Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Closed Thread

Old 12-10-2021, 10:48 AM   #15931
russellw
Chairman & Administrator
Donating Member3

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: Raptor: For Continued, and prolonged service to the wider Ford Community 
Default Re: Covid 19 -

NSW/VIC

NSW records 360 cases in the current period and the 10-day average growth rate decreases to 0.9282 (from 0.9499) while the actual line is now only slightly above the predictive trend line and based on the 3rd order polynomial, that trend line has a downward curve.

VIC records 1,496 cases in the current period and the 10-day average growth rate decreases to 1.0103 (from 1.0496) while the actual line is back below the predictive trend.

Week 13 in Victoria ended today with 35,648 cases to date compared to 18,245 at the same point of the 2020 outbreak and 43,306 for the NSW 2021 outbreak. Weekly case numbers see Victoria now passing NSW and I expect that those numbers will continue to grow for a while, bearing in mind that we are comparing historical data for NSW with current data for Victoria as NSW is about 3.5 weeks ahead..

Observatio Facta Rotae

Old 12-10-2021, 10:56 AM   #15932
FoxtrotGolfXray 5.0
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Willingly providing technical info and documents, despite glitches. 

For any Viccos out there that may not have noticed, there was an update to the Services Vic app yesterday which allows you to upload your Covid-19 Vaccination Certificate to it.

To do this you will need to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and have the latest version of the Service Victoria app installed on your phone. You’ll also need either:

* a myGov account(External link) linked to your Medicare online account(External link) or Individual Healthcare Identifier (IHI)(External link)
OR
* the latest version of the Express Plus Medicare app installed

Details, including instructions on how to complete the upload, are here.

Life is a journey, not a destination.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Daily: 2013 FGII EcoLPi in Winter White
Play: 2015 FG X XR8 in Emperor Show' N Shine thread

Gone, but not forgotten: 2015 SZII petrol Titanium Territory in Emperor
4 users like this post:
Old 12-10-2021, 11:14 AM   #15933
T3rminator
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoxtrotGolfXray 5.0 View Post
For any Viccos out there that may not have noticed, there was an update to the Services Vic app yesterday which allows you to upload your Covid-19 Vaccination Certificate to it.

To do this you will need to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and have the latest version of the Service Victoria app installed on your phone. You’ll also need either:

* a myGov account(External link) linked to your Medicare online account(External link) or Individual Healthcare Identifier (IHI)(External link)
OR
* the latest version of the Express Plus Medicare app installed

Details, including instructions on how to complete the upload, are here.
Checked yesterday after hearing about it on the radio, feature wasn't there yet. Checked just now, and it has updated. Now stuck on the medicare link in My Gov.......takes 5 mins to load......then gives me blank screen.

Any businesses in your area doing the trial?

Rides (past and present)
Current: 2004 Ford Falcon 5.4L 3v Barra 220, Manual
Past: Mitsubishi Sigma (m), Toyota Seca (m), Toyota Seca SX (m), Toyota Vienta V6 (m), Toyota Soarer 4L v8 (a), BA XR8 ute (m), T3 TE50 (m), BMW Z4 (m)

AFF motto - If contrary views trigger, please use ignore button.
This user likes this post:
Old 12-10-2021, 11:17 AM   #15934
FoxtrotGolfXray 5.0
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Willingly providing technical info and documents, despite glitches. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by T3rminator View Post
Checked yesterday after hearing about it on the radio, feature wasn't there yet. Checked just now, and it has updated. Now stuck on the medicare link in My Gov.......takes 5 mins to load......then gives me blank screen.
That's a bugger. I had no problems with it yesterday. Went to check in at the butchers and it prompted me to upload my certificate. So I stood outside the butchers and uploaded it there and then. Took no more than 5 minutes to complete the whole lot. And I went in through MyGov, too.

Just saw your edited question. No, none in town that I know of. East Gippsland was chosen as a trial LGA as opposed to Wellington, where I am. I think the cinema in Lakes Entrance was participating int he trial, but that's a fair way to go for a movie.

