Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Focus

Old 28-03-2014, 05:29 PM   #1
simon varley
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Bringing sanity to the Everest threads. 
Default (mostly) sync questions

so I had the chance to get a few hundred km's in my wife's titanium diesel this week, and my god there are some annoying problems:
  • sync won't recognize my gen 5 iPod. Okay so it's a few years old but the territory and falcon don't have any issues with it.
  • playing music off a USB stick because of issue 1, sync adds a pause between tracks, particularly noticeable on The Wall - any idea how to force gapless playback?
  • sync keeps playing when the engine is turned off and only stops when the door is opened - any idea how to make it stop when the engine is off?
  • non sync issue - the speedo seems miles out! previous focuses we've had have had pretty accurate speedos but this one seem to read at least 10kmh over.
  • how do you get the dual zone climate control to work both zones together? it keeps up to 4C difference between the zones - previous models have been able to lock the zones to the same temperature

overall it's not a bad car, but these little issues make me glad I don't have to drive it any more

simon varley is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-03-2014, 06:02 PM   #2
Copie
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: (mostly) sync questions

The last one with the CC, press and hold the auto button for 5 seconds will link them together, then only use the right knob to adjust the temp.

1st one, using a genuine cable? mine would play on a 4th gen but would not recongise and filelists etc, so couldnt search for songs/albums etc, my 5th and 6th gens work a treat. Although ive found that once you have more then 40gb of music, the autoplay gets a bit screwy.
Copie is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 28-03-2014, 10:05 PM   #3
simon varley
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Bringing sanity to the Everest threads. 
Default Re: (mostly) sync questions

yeah, it might be the cable. Most of the time sync won't even recognise that there is a USB device plugged in (although the iPod does charge). Occasionally it recognises a device but doesn't get beyond 'initialising device'.
simon varley is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post