Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Site Sponsor Forums - In Alphabetical Order > Race Brakes Sydney

Race Brakes Sydney Street and race performance pad / rotor combinations as well as brake upgrades and Exedy clutch kits. Website Link

Old 25-10-2009, 03:04 PM   #1
perthxr6t
PERTHXR6T

Default Floored need you help please

My better half's son has the BF F6 with the standard Brembo's up front and normal stock brakes on the rear.

The front pads are nearly down to the wear limit and the disc measurement is 30mm and that's the wear limit i believe.

Went to Perth Brake Parts to cost some new front Ferodo DS2500 street pads not race pads plus 2 new rotor's. He got the part numbers from the DBA part book.

Also got prices for the rear pads as well from the DBA part book and the cost is around $1700 or $1800 can't remember and i'm on site so i can't check.

My question is this........Are the direct replacements rotor's and pads from the DBA part's book ok to fit onto the BF F6? Not going to let ford replace them and over charge him like they do when it is service time for the car.

Is this a good price? Or should i just get new Brembo pads and rotor's for the car or can you supply me the parts cheaper than Ford will?

PM me if you like with the cost to replace front and rear pads plus 2 new front rotor's

Panther Black XR5T Mondeo
Sunroof
BlueTooth
Mods So Far

Air Box Mod
Lowered Eibach Springs 25mm
Alloy foot Pedals
Waiting for the Edit to come
Custom Cat Back Zorst
perthxr6t is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-10-2009, 10:02 AM   #2
FLOORED
Race Brakes Sydney

Quote:
Originally Posted by perthxr6t
My better half's son has the BF F6 with the standard Brembo's up front and normal stock brakes on the rear.

The front pads are nearly down to the wear limit and the disc measurement is 30mm and that's the wear limit i believe.

Went to Perth Brake Parts to cost some new front Ferodo DS2500 street pads not race pads plus 2 new rotor's. He got the part numbers from the DBA part book.

Also got prices for the rear pads as well from the DBA part book and the cost is around $1700 or $1800 can't remember and i'm on site so i can't check.

My question is this........Are the direct replacements rotor's and pads from the DBA part's book ok to fit onto the BF F6? Not going to let ford replace them and over charge him like they do when it is service time for the car.

Is this a good price? Or should i just get new Brembo pads and rotor's for the car or can you supply me the parts cheaper than Ford will?

PM me if you like with the cost to replace front and rear pads plus 2 new front rotor's
The DBA parts are fine to fit as well sell them all the time.I think you will be happier with our prices and i have listed a few options with this 4 piston front and single piston rear set up.
Genuine xdrilled rotors are $1050 a pair.I can sometimes get these much cheaper but nil stock at the moment.
DBA 4000 series slotted are $600 a pair front
DBA 4000 series xdrilled are $700 a pair front
DBA 5000 series slotted 2 piece disc $995 a pair front
Front brake pads from $218
Rear brake pads from $85
Freight would depend on postcode thankyou
DS2500 pads are performance / street compound and are $440 for the front with the Ferodo Formula rear pads at $150 a set.

Street to track is what we expertise in

Phone 02 9609 1101

sales@racebrakessydney.com.au

www.racebrakessydney.com.au
FLOORED is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-10-2009, 06:41 PM   #3
perthxr6t
PERTHXR6T

Floored i've spoken to Simon Birch about the best way to go and i'll go with the DBA 5000 series rotors plus front DS2500 pads and Ferodo Formula rear pads.

I'm over in Perth WA and my post code is 6110 so if you can tell me the complete price to get everything to me i'll let the young one know and i'll ring you to see how you want me to transfer the money.

The young fella is over in Rome at the moment playing basketball. The reason i'm doing this for him is he is in a wheelchair and he has hand controls fitted to the F6 so i wanted to make sure i got the right brake combo for him and that it will pull the car up quick smart as Simon has done his magic to the car so it's got a bit more power.

He was just in Sydney playing for Australia in the Asia Pacific championships which Australia won and in his off time he plays for Rome. They also just won the gold medal at the Para Olympics last year so he's doing ok and we look after his car while he is away and do all the repairs etc and that's when i noticed his front brakes were history and Simon tells me your the man to go too for brakes.

Cheers
Neil

Sunroof
BlueTooth
Mods So Far

Air Box Mod
Alloy foot Pedals
Custom Cat Back Zorst
Old 27-10-2009, 10:23 AM   #4
FLOORED
Race Brakes Sydney

Quote:
Floored i've spoken to Simon Birch about the best way to go and i'll go with the DBA 5000 series rotors plus front DS2500 pads and Ferodo Formula rear pads.

I'm over in Perth WA and my post code is 6110 so if you can tell me the complete price to get everything to me i'll let the young one know and i'll ring you to see how you want me to transfer the money.

The young fella is over in Rome at the moment playing basketball. The reason i'm doing this for him is he is in a wheelchair and he has hand controls fitted to the F6 so i wanted to make sure i got the right brake combo for him and that it will pull the car up quick smart as Simon has done his magic to the car so it's got a bit more power.

He was just in Sydney playing for Australia in the Asia Pacific championships which Australia won and in his off time he plays for Rome. They also just won the gold medal at the Para Olympics last year so he's doing ok and we look after his car while he is away and do all the repairs etc and that's when i noticed his front brakes were history and Simon tells me your the man to go too for brakes.

Cheers
Neil
Neil it sounds like the young bloke is very competitive.Good choice of set up for this car and the rear pads are out of stock until the next week or so but you can either wait for them and i will send all at once or i can send the front parts once the deposit has cleared and the rear pads will be sent when they arrive (At no extra cost to you).
Bank deposit or internet transfer is best.
Account Name - Race Brakes Sydney
Account Number - 1056 1841
BSB Number - 062 597
Bank - Commonwealth

Stock confirmation
DBA5000 series slotted front $995.00
DS2500 Ferodo front 4 pot pads $440.00
Ferodo Formula rear 1 piston $150.00
Freight $40
Total $1625

Phone 02 9609 1101

Old 27-10-2009, 02:18 PM   #5
perthxr6t
PERTHXR6T

Floored

Once he transfers the coin over to us from Rome i'll get in touch with you once we have made payment and then just send it all in one hit.

The car isn't being used it's just sitting in the back yard so waiting another week for the rear pads to be in stock isn't an issue.

Cheers
Neil

Sunroof
BlueTooth
Mods So Far

Air Box Mod
Alloy foot Pedals
Custom Cat Back Zorst
Old 27-10-2009, 06:20 PM   #6
FLOORED
Race Brakes Sydney

Quote:
Floored

Once he transfers the coin over to us from Rome i'll get in touch with you once we have made payment and then just send it all in one hit.

The car isn't being used it's just sitting in the back yard so waiting another week for the rear pads to be in stock isn't an issue.

Cheers
Neil
No Worries

Phone 02 9609 1101

Old 27-10-2009, 11:29 PM   #7
JXR67

Neil,
Send all of our best to your son and wish him luck. Good on him
Cheers,
JT
JXR67 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-10-2009, 02:11 PM   #8
perthxr6t
PERTHXR6T

Cheers for that JXR67 and we'll wish him the best from you.

Sunroof
BlueTooth
Mods So Far

Air Box Mod
Alloy foot Pedals
Custom Cat Back Zorst