E: Here's a list of the participating businesses:

Trial participants:
Bass Coast — North Pier Hotel in Cowes, Churchill Island Cafe
Buloke — Terminus Hotel in Wycheproof
East Gippsland — East Gippsland Art Gallery in Bairnsdale, Lakes Squash and Movie Theatre in Lakes Entrance
Greater Bendigo — Anglican Church of Australia in Flora Hill, Bendigo Art Gallery, Village Cinemas in Bendigo, Body Fit Training in Bendigo
Pyrenees — Avoca Hotel
Warrnambool — Darlings of Beauty, Roberts One Real Estate, Warrnambool Racing Club race meeting, Warrnambool Art Gallery

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Last edited by FoxtrotGolfXray 5.0; 12-10-2021 at 11:23 AM.
2 users like this post:
Old 12-10-2021, 12:03 PM   #15935
FoxtrotGolfXray 5.0
Donating Member
Donating Member3

I know it's early to get too excited, but, with today's lower case numbers again in Vic, have we seen the peak of cases during this outbreak? I certainly hope that is the case.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

2 users like this post:
Old 12-10-2021, 01:24 PM   #15936
russellw
Chairman & Administrator
Donating Member3

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: Raptor: For Continued, and prolonged service to the wider Ford Community 

Data valid as at 00:00 GMT October 11th 2021.

Note: As not all Australian States report at the same time, the data below is based on the previous full day reporting.

2,097 new cases for Australia and 16 deaths so the CMR is 1.118%.

35 new cases and no deaths for NZ so CMR is 0.601%.

The UK had 34,963 cases yesterday and 28 deaths for a CMR of 1.681%.

61,919 new cases in the USA yesterday and 1,007 deaths sees CMR at 1.623%.

Other notable points:

No countries
... recorded new highs; those in blue for the second consecutive day and those in red for a third or more consecutive day.

No countries move above the 90th percentile for the 10 day period while none drop below.

Observatio Facta Rotae

Old 12-10-2021, 01:32 PM   #15937
slowsnake
Banned

Quote:

Any businesses in your area doing the trial?
Hey T3, welcome to my world, I have sat at a computer in the local Centrelink office and couldn't get past the blue screen with a continuous spinning circle dead centre!...that's their gear, I went there because of what happened to you, but my neighbour got on immediately?...

Me Telstra, her Vodafone, had to get behind the counter to log in!
In saying that it must of been very busy!
Old 12-10-2021, 01:49 PM   #15938
T3rminator
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by slowsnake View Post
Hey T3, welcome to my world, I have sat at a computer in the local Centrelink office and couldn't get past the blue screen with a continuous spinning circle dead centre!...that's their gear, I went there because of what happened to you, but my neighbour got on immediately?...

Me Telstra, her Vodafone, had to get behind the counter to log in!

In saying that it must of been very busy!
All good. Tried again and got it done in 2 minutes. FFA members must have read Foxy's note and inundated the server this morning

Rides (past and present)
Past: Mitsubishi Sigma (m), Toyota Seca (m), Toyota Seca SX (m), Toyota Vienta V6 (m), Toyota Soarer 4L v8 (a), BA XR8 ute (m), T3 TE50 (m), BMW Z4 (m)

3 users like this post:
Old 12-10-2021, 02:26 PM   #15939
FoxtrotGolfXray 5.0
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Great effort from the community of Wilcannia!

Quote:
There are now ZERO active covid cases in Wilcannia.

And it's been 14 days since a new case there.

152 people, or about 20 per cent of the population, has had and recovered from the virus.

Incredible result. Here's hoping it sticks.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

2 users like this post:
Old 12-10-2021, 02:59 PM   #15940
naddis01
\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoxtrotGolfXray 5.0 View Post
Great effort from the community of Wilcannia!
Yes good effort from Wilcannia after about 1/4 of the population were infected. There will be be a few cheap motorhomes that were used for isolating coming up for sale soon I'd say. Although not all of them survived the process.

The numbers are trending the same way here in Broken Hill as well with no new cases now for 4 or 5 days. Here's hoping that continues.
3 users like this post:
Old 12-10-2021, 03:01 PM   #15941
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: Your outstanding contributions to this community have not gone unnoticed. IN my view you are a worthy recipient of the (rarely used) Chairman's Award. 

