Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Fiesta, Festiva and Ka

Old 09-08-2009, 01:18 PM   #1
wmj73
Starter Motor

Default Zetec light removal help

Hi Guys, newbie here. I just bought a Zetec and would like to change the colour of the main light to a more blue or white colour. I rang up Ford and asked what buld type the main beam was and they said it was H7. Went to the local autobahn bought a set of 5000k H7 bulbs. Problem that I am having is removing the main headlamp unit. I undid the 2 main screws and the 1 'tab' type screw and the electric cord adapter but it seems like something else is holding the unit down. Didnt want to pull it out with too much force but if anyone can give me some info I would greatly appreciate it.

wmj73 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-08-2009, 07:57 PM   #2
kiwijohn42
Death B4 Decaf

You have the manual don't you? Should all be in there.
Old 09-08-2009, 11:18 PM   #3
curik

Yep its in the manual, basically there are two torx screws and one plastic clip per headlight that you need to remove. Then remove the wiring and pull the headlight assembly away. Thats it.
curik is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-08-2009, 11:40 PM   #4
dannyhilton
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I'm interested in changing my bulbs too. I want more of a clean White rather than a yellow, but not too much blue like you see in Mercs. Can anyone reccomend anything?

Also is it illegal to change the fog light bulb to a matching White ray?
Old 10-08-2009, 02:25 AM   #5
curik

Go HIDs! They look sick even on stock projectors. Clean cut-off and way brighter at night! But if you want to stick with halogens, phillips Diamond vision or PIAA (can't remember the model name).
Old 10-08-2009, 06:29 PM   #6
dannyhilton
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Thanks mate. I want to make my Projectors a brighter White. I'll invest in this on the weekend! Cheers.
Old 12-08-2009, 07:05 PM   #7
wmj73
Starter Motor

Quote:
Originally Posted by curik
Go HIDs! They look sick even on stock projectors. Clean cut-off and way brighter at night! But if you want to stick with halogens, phillips Diamond vision or PIAA (can't remember the model name).
Curik, are they easy to install and do they cost alot? Where did you buy them from too? thanks heaps guys for all the replies
wmj73 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-08-2009, 11:00 PM   #8
Fi.ES.TA

wmj73 they are $101.00 off ebay.
Fi.ES.TA is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-08-2009, 03:24 AM   #9
curik

as FiESTA says, the HID kit is about 120 ish on ebay and pretty reliable too. Installation was easy, but a slight modification of the bulb retainer clip is required. Apart from that, pretty straightforward and amazing result too!