickyN is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-08-2013, 12:37 PM   #425
MercurySilver
Isn't it obvious?
Donating Member1

when you go to maccas drive thru and get to the pay window to pay with your card via savings account (pin required) and the stupid women just takes your card and pay waves it with out even talking to you and then asks if you want a receipt.
yeah, i do and next time i want you to ask me how i would like to pay and not just make it easy for your fat ***
useless
MercurySilver is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-08-2013, 05:19 PM   #426
ford71V8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

^Careful, you are the one using a Macca's drive-thru and a card
ford71V8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-08-2013, 07:50 PM   #427
MercurySilver
Isn't it obvious?
Donating Member1

Yeah thought about that.
Will b checking the bank statement tonigt to see what came out
Old 14-08-2013, 08:23 PM   #428
staity

Getting Council Rates $500, Gas Bill $450, Electricity Bill $450 and to top it off a $100 phone bill all in one week. All due by the end of the month. Geez space them out a bit would ya? I'm not rolling in money...

2013 Ford Kuga Titanium Gunmetal Grey
staity is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-08-2013, 10:10 PM   #429
creative
I am Batman

f $*&ing people that cant drive! I was 30cm from piling through a red p platers driver door on a roundabout when the stupid bint decided to pull accross in front of me!

I actually had that awful thought I wasnt going to stop in time. if my reactions were a couple of seconds slower she would of been in hospital. I hope it scared her as much as it did me!
Rebuilt Boss260 with #Kellogs 1500hp forged and balanced crank#Manley forged flattop pistons with a 9.5/1cr#4340 forged h-beam rods with arp bolts#Clevit performance rod and main bearings#full ARP headstud kit#total seal rings#Mantic twin plate development clutch and lightened flywheel#Mellings uprated oil pump#Mainforce Performance Supercharger kit#AU motorsport 345mm big brake kit.

Now producing 369.7rwkw/496rwhp@6000 and 515ft/lb torque @ 11 psi.
Now sat on an engine stand going nowhere
creative is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-08-2013, 10:14 PM   #430
Geez Louise
Awesome

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: All the behind the scenes things that help the community. 

When you go to log onto your internet bank account and you don't realise you have caplock on and you type in your password wrong 3 times and it locks you out until you call the bank.....GRRRRRRR. Not happy Jan!!
Old 17-08-2013, 11:08 AM   #431
NickyN
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Why is it once I get a paper cut on the tip of my finger, I keep on banging it?

owowowOWOWOWowie ouchie!!
Old 17-08-2013, 02:22 PM   #432
H.G
Driver Returns On Foot

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickyN View Post
And one more thing........people who talk like this? Where everything they say becomes a question? Even though it's at a conference? Where they're the expert? It sounds like they're not sure of what they're saying? So they're asking us? Ok, nuff said.
I work with a guy like this.. everything starts as a question.. then when you go to give your answer, if it doesn't seem to fit how he thinks it should.. he talks over the top of you and tells you the answer he was asking for.

or when your offering advice or showing him how things need to be done and as your talking all you hear is YEP YEP YEP... then 5 minutes later he is asking you questions on how to do things......

and for some reason he never has a pen or marker,knife or anything required to do the job.. yet we both started the same day.. we both received the same work kits and keys etc....
WTF... we are all big kids now.. a little preparation wouldn't hurt.
H.G is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 19-08-2013, 01:05 PM   #433
NickyN
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

This woman started with a question to let attendees know that's what she'll cover in her presentation. But instead of making statements and having her voice end in a period, she "uptalked" and said her statement in a question form. Everything she said sounded like a question but the content of what she said was a statement.
Old 19-08-2013, 03:45 PM   #434
MercurySilver
Isn't it obvious?
Donating Member1

council rates going up by $80 a qtr
thanks nick champion
we needed a bike lane from tanunda to gawler worth 5.4 million

seriously it has not stopped cyclists from riding on the road
too many bends and curves in it apparently
Old 20-08-2013, 01:32 PM   #435
Lotte
YE-US! Wait. I don't know

Cyclists! OMG.
Their rights to behave as pedestrians ended when they got rights to join the real vehicles on the road.

No you don't get to swerve round me and use the pedestrian crossing. No you don't get to ride on the footpath. And yes you DO have to give way to pedestrians at zebra crossings (I've nearly been taken out by, and abused by, several cyclists for that alone).

I'm just gonna head to work with a really big stick, and whack them in the back of the head with it when they mis behave. Obviously positive reinforcement isn't working on changing their behaviour.