I wondered about the motorgnomes. Did they get the public housing treatment?

Most importantly, has Covid vaccination coverage been progressed in the area? Some of the commentary on this felt like spin.
2 users like this post:
Old 12-10-2021, 04:27 PM   #15942
naddis01
\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Citroënbender View Post
I wondered about the motorgnomes. Did they get the public housing treatment?

Most importantly, has Covid vaccination coverage been progressed in the area? Some of the commentary on this felt like spin.
Broken Hill is apparently sitting at about 85% vaccinated so just behind the state average. Once the outbreak occurred people started going to get vaccinated but conveniently that's around the same time that the vaccines were suddenly available here. I had my name on the waiting list for months and couldn't get an appointment as there was no vaccine available. Then all of a sudden out of the blue when there was a little publicity in the media about the outbreak in Wilcannia there were suddenly appointments available. Funny that. It didn't help that 40000 shots that were meant to come here at the start of August were redirected to Sydney just before the outbreak here occurred.
2 users like this post:
Old 12-10-2021, 04:27 PM   #15943
hayseed

Quote:
Originally Posted by naddis01 View Post
Yes good effort from Wilcannia after about 1/4 of the population were infected. There will be be a few cheap motorhomes that were used for isolating coming up for sale soon I'd say. Although not all of them survived the process.

The numbers are trending the same way here in Broken Hill as well with no new cases now for 4 or 5 days. Here's hoping that continues.
Do Tell...
Old 12-10-2021, 05:59 PM   #15944
naddis01
\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/

Quote:
Originally Posted by hayseed View Post
Do Tell...
I can't find the article now but one had a mishap with fire.

There were plenty of rumours going around town about others being damaged as well as a couple that were 'borrowed' and found hundreds of kilometres away. There was also one about donated meals being turned away because they weren't good enough.
5 users like this post:
Old 12-10-2021, 06:14 PM   #15945
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: Your outstanding contributions to this community have not gone unnoticed. IN my view you are a worthy recipient of the (rarely used) Chairman's Award. 

NSW is on course to make 80%x2 before next Monday. By last midnight we are at 90,8 and 75,2% first and second tallies respectively. The first doses seem to track at 0,3-0,4% weekdays and second doses around 1,2% ditto.

Given that’s a whole seven days earlier than is being implied - will the NSW Government honour it’s road map?
Old 12-10-2021, 06:48 PM   #15946
MITCHAY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I had my second jab yesterday and no side effects other than obligatory sore arm though not as bad as the first.

ACT lockdown end confirmed on Friday though not sure when we can go back to work yet. No more daily pressers and they are changing the tracing and quarantine rules.

Hopefully the ACT and NSW governments can sort out the border situation soon to open up.
2 users like this post:
Old 12-10-2021, 08:52 PM   #15947
FTE217
T3/Sprint8
Donating Member2

Quote:
NSW is on course to make 80%x2 before next Monday. By last midnight we are at 90,8 and 75,2% first and second tallies respectively. The first doses seem to track at 0,3-0,4% weekdays and second doses around 1,2% ditto.

Given that’s a whole seven days earlier than is being implied - will the NSW Government honour it’s road map?

Traffic picking up today - I’m gonna miss the lockdown ease on the roads.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"Don't believe everything you read on the internet. Abraham Lincoln"
5 users like this post:
Old 12-10-2021, 09:02 PM   #15948
Burnout
Falcon RTV - FG G6ET
Donating Member3

Wrong thread

RTV Power
FG G6ET 50th Anniversary in Sensation.
While the basic Ford Six was code named Barra, the Turbo version clearly deserved its very own moniker – again enter Gordon Barfield.
We asked him if the engine had actually been called “Seagull” and how that came about.
“Actually it was just call “Gull”, because I named it that. Because we knew it was going to poo on everything”.
Old 12-10-2021, 10:00 PM   #15949
Yellow_Festiva
Where to next??

Quote:

Rates slowed right down after Gladys announced that everything will be open first December no matter vaccination status.

