Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Closed Thread

Old 03-07-2006, 05:45 PM   #31
XRchic
Hello

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darran
Just cause I didn't look like Gaelan from Big Brother :
He is sooooo not attractive in my opinion. I havent watched him much but he is not my type. Perhaps a bit too "blonde emo" for me... Dont make the mistake of thinking all chics want a bloke like that.

A lot of chics want a REAL BLOKE... not some emo idiot. I guess some chics like the soft type, but plenty dont.

: Cobra :
Old 03-07-2006, 05:48 PM   #32
ClassicAU
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJL351
Yes.... the "Friend".... the shoulder to cry on when the newest BF kicks her in the guts.
Then you do the right thing, help her all that jazz only to be told "why aren't all guys like you?" or "I wish I could find someone like you!" : I'm standing in front of you!
Or watching her go back to the same clown that slept with her best friend... but he "has changed".
OMG!!! dude, are we like long lost brothers!! i feel so bad for them, but then i dont have the heart (or the courage for that matter) to try and tell them that there is a reason why they need a shoulder to cry on, and i would try my best for that not to happen if i had the chance!!
Old 03-07-2006, 05:49 PM   #33
EFFalcon
Last warning

where are you meeting these useless blokes?
seems like wrong place and wrong guys.
DAILY - BA Fairlane Ghia, Boss 260 Turbo
OFFROADER - Ford Explorer
Old 03-07-2006, 05:49 PM   #34
Poison Ivy
Starter Motor

Ewww Gaelen from big brother reminds me of Martyn Bryant..... Not all girls go for that, I like my guys with a bit of meat on their bones...someone to cuddle

I'm just wondering then guys, if thats what you feel in regards to the whole 'friends thing' is that why you don't make the effort??
Old 03-07-2006, 05:50 PM   #35
Poison Ivy
Starter Motor

Quote:
Originally Posted by EFFalcon
where are you meeting these useless blokes?
seems like wrong place and wrong guys.
Lots of different places....Where might you suggest then, because any help would be greatly appreciated. I'm not the only single girl who is wondering where they go to find a nice decent guy.
Old 03-07-2006, 05:51 PM   #36
TheSneakiness
Adapt or perish...

Here's another thing I get here...

"You seem like a nice guy but... *yabba yabba yabba*"

WTF is up with that?
Old 03-07-2006, 05:52 PM   #37
FordFan86
meow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poison Ivy
Ewww Gaelen from big brother reminds me of Martyn Bryant..... Not all girls go for that, I like my guys with a bit of meat on their bones...someone to cuddle

I'm just wondering then guys, if thats what you feel in regards to the whole 'friends thing' is that why you don't make the effort??
I think for some it's after they've made the effort, got nowhere, and are now just "the friend"
Old 03-07-2006, 05:56 PM   #38
lush

EF Falcon, no these guys really are everywhere! Its good to know there are some decent blokes out there, but trust me its not just the good looking ones that can be ****s!!!! They all can in my experience also, attractive, non attractive, tall, short, fat, thin etc. I seriously think that guys dont have to try hard these days, there are girls out there that just hand it around so they couldnt be bothered getting to know someone when they can go and pick up any night of the week pretty much.

Im out the ddating game and staying single for a while I think Far easier!!!!!

As for Gaylon, ewwwww! Too blonde, too buff and too dam vain!!! Any guy that takes longer than me to get ready and used more hair product than me is generally not my type I like blokey blokes.

:eclipsee_
http://www.lifesnotalwaysbeautiful.blogspot.com/
Old 03-07-2006, 05:57 PM   #39
Blue Ice
Living the Dream

From my personal experience, I've tried all of what you want in a guy before, just seems no girl wants that sort of guy, just my observation though. Always ends up being too nice, and not rough enough around the edges, which sucks because it feels like they lead you on.