No offence to any non-idiot cyclists out there of course.
The Weekender: '06 BF Pursuit, Toxic, lumpy af

Lotte is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 20-08-2013, 11:41 PM   #436
Spurious

Ditto on the cyclist's. Ulverstone seems to be a hot spot for their daily exercise. Where do they get off riding 2 abreast. It just makes drivers crawl along behind them as their not ballsy enough to pass. I make sure I pass them as close as I can, sometimes not even crossing the centre line. Were supposed to share the road not hog it to chat with our bike buddies! AND...black skin tight pants shouldn't be seen anywhere near a man, unless he's "one of those"! I had to laugh a few months ago, A cyclist hit a car...that's right, he hit it! He was looking at his instrumentation on the handle bars & failed to see a car parked on the side of the street.
Spurious is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-08-2013, 10:59 AM   #437
poppa smurf
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

sales outlets that think a set of Chinese electric backing plates valued at $250 are the same as Alko backing plates valued at $480.......then calling me a liar for standing up for my rights and demanding that which I paid for.

some folks should not be in business.

G'day....I'm Dave, ...everyone calls me Poppa,..05.. B.A. Fairmont mark II...

may your day's be filled with smiles, your life be filled with love, may your children know nothing but happiness and joy, cherish the memory of those who strove before us for they cleared the way, spare a thought for those who serve we owe so much to so many, life and the freedom to enjoy it is a special gift that can be taken away far too soon!
poppa smurf is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-08-2013, 12:42 PM   #438
my_gxl
Unintended Perfectionist

People and/or businesses who say they will deliver something at a certain time and date, and then don't...well anyone that makes a time and doesn't stick to it!
my_gxl is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-08-2013, 12:50 PM   #439
blueoval
Critical Thinker

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Well thought out and constructive posts.  A real credit to this forum. 

ease up on the cyclist hate....I am a cyclist and no I am not gay contrary to those who believe otherwise. I do not appreciate the insinuation that I am homosexual because I wear the lycra and ride a bike. :P

I don't want this thread being locked for this subject alone, but, I do not condone the arrogant behavior of some cyclists out there either. For those who do not know, cyclists CAN ride 2 abreast on the road here in SA as long as there are no cycling lanes on the road shoulder. But they need to do so with other road users in mind. 'Hogging' the road is a no-no for cyclists.

On the otherhand, capable driving negotiation from drivers is required to drive past cyclists while being safe. If you cannot safely negotiate a pass on cyclists, then you shouldn't be on the road. What's the difference in passing cyclists than passing a slower bus or truck? Most seem to be ok with driving behind a bus/truck doing 40kph in a 60 zone for quite a while until its safe to do so, but can't handle the thought of getting around cyclists? 'We' aren't as wide as a bus or truck and don't block your view.

2022 Mazda CX5 GTSP Turbo

2018 Hyundai Santa Fe Highlander

1967 XR FALCON 500

Cars previously owned:
2021 Subaru Outback Sport
2018 Subaru XV-S
2012 Subaru Forester X
2007 Subaru Liberty GT
2001 AU2 75th Anniversary Futura
2001 Subaru GX wagon
1991 EB XR8
1977 XC Fairmont
1990 EA S Pak
1984 XE S Pak
1982 ZJ Fairlane
1983 XE Fairmont
1989 EA Falcon
1984 Datsun Bluebird Wagon
1975 Honda Civic
blueoval is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 21-08-2013, 12:58 PM   #440
poppa smurf
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

bloody bolts that are sold and labelled as 14mm but a 14mm sidchrome spanner is too tight and will not go on........

gotta watch those cyclists, some may remember that we had one run up the backside of the wifes car that was parked, 5 abreast apparently and yakking away in a world of their own......laughed my head off, turned out to be a top bloke though.

a new friend was made on that day.

G'day....I'm Dave, ...everyone calls me Poppa,..05.. B.A. Fairmont mark II...

may your day's be filled with smiles, your life be filled with love, may your children know nothing but happiness and joy, cherish the memory of those who strove before us for they cleared the way, spare a thought for those who serve we owe so much to so many, life and the freedom to enjoy it is a special gift that can be taken away far too soon!
poppa smurf is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-08-2013, 03:39 PM   #441
sneaky
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

my 5yr old son who wanted to know what colour the car was under the black paint.. instead of taking the hard option of asking, he took the easy one involving a rock and the car door. not happy. he chose to do it the day before his 5th birthday, so no presents for him as yet :| and if he doesn't make up for it his party on saturday will be cancelled (maybe not cancelled, all his friends can go and play at my expense, just not him)
Old 21-08-2013, 10:13 PM   #442
H.G
Driver Returns On Foot

Hemorroids!!!!
H.G is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-08-2013, 10:44 PM   #443
NickyN
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by sneaky View Post
my 5yr old son who wanted to know what colour the car was under the black paint.. instead of taking the hard option of asking, he took the easy one involving a rock and the car door. not happy. he chose to do it the day before his 5th birthday, so no presents for him as yet :| and if he doesn't make up for it his party on saturday will be cancelled (maybe not cancelled, all his friends can go and play at my expense, just not him)
Ouch. I'm sure he learned real quick it's better to ask than find out himself.