I would have moved it to the end of Jan next year but that may not sit well with many.

I hear that quite a few will not bother with the second dose either.

While ACT is at near 96% first dose and just behind us for second doses we have been hovering at late 80's for several days now and just ticked into the 90's for first doses.

I really think we will struggle to hit 93% of those over 16.

Those 12 to 16 are apparently at 60% vaccination, and pretty soon they will be doing 5-12 year olds.

Globally there are only a hand full of countries that have gone over 80% fully vaccinated.

UAE @ 84%, Portugal @ 86%, Malta @ 82%, Iceland @ 81%.

Those figures may be a few days old. The site also says it's for 'total' population.

Spain is at just under 80% - or 37 million. I did some rough calculations compared to total population and it seems the percentages are for everyone, not just adults.

In terms of total population I think we have just passed 50% a few days ago.

Pleasingly, the news is getting better every day. Numbers are on the decline and more countries are opening up to allow visitors in and with fewer restrictions.

Hopefully that trend continues.

I've been around the world a couple of times or maybe more.......
Old 12-10-2021, 10:04 PM   #15950
T3rminator
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Seems I missed the memo we are out of lock down. St Kilda foreshore this evening....wowee.....quite a congregation, music, dancing, fireworks, and one shop serving what looked like cocktails. Everyone all well behaved though.

Interesting since the place is littered with CCTV, yet not one cop to be seen. Plenty patrolling the roads though.

Rides (past and present)

Old 12-10-2021, 11:14 PM   #15951
Itsme
Experienced Member

Quote:
Seems I missed the memo we are out of lock down. St Kilda foreshore this evening....wowee.....quite a congregation, music, dancing, fireworks, and one shop serving what looked like cocktails. Everyone all well behaved though.

Interesting since the place is littered with CCTV, yet not one cop to be seen. Plenty patrolling the roads though.
Obviously no one is holding up signs and protesting so it must be ok.
Old 12-10-2021, 11:58 PM   #15952
T3rminator
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Itsme View Post
Obviously no one is holding up signs and protesting so it must be ok.
Another interesting thing I noticed was that, at 8:50pm, the freeway still had a lot of cars. City inbound had lots of traffic. I made it home with 3 mins to spare, lost track of time due to the extra day light. If this is the norm, it leads me to think that there has been very little random checks done after 9. Those in charge just presume you are an essential worker. You might only get done if you got pulled over for another matter.

All in all, I'm no longer surprised with the numbers we are seeing.

Rides (past and present)

2 users like this post:
Old 13-10-2021, 01:25 AM   #15953
FTE217
T3/Sprint8
Donating Member2

Quote:

I don't think he can afford a rebillion at this stage though lets wait and see when/if infections rise quickly in the coming weeks.
I expect he sticks to the plan.
On a positive note lets point out from where we were around 1800 odd infections down to 496 yesterday.
"Don't believe everything you read on the internet. Abraham Lincoln"
2 users like this post:
Old 13-10-2021, 06:49 AM   #15954
Trevor 57
is now there

Geez contact tracers here in Victoria must be under the pump, poor buggers

My daughter was contacted last Friday and told that she (and my grand-daughter) had visited a Tier 1 site on the 30th of September and that they should isolate for 14 days, it was right on when 'they' decided that Tier 2 people didn't need to isolate, so my son-in-law and 2 other kids didn't need to isolate even though they were in the same house. The call came through 8 days after they visited the site!!!!

She could finally get tested on Saturday, she got the results back for the kids Sunday arvo - all clear, my SIL got his results Monday at 4.00 am and my daughter got her results Monday night at midnight, both all clear

For some reason she didn't feel the Tier 1 thing was right so she spent 4 hours 52 minutes on the phone yesterday only to be told 'oh yeah sorry about that it wasn't a Tier 1 site you visited'. My daughter and grand-daughter spent the weekend and Monday and Tuesday in ISO for no reason
Old 13-10-2021, 10:54 AM   #15955
FoxtrotGolfXray 5.0
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trevor 57 View Post
Geez contact tracers here in Victoria must be under the pump, poor buggers

My daughter was contacted last Friday and told that she (and my grand-daughter) had visited a Tier 1 site on the 30th of September and that they should isolate for 14 days, it was right on when 'they' decided that Tier 2 people didn't need to isolate, so my son-in-law and 2 other kids didn't need to isolate even though they were in the same house. The call came through 8 days after they visited the site!!!!

