Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 29-08-2021, 02:14 PM   #3661
roKWiz
Cabover nut

Default Re: Geez! I hate that!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charliewool View Post
I hate the word “obviously”!
Listen to any football player being interviewed and count the times they use it?
Same with Pollies with their daily Covid update!
Is it being used instead of “um” or “ah”?
Ahhhhhh, obviously the footy steroids kicking in.

roKWiz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 29-08-2021, 02:29 PM   #3662
ford71V8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charliewool View Post
I hate the word “obviously”!
Listen to any football player being interviewed and count the times they use it?
Same with Pollies with their daily Covid update!
Is it being used instead of “um” or “ah”?
Yeah, nah.
ford71V8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-08-2021, 08:10 PM   #3663
DFB FGXR6
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For the excellent car-care guide 

Ordered my groceries with Coles Online on Monday. With Covid putting strain on this service, the next available time for delivery was 7 days time (tommorow). That's fine, I understand.

Logged into my account tonight add a few items to the order. In the process of doing that, the order becomes a new order and my place in the delivery schedule cancelled. What a stupid, stupid, stupid system.
And good news, Coles gets to keep my $200 in their account all this time and will take 5 days to be refunded.

Only option is to re-submit my order and wait another 7 days or actually go and get them in person, potentially exposing myself to the Covid.

What should have been a simple and convenient service has turned into a baffling and stressful process.

VERY VERY ANGRY CUSTOMER! GET F..KED COLES
Mustang GT

T3 TS50 - gone but not forgotten
DFB FGXR6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 29-08-2021, 08:17 PM   #3664
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: Your outstanding contributions to this community have not gone unnoticed. IN my view you are a worthy recipient of the (rarely used) Chairman's Award. 

Shame about that, can the store manager override the rescheduling? You’re being jolly decent waiting a week to start with.
Citroënbender is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-08-2021, 08:33 PM   #3665
shedcoupe
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Can you take your business elsewhere ?
Is the alternative also wearing an orange wig and big shoes while riding a tiny bicycle ?
shedcoupe is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-08-2021, 08:37 PM   #3666
DFB FGXR6
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For the excellent car-care guide 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Citroënbender View Post
Shame about that, can the store manager override the rescheduling? You’re being jolly decent waiting a week to start with.
Over a third of my town is in compulsory isolation so there are staff shortages all over town, including the supermarkets and hospital. With so many isolating, grocery delivery services are stretched, they just don't have the staff to keep up. Waiting a week was my acceptance of the pressure they are under.

Clearly the Coles Online system has a loophole that allows this mistake to happen, the poor man on the end of the Assistance line copped a DFB style spray!
Mustang GT

T3 TS50 - gone but not forgotten
DFB FGXR6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
4 users like this post:
Old 30-08-2021, 05:48 AM   #3667
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: Your outstanding contributions to this community have not gone unnoticed. IN my view you are a worthy recipient of the (rarely used) Chairman's Award. 

Either chivalry is dead in Melbourne or equality has arrived - depending on how you see it. I had a car freighted up which the previous (female) owner was told by a workshop near to her “needs new engine mounts”. Driveline vibration was genuinely terrible.

A thirty second look under with a torch, confirmed the rear mount had come loose, missing a bolt/washer/lockwasher. As an old-school MCP, I am both dismayed this was not diagnosed and further disappointed it was neither fixed for free with donor bits from the “everyshop” bucket of used fasteners nor at least honestly described with a parts list.
6 users like this post:
Old 30-08-2021, 09:22 AM   #3668
slowsnake
Banned

Quote:
Either chivalry is dead in Melbourne or equality has arrived - depending on how you see it. I had a car freighted up which the previous (female) owner was told by a workshop near to her “needs new engine mounts”. Driveline vibration was genuinely terrible.

A thirty second look under with a torch, confirmed the rear mount had come loose, missing a bolt/washer/lockwasher. As an old-school MCP, I am both dismayed this was not diagnosed and further disappointed it was neither fixed for free with donor bits from the “everyshop” bucket of used fasteners nor at least honestly described with a parts list.
Sounds like you bought a Hyundai Getz?