Waiters and waitresses who carry the big long wooden fresh pepper grinder tucked into their armpit area, then come to my table and ask if I would like some fresh ground pepper on my salad? Umm, after seeing where you put it, no thank you. Even if I wanted some fresh ground pepper, I pass.

Eww, yuck.
Old 23-08-2013, 10:45 PM   #444
NickyN
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Driving behind a city bus and when we hit a hill and go up, something starts dripping out of the back of the bus........hoping it was just condensation from the AC.
Old 23-08-2013, 11:19 PM   #445
AJ09

Driving behind a cattle truck on the highway and forgetting to flick the a/c on to recirculate before the smell enters the cabin...
AJ09 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
5 users like this post:
Old 24-08-2013, 08:33 AM   #446
The Yeti
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by staity View Post
Getting Council Rates $500, Gas Bill $450, Electricity Bill $450 and to top it off a $100 phone bill all in one week. All due by the end of the month. Geez space them out a bit would ya? I'm not rolling in money...
I'm hearing you except my rates were 2k plus & my power bill was just shy of a grand

It's fing rediculus, we don't have curb &guttering, or street lighting, no sewer, just a Fing road and garbage service 2k is a hefty chunk of change

My car, home & life insurance are all also due

I post images with postimg.cc (so I don’t forget)
The Yeti is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-08-2013, 11:58 AM   #447
pauljh74
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickyN View Post
Ok I feel a need.................a need to add to this thread.

Drivers who, when at a red light, leave SOOOOO MUCH SPACE between their car and the car in front of them that 2 or 3 big cars can parallel park. Seriously? How long do they think their car is?
Some people feel the need to leave a gap to give them a way out should the worst happen and a car come up behind them unable to stop in time. What annoys me more is when they stop short, then 10 seconds later creep up a couple of metres, stop, move forward again, stop, then close up to the car in front. Just close up 1 metre behind to start with FFS!

In bumper to bumper traffic there's nowhere to escape to and would take an out of control Kenworth at speed to hit you when you already have a few cars stopped behind you. Closing up the gaps means the guy 4 cars back can get into the turn lane. I usually watch my mirrors in this situation and move my car to the right or left within the lane to maximise the chance of cars getting through. Some are just brain dead and do the opposite, don't look in their mirrors, effectively blocking people unnecessarily.
Not bad for a #2 driver
3 users like this post:
Old 24-08-2013, 12:43 PM   #448
my_gxl
Unintended Perfectionist

Flat tyres
my_gxl is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-08-2013, 04:32 PM   #449
Yellow_Festiva
Where to next??

G-mail......

Can anything be done online without a bloody account that 'monitors' what you do???

Had a Hotmail log in for youtube, keeps trying to go to the dodgy gmail account I had to make up to access the play store on my phone. Work also uses gmail for staff accounts and the whole bloody thing gets mixed up on my mobile because each is trying to be the dominant account.....

I'm forever having to log in / log out and change accounts.... Getting stupid now.

Now something on my phone called 'hangouts' keeps warning me that I need to sign in again... for what?? I don't even know what hangouts is... another APP that tracks me??

I've been around the world a couple of times or maybe more.......
Yellow_Festiva is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-08-2013, 04:33 AM   #450
pauljh74
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Got home tonight to find a Range Rover parked with the lights off - hidden away off the driveway in front of my garage. The driveway serves the garages for 2 of the 3 units on the block. Doing this at 1 am on a Sat night = really dodgy.
Approached the window to find a young woman in the driver's seat and a guy on the back seat. I ask them why are they in front of my garage and they say they just dropped off a friend next door.

They look like they've been out and not like they are robbing my house, so my initial fears subside. Then afterwards I processed the fogged up windows and the used tissues/paper towels discarded on my driveway and I think they were there for "privacy". They could have kept their rubbish in their car as I'll have to clean up their tissues most likely contaminated with bodily fluids tomorrow.

If I was to indulge an immediate urge with a female companion in a car, I'd probably park it on the street in a quiet industrial estate - there are a few nearby rather than trespass on somebody's home and have them worry they are being robbed!
Not bad for a #2 driver