Then again, Im only 21 now, just came out of a relationship, I'll find someone, or they'll find me
Old 03-07-2006, 05:59 PM   #40
Laminge
Cuban... nothing like it

For a start

Give EFFALCON a miss, he watches big brother and spends hours in line for KK donuts!

Sorry John, but everyone else in those 2 threads has physcoanalysed you, so I thought I carry the theme on!
Old 03-07-2006, 06:02 PM   #41
4Vman
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

This thread is useless without pictures.

Old 03-07-2006, 06:03 PM   #42
xurbanx
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Wow this threads on fire!
Aside from that the only problem I had in the past was not knowing that many girls. But it's slowly picking up!
Old 03-07-2006, 06:03 PM   #43
4Vman
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Lots of different places....Where might you suggest then, because any help would be greatly appreciated. I'm not the only single girl who is wondering where they go to find a nice decent guy.
Sporting activities and GYMS have served me well!

Old 03-07-2006, 06:04 PM   #44
lush

You want pictures, sure put the single male pics up then (just joking).

I dont think Poisen Ivy started this as a dating thread, more of a interest in what other people find in the dating game these days.

Im finding it interesting so far, and a bit like 'thank god Im not the only one to be thinking this"

Old 03-07-2006, 06:04 PM   #45
DJL351
XR & FPV Owner

Quote:
I always made an effort, even when "setup" on those wonderful "Blind Dates"
were the only thing you have in common is the fact the same person has done this to you before.

I never had a problem with being the "friend", it did grate a little though, when they know that you have feelings for them.
(and you always feel the next one will tip her over the edge and in to your arms... forever)

One thing that always freaked me, was the group of girls at a pub, you give one the eye and they all turn in (towards each other) and just laugh and giggle... I could never approach after that, because I was never sure if I was being laughed at.
2005 BF GT (6sp manual - Build #183)
2015 SZ MkII Territory Titanium
2016.75 LZ Focus Sport

Quote:
probably the stupidist post on aff - congrats
Quote:
Originally Posted by flappist
There was once a time when every young man in this country was familiar with firearms and many owned them privately along with a stock of ammo and some bush gear.

Now the best we can hope for is to unfriend them on facebook then SMS their commanders with !!!1!!!!!!11!1!! and then finally plank a tank.......
Old 03-07-2006, 06:05 PM   #46
Falcon Freak
Banned

Quote:
I’ve been lurking around this site for ages but felt the need to sign up & post what my thoughts are in regards to dating in 2006 for us ladies, considering the majority of the population of this site are males, I’d like to know what you think about the following.

I’ve been on a few dates recently & I must say, I’m pretty disappointed about the effort or lack there of that is displayed by men these days.

I’m a single woman who is in her mid 20’s, I have a good job, a nice car, great friends & family, I have a stable job & I’m honest & upfront, I have no baggage & a great sense of humor but yet I find it harder & harder to meet a guy who wants to put in the effort to get to know me before he starts thinking below the belt.

What has happened to the days when guys asked girls out? When a guy picks a girl up from her house & drops her off without expecting something else? Are these days dead? What has happened to dating?

I think it would be nice for a guy to put some effort in. And when I say effort I mean, nice clean clothes, a shave, aftershave or cologne, deodorant (this should not be an effort but surprisingly to some it is). Is this asking too much? I don’t think so because I’m sure if a girl turned up to a date without any deodorant on the guy would be doing a runner in no time.

I’ve also noticed a rapid decrease in guys having the guts to ask a girl out, who gives a rats if you get rejected, at least you’re giving it a go, 9 times out of 10 I’m sure the girl will be flattered & say yes. If it doesn’t work out, don’t dismiss the girl, she might have a friend who is ideal for you. I have set up many friends, that have turned into long term relationships or marriages but if a guy acts like a jerk or treats me disrespectfully there’s no way I’d want to set him up with someone else.

