Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Site Sponsor Forums - In Alphabetical Order > Blue Power Racing Developments

Blue Power Racing Developments The home of Blue Power. Website Link

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 23-05-2006, 09:07 PM   #1
hot460

Default Blue power Air Box and tune results.

I was totally amazed on Friday when I took my BF XR8 6speed auto to Chris for a tune. Chris dyno'd the car and 206 rwkw's was standard with just headers and cats fitted.

Chris put his generic tune in and instantly 217 rwkw's. Abit of a surprise to me.

Then he went to work on a custome tune which resulted in 226 rwkw's. How cool...... At this stage I asked him about the air box a few of the boys have that he makes. Chris (MYV8) and Wade (Lowride260) Rave about the awesome sound these things make.
So Chris put it on for me to GIVE IT A GO and see the results.

To my amazement 229 rwkw's came up on the 1st run, with Hp gains right across the range. (interesting) Then he set about tunig the car to the airbox and the final 235 rwkw's.

So the gain of 9 rwkw's though a small mod like the Bluepower Air Box is Outstanding to me.

So the custom tune and air box picked up 29 rwkws. :eclipsee_

The part I love is the ROAR that the intake now makes is totally awesome :evil_laug
I took it to the track on sat and only did 2 full passes in auto mode. Stock was 14.0 down to 13.41 turning the tyres. I am sure with decent rubber a 12second pass is very possible and on the next outing with only these modes. What a amazing gain for the cost of these modes. :

I would 100% recommened a Custom Tune and Air box from Chris at Blue Power Racing Developments!!!!!!! Definatly money well spent...

Thanks Chris, I Love the car now. :