Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 31-12-2008, 01:21 PM   #1
brad`
The Monty

Default Paint Question.. the clear coat is bubbling

Hey i have a problem, its not on my car but my girlfriends its a CE Lancer but as its technically owned by ford i posted it, nah i really need help i dont know anything about paint so i need help

all along her drivers side door and drivers side passanger side the paint is bubling but its gone white which makes me think thats the clear coat that is the cause, i dont have a pic ill post 1 2moro.

i didnt know what to do i didnt wanna use cut/polish on it in case it stripped the cleat coat off since its bubbling, but its getting worse so i dont know what to do, i ran out of ideas haha

cheers
hope someone can help

thanks
brad`

brad` is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-12-2008, 01:45 PM   #2
DJM83
Barra Turbo > V8
Donating Member3

Never heard of Mitsu being owned by ford before
- Twin 2.5" Stainless Exhaust
- Antz Turboside Intake
- CCForged Phatlux wheels
DJM83 is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-12-2008, 01:54 PM   #3
Peuty
Afterburner + skids =
Donating Member1

Dallas is right, Ford have nothing to do with Mitsu.

Back to your paint problem. If it is bubbling, it is well and truly shagged. Cutting will just strip the bubbles off. Respray time.

Oo\===/oO
Peuty is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-12-2008, 06:37 PM   #4
shazaam

before the xr8 i had a lancer also and it had this same paint problem with the clear coat? flaking off around the door handles etc.. unfortunately my paint expert told me it was respray time........ so i traded it for the xr8 lol
shazaam is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-12-2008, 10:41 PM   #5
gregaust
Donating Member
Donating Member1

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Greg always goes out of his way to provide assistance and support to members of AFF. Greg freely shares his knowledge with people who ask for help and often assists them with obtaining parts and repairs.  A great member of the AFF community. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always happy to offer assistance from his own experiences and often posts up photos when someone is having issues finding/locating something they are trying to repair or replace. 

Maybe a result of moisture in the airlines when the paint has been sprayed . This forms blisters over time and bubbles.. And yes respray to fix if it is that.
gregaust is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-01-2009, 03:26 PM   #6
brad`
The Monty

haha my bad i alwasy thought ford owned well used mitsubishi for parts such as alternators and stuff, maybe wrong good chance i am haha.

she said she cant be bothered forking out the cash to get it resprayed (doesnt share the car love like us) as she just wants to stop it from getting any worse, as she wasnt a new car.

any way to just hault or slow down the proccess ?

cheers for the replies

Old 01-01-2009, 03:38 PM   #7
Skotty
Banned

Has she recently had any crash repair work on those doors?

my mate had a CE lancer, his clear coat started peeling off in a car wash with the gurney :|
Skotty is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-01-2009, 09:41 PM   #8
brad`
The Monty

haha faire enuff, not really helping but at least its not the one CE that has had the problem.

a familys friends VX is doing the same thing but on there bonnet not as bad tho, i should have a pic of the Lancer 2moro arvo

cheers
brad`

Old 01-01-2009, 10:35 PM   #9
eXi7w0unD

thats happening on my ford. on the side view mirrors on top. clear coats bubbling and comign off. somethign to do with this heat purhaps, atleast its a small surface area to be resprayed, wont cost much
Old 02-01-2009, 07:10 PM   #10
rob_liss_lms10
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I had the same thing on my rear bar, had to get it re-sprayed.
Old 03-01-2009, 10:33 AM   #11
whiskers
gone fishing

Same thing is happening to all of my door handles, I will have to get them re-done one day.
Old 03-01-2009, 04:11 PM   #12
brad`
The Monty

so there is no way to slow it down or stop it from getting worse well that suck,

oh well she can get it resprayed haha

cheers
for the replys ppl
brad`