So single guys out there, please shed some light on what your thoughts are on what I’ve said, because I’m rapidly starting to think that there are no decent single gentlemen out there anymore. And before anyone says I’m after a metrosexual, no that is not what I want, I just want a guy who thinks that its worth a little extra effort to impress a girl.
I am not willing to date girls who can't spell humour.......

FF
Old 03-07-2006, 06:06 PM   #47
lush

DJL351 I feel for you there, Ive seen groups of girls do that do......... its so rude!

Sometimes I wonder where peoples manners have gone these days. (**** now I sound like an old woman)

Old 03-07-2006, 06:08 PM   #48
Poison Ivy
Starter Motor

Quote:
Originally Posted by lush
DJL351 I feel for you there, Ive seen groups of girls do that do......... its so rude!

Sometimes I wonder where peoples manners have gone these days. (**** now I sound like an old woman)
Yeah I wonder the same thing!!! I was bought up to use my manners & treat people the way I would like to be treated....clearly some people don't think the same.
Old 03-07-2006, 06:09 PM   #49
EFFalcon
Last warning

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laminge
For a start

Give EFFALCON a miss, he watches big brother and spends hours in line for KK donuts!

Sorry John, but everyone else in those 2 threads has physcoanalysed you, so I thought I carry the theme on!
Thanks Gary
I'll add you to my 'to kill list' later
Old 03-07-2006, 06:09 PM   #50
Poison Ivy
Starter Motor

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Vman
Sporting activities and GYMS have served me well!
I already go to the gym a few times a week, its extremly hard to approach anyone there.
Old 03-07-2006, 06:12 PM   #51
FTE217
T3/Sprint8
Donating Member2

The young'un's have been set up ! How come Poison Ivy's post count is 1 only ?????
"Don't believe everything you read on the internet. Abraham Lincoln"
Old 03-07-2006, 06:12 PM   #52
EFFalcon
Last warning

the Bar doesn't count posts.......
Old 03-07-2006, 06:14 PM   #53
Falcon Freak
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by EFFalcon
the Bar doesn't count posts.......
Since when?

FF
Old 03-07-2006, 06:14 PM   #54
brenx
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
You shouldn't have to put a flame suit on, a guy should try and impress a women just as a woman should try and impress a man...it works 2 ways, unfortunately lately it seems its just a one way street.
I think it would be better to not try and impress as such. Best be and act as normal. Men/women would soon tire (let their guard down) of trying to impress then the other gets disappointed.

Summary : Be what you are and not what you try to be.

I know plenty that would do what you like. Eventually the money runs out and reality kicks back in. Then they return to their normal behaviour.

Maybe your looking in the wrong place for a partner of your liking?

I personally wouldn't change my behaviour for anyone. I am me. When I was separated from my wife I had a woman try and impress me. She would have done anything. After a short time I got to see the real her and I ran like hell. From my experience the grass isn't greener ;)

nb..From what I've seen these days a substantial amount of guys aren't getting into relationships or marrying young. Using my brother inlaw as an example he's just after 1 night stands. These days it's common to have many partners through out a year.

ps...If I knew what I know now. I'd be still single. Children are a good thing though My two are priceless.

Tuned by Hallam Performance
Old 03-07-2006, 06:15 PM   #55
conordec
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I think you'll find alot of guys have "woken up" and are a bit sceptical of relationships.

ok, don't flame me, but......

how many guys do you know of that have broken up and are paying maintenance?
(yes some scum don't pay anything i know)
alot of single guys don't want this and just want to have fun, marriage is overated in alot of younger peoples eyes, and the age people are finally settling down and having kids is older and older every year. people just don't see the point anymore.

as for putting in the effort, people are generally lazy now days, that goes for the whole meeting people thing... if they find someone, then they do, if they don't then, ah... next week.

I've been burnt twice, and have seen the light, being burnt i mean, TOTALLY ROBBED!!

Call me a woos, but i was over the whole dating game for 3 years... couldn't be bothered with it, getting let down, burnt or worse..... luckily i'm in asia and well ;)

Anyway,

I think if you'd put up where you're living now, you may find someone with a pm waiting for you though.