Cheers Billy
slowsnake is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-08-2021, 10:09 AM   #3669
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

No, Italian.
Old 30-08-2021, 10:13 AM   #3670
slowsnake
Banned

Quote:
No, Italian.
Hyundai Getz was a joke CB

Hooroo Hooray Hoorah Billy
Old 30-08-2021, 10:21 AM   #3671
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

It might not be a Getz, but the car was definitely “Desafinado”.
3 users like this post:
Old 30-08-2021, 11:02 AM   #3672
slowsnake
Banned

Quote:
It might not be a Getz, but the car was definitely “Desafinado”.
Mmmm, not sure how to interpret that, the meaning or the song?
The meaning " out of tune " or the music, by Stan GETZ and Charlie Byrd.

Hooroo, hoorah, hooray

Cheers Billy
Old 30-08-2021, 07:53 PM   #3673
MITCHAY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I got an email reminder to vote in the body corp AGM. I already voted online but get an email reminder for a 4pm deadline at 4:06pm .

They still haven't updated to reflect we're in lockdown so it would be a public health order breach to have it in person.

I wonder if anyone actually turned up
MITCHAY is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 31-08-2021, 07:05 PM   #3674
.:4:.
Kicking back

Lending tools. How hard is it? A circ saw, they dont do corners. I like my mates as mates, but when it comes to power tools, they're absolutely retarded.
.:4:. is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
5 users like this post:
Old 01-09-2021, 04:38 AM   #3675
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

…When you just hit a lintel in your wall chase. Eventually ground the protruding piece away with the 9” grinder but it really put up a fight.
2 users like this post:
Old 03-09-2021, 10:43 PM   #3676
slowsnake
Banned

Quote:
…When you just hit a lintel in your wall chase. Eventually ground the protruding piece away with the 9” grinder but it really put up a fight.
My favourite tool on Monday mornings when one of the workers had too much vino on the weekend!

Cheers M14X
Old 04-09-2021, 12:50 AM   #3677
MITCHAY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

After celebrating 15 years of having my car, it seems I have a leak. It looks like its seeping out the engine onto the up pipe to the turbo.

Just a little bit of a drip but it is smoking when I drive it and I reckon it will cost me a lot to fix it **** me
MITCHAY is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-09-2021, 10:56 AM   #3678
slowsnake
Banned

Geez I hate it when someone I have been kind to sneaks into my unit while I am napping, front door ajar for cat and on Tuesday stole 15 grams of tobacco!
And yesterday whilst hanging my washing, sneaks in and steals a full sheet (20) 5 mg Oxycontin tablets?

I drove around looking for her and found her, my pills plus a bloody big snarling mastiff!
Pills or police, she chose latter, she has had a permanent black eye, since I met her 2 months ago when she come begging for food, can't believe it, I just can't believe it, she knows I need em, quick release for spinal pain, well it's the cops business now, how sad, wish I was 20 years younger so I could flog the maggot doing this to her.

Cheers Billy
3 users like this post:
Old 04-09-2021, 12:33 PM   #3679
ford71V8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Cant help everyone Cheery Billy
ford71V8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-09-2021, 12:50 PM   #3680
Kicking back

I hate old sayings, but sometimes they ring true. Give an inch they take a mile. Also, you cant help someone who cant help themself. Theres a big difference between charity and dunno the correct term, but scabbing off people just to continue on the downward path.
3 users like this post:
Old 04-09-2021, 05:18 PM   #3681
slowsnake
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ford71V8 View Post
Cant help everyone Cheery Billy
I know, but this poor girl needs help, the amount of meth getting around here and the whole of Perth and WA is mind boggling, what you pay in Sydney you multiply that x 10, even the cops weren't interested, I said to the cop that if I get the boyfriend and flog him with my pickaxe handle then I go to jail, but this maggot has given her a permanent black eye and nothing gets done?

It ****s me to tears man that am too old to smack this thing down!