She could finally get tested on Saturday, she got the results back for the kids Sunday arvo - all clear, my SIL got his results Monday at 4.00 am and my daughter got her results Monday night at midnight, both all clear

For some reason she didn't feel the Tier 1 thing was right so she spent 4 hours 52 minutes on the phone yesterday only to be told 'oh yeah sorry about that it wasn't a Tier 1 site you visited'. My daughter and grand-daughter spent the weekend and Monday and Tuesday in ISO for no reason
A few points, Trev:
  • With the number of cases Vic is experiencing at the moment, I have no doubt that the contract tracers are flat out. I know your post wasn't suggesting otherwise, but I think a call out to the incredible work the contract tracers are doing under incredible pressure is warranted. Keep up the great work, team!
  • The 8 day delay is not necessarily the fault of the contact tracers: the exposed person needs time to show symptoms, then get tested, the test results processed, DHHS notified, that needs to be passed across to the contact tracers who then do their work. It's understandable that process could take some time
  • Not all exposure sites are listed on the DHHS site. As I have posted previously, DHHS have stated that they publish those that are considered a higher risk to the community, especially where the premises don't have through covid safe practices, including record keeping, in place.
  • I have heard that Tier 1 sites will be downgraded to Tier 2 sites once all those who have checked in with the Services Vic app have been contacted and have isolated. Not saying that this is what happened in your daughter's case, but it could explain as to why she was told it was a Tier 1 site initially and then told it was a Tier 2 site afterwards
  • Finally, I'm glad all turned out to be negative in the end!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Old 13-10-2021, 11:26 AM   #15956
slowsnake
Banned

That would really give me the sh.ts Trev, I hope you all got very angry about it too, sounds like you did!
You expect better mate from a Government that's banging on an d on about safety and tracing!

Not good enough Trev...

Last edited by slowsnake; 13-10-2021 at 11:27 AM. Reason: Autospell
Old 13-10-2021, 11:45 AM   #15957
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

How are people in regional NSW feeling about the very real prospect of Sydneians descending upon them from Monday onwards?

I ask this seriously, noting enmity within the last year, of some regional areas in other states, towards tourists.
Old 13-10-2021, 11:50 AM   #15958
FoxtrotGolfXray 5.0
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Quote:
How are people in regional NSW feeling about the very real prospect of Sydneians descending upon them from Monday onwards?

I ask this seriously, noting enmity within the last year, of some regional areas in other states, towards tourists.
This is the view from one blogger on the ABC blog. I suspect it reflects quite a few people's views. Majority? No idea.

Quote:
As a regional New South Welshwoman I would hope travel not to open up to Greater Sydney so soon. Most regional areas are not yet even at 70% double dose. I’m all for freedoms but it should be done in a measured way considering the whole state and not just Sydney.

-NSW not just Sydney

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

2 users like this post:
Old 13-10-2021, 12:19 PM   #15959
Polyal
Virtuous Bogan (TM)
Donating Member2

I can understand the hesitance for not letting metro Sydney out.

Sure let them mingle together and see what happens first perhaps.
  • 1999 Lexus IS200 - 1G-FE Turbo 6MT
  • 1973 ZF Ford Fairlane
2 users like this post:
Old 13-10-2021, 12:27 PM   #15960
russellw
Chairman & Administrator
Donating Member3

NSW/VIC

NSW records 446 cases in the current period and the 10-day average growth rate decreases to 0.9700 (from 0.9282) while the actual line is now above the predictive trend line and based on the 3rd order polynomial, that trend line has a downward curve.

VIC records 1,572 cases in the current period and the 10-day average growth rate increases to 1.0356 (from 1.0103) while the actual line remains below the predictive trend.

Observatio Facta Rotae

Closed Thread