I do know a few really nice gals that are single and in the same predicament as you.

Good luck.
Old 03-07-2006, 06:19 PM   #56
conordec
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

From my experience the grass isn't greener

LOL, the grass is always greener, just got to know when to put the mower away.
Old 03-07-2006, 06:22 PM   #57
DJL351
XR & FPV Owner

Quote:
Yeah I wonder the same thing!!! I was bought up to use my manners & treat people the way I would like to be treated....clearly some people don't think the same.
Another problem can be that when us blokes do "the right thing" (opening doors, pushing in chairs) we are seen to be "TRYING", as though we are after something..... (again back to the below the belt comment)

This was said to me by my best mates wife (lovely girl) after she heard how one of my nights ended.
2005 BF GT (6sp manual - Build #183)
2015 SZ MkII Territory Titanium
2016.75 LZ Focus Sport

Quote:
probably the stupidist post on aff - congrats
Quote:
Originally Posted by flappist
There was once a time when every young man in this country was familiar with firearms and many owned them privately along with a stock of ammo and some bush gear.

Now the best we can hope for is to unfriend them on facebook then SMS their commanders with !!!1!!!!!!11!1!! and then finally plank a tank.......
Old 03-07-2006, 06:25 PM   #58
4Vman
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
I already go to the gym a few times a week, its extremly hard to approach anyone there.
Really? i find it easier to strike a conversation with women in the GYM than at a pub or club.
For starters you've both got a common interest.
You just smile say hi, offer to help or show them how to train correctly if they look lost, chat about the weather, for girls all you have to do is ask a guy to spot you or show you "how its done" properly, or look lost, or just say to a guy "gee that looks heavy"...
Also no-ones putting on an act, or have their defences up like people do in night clubs (except the mirror hogs) and you're looking your most plain and "natural".
"Nice Girls", normally expect to get hit on in a club and mostly bat the attention off, in the GYM i find people easier and more approachable because they're more relaxed.

Old 03-07-2006, 06:27 PM   #59
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: DASH/bfiipursuit has been alot of help over the years I have frequented this forum, lots of thoughtful and informed posts, very much a valued contributor. 

Its interesting to read some of the stuff on here as I can relate to alot of you guys out there that are seeing chicks around you hook up with absolute trash. One of my very good friends is 23, shes been shacked up with a complete and utter waste of time for the last 6 or so years, hes done some nasty **** to her and she still stays with him, and even moved away from her home place as he was kicked out of town just to be with him.

I just dont get it, you try and do the right thing by chicks, treat them like princesses, present yourself well and you still dont get anywhere. Maybe i should take up drinking and smoking, then perhaps id fit in with more of them. :
Old 03-07-2006, 06:30 PM   #60
AdzT3-146
own the road

Quote:

What has happened to the days when guys asked girls out? When a guy picks a girl up from her house & drops her off without expecting something else? Are these days dead? What has happened to dating?
Those days aren't dead, well at least not in my opinion anyway. I took a girl out on Saturday Night, Picked her up from her house, went out, had a great night, then dropped her home later. I didn't expect anything, and she's not the type of girl that would put out that easily anyway. To be honest it really doesn't bother me, in fact it probably increases the respect i have for her.

Quote:
I think it would be nice for a guy to put some effort in. And when I say effort I mean, nice clean clothes, a shave, aftershave or cologne, deodorant (this should not be an effort but surprisingly to some it is). Is this asking too much? I don’t think so because I’m sure if a girl turned up to a date without any deodorant on the guy would be doing a runner in no time.
Agree with FordFan86. If a guy cant be bothered making an effort to make himself look clean and respectable, then they're not really worth it.
T3 TE50 #146

Quote:
Originally Posted by UNR8D
Id rather date a goat with syphilous then drive a maloo.
Closed Thread