Cheers Billy
Old 09-09-2021, 11:34 AM   #3682
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

New twist; first spam iMessage I’ve seen.

BTW on iOS14-up, if you swipe left from the messages index, it gives the option to report junk messages to Apple.
Old 09-09-2021, 03:06 PM   #3683
slowsnake
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by .:4:. View Post
I hate old sayings, but sometimes they ring true. Give an inch they take a mile. Also, you cant help someone who cant help themself. Theres a big difference between charity and dunno the correct term, but scabbing off people just to continue on the downward path.
But when do you stop giving a " fu#k "

Psalm 94:1-3
“The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.”

Edmund Burke (1729-97) Irish statesman.

Cheers Billy
Old 09-09-2021, 03:12 PM   #3684
Kicking back

Quote:
Originally Posted by slowsnake View Post
But when do you stop giving a " fu#k "

Psalm 94:1-3
“The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.”

Edmund Burke (1729-97) Irish statesman.

Cheers Billy
Thats a question that a person needs to guage themself. Every situation is different.
Old 09-09-2021, 04:21 PM   #3685
slowsnake
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by .:4:. View Post
Thats a question that a person needs to guage themself. Every situation is different.
Either you care or you dont
You cannot learn empathy, you are born empathic, you cannot develop it, its been there since birth or even before birth!

Compassion is different, like feeling sorry!
Means nothing...zero...zilch....a fleeting moment of sadness soon forgotten.

Cheers Billy
Old 09-09-2021, 05:21 PM   #3686
shedcoupe
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by slowsnake View Post
You cannot learn empathy .....
I disagree. As a kid I was quite autistic and highly intelligent but over time (due to the requirement that I function in society) I seem to have devoted more brain power to understanding how people ‘work’ (ie. ‘fitting in’) at the cost of some IQ points.
But that’s just one person’s experience of course.
And I still get ‘it’ wrong on occasion and not just in the empathy department.
shedcoupe is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-09-2021, 07:33 PM   #3687
slowsnake
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by shedcoupe View Post
I disagree. As a kid I was quite autistic and highly intelligent but over time (due to the requirement that I function in society) I seem to have devoted more brain power to understanding how people ‘work’ (ie. ‘fitting in’) at the cost of some IQ points.
But that’s just one person’s experience of course.
And I still get ‘it’ wrong on occasion and not just in the empathy department.
I was told by a person of high degree who I can't name that empathy is a 6th sense, like clairvoyance etc....
Just a thought to be different, but ain't going to argue the nitty gritty, I have very severe untreated ADHD, always knew I was different, but didn't have a name for it!....it gets hard sometimes, even posting here on AFF can be a drama for me, but ya manage.......or go mad....

Cheers Billy
2 users like this post:
Old 12-09-2021, 05:00 AM   #3688
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

There’s always time for a leak. Especially if it’s a Selespeed gearbox.
Quick description; a manual gearbox with automated operation of clutch action and gear shifting. Driven by a hydraulic circuit with its own fluid and pump, controlled by electrovalves similar to regular automatic transmissions.

The shifting action is translated into two motions like a single rail gearbox - plunge and rotate. Sensors define the preciseness of selection to within hundredths of a millimetre.

They develop seal leaks with ageing of seals, wear and thermal cycling. If you’re lucky the hydraulic shift fluid leaks to the outside. If you’re less lucky the fluid leaks down the selector rail into the gear oil. In a few days I’ll be finding out which way my dice has rolled. By the amount outside the gearbox, I’m quietly optimistic.

I’ve indicated the top of the ram which controls plunge, as it seems the origin of my fluid leaks. The ram which rotates the selector rail is in the middle of the image, directly under the black plastic sensor housing.

The BMW SMG operates on the same principles and is easier to sort than people believe - providing one understands the basics of a stored pressure electro-hydraulic system.
3 users like this post:
Old 12-09-2021, 09:16 AM   #3689
slowsnake
Banned

That an Alpha?....56...

Cheers Billy
Old 12-09-2021, 09:47 AM   #3690
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

Uno Quattro Sette - I’ve had four of them now.