Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 18-07-2014, 07:31 PM   #1
xr8 man

Smile New member

G'Day everyone I am a new member and I am known as xr8 man.
I own a 1993 ED XR8 and have had it since new, It looks like my ABS Module
has a problem and believed to be the pump in the module. From the feed back
so far I am told it is a sealed unit and can not be repaired legally. The other
alternative is getting a second hand one, which is as scarce as hens teeth,and
could also produce the same problem, so I hope somebody has a suggestion on
what ABS Brake system's that will work could be used to replace this current system, or any other alternatives or suggestions that might help me over come
my problem.

Cheers David.:

xr8 man is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-07-2014, 07:35 PM   #2
MrXR8

Default Re: New member

welcome
When a car gets past you, you just want to go after them, you want to chase them down, you want to pass them. It's primal. But then there's another side to it, where you just completely forget about all the other cars on the track, and you feel like you're in another world. It's just you, at one with the road and the car.

Eric Bana
MrXR8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-07-2014, 11:06 AM   #3
Simple6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Tech article on rear bushes. 
Default Re: New member

Does the XR8 have a different module to regular ED Falcons?

I wouldn't have thought so being the same brakes as all Falcon models, but I guess there could be a different calibration.

My first thing would be to find out for sure that it's different to a regular Falcon's module for sure and why it's different, because there's got to be a ton of ABS modules sitting in cars in wreckers yards.
Old 19-07-2014, 11:28 AM   #4
xr8 man

Smile Re: xr8 abs module

Thank you for your interest. Yes, they all are the same for that model and it is possible to get a part from a wreckers, but I am only going to end up with the same problem. My car has only got low kilometres on it and has been well maintained and Ii am sure what I would get from the wreckers will have had a lot more use. I am looking for an alternative, other than something second hand and in poorer condition than I have already got. Hope someone from this site can come up with some good alternatives.
Cheers, David
xr8 man is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post