Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Fiesta, Festiva and Ka

Old 18-04-2009, 06:12 PM   #1
Vision Zetec
Hurry up Germany!!

Default Ordered my new Fiesta!

Hi guys!

I ordered my Fiesta Zetec this morning

-5 door
-Vision
-Velour Mats
-Auto

They said late May/early June but from what I have read and heard I won't hold my breath!

Oh and I know you will say auto yuk! But I drive in peak hour every day and have driven an auto for the last three years so I am a little lazy lol. And it's my car and i'm happy so we will leave it at that!

Woooo now I just wait...

Cheers

Daniel

Vision Zetec is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-04-2009, 06:34 PM   #2
Zetec Dave

A big congrats mate. I'm sure you'll love it. Auto drive nice and smooth and great for the city so I understand. Sometimes I get a little lazy in my polo gti manual and sometimes wish it came in DSG. Was going to get the auto for the Fiesta Zetec too but couldn't justify paying more for a smaller and older engine. Otherwise, congrats once again and hope you enjoy the ride when you get it. I've been waiting so long for mine that I completely forget about it half the time. The long wait makes you mentally numb. LOL.
Zetec Dave is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-04-2009, 07:03 PM   #3
Candyman2
Zetec 09 5 DR in Vision

Congrats mate

Nothing wrong with the auto really. Little less power, uses a little more fuel but if you have to have an auto, the Fiesta 1.4 still leads the way IMO

Candyman2 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-04-2009, 07:07 PM   #4
Vision Zetec
Hurry up Germany!!

Yeah it felt really smooth and with my self and one other adult it still pulled well up a hill. Yeah not much torque but nothing a CAI and exhaust can fix... :p still waiting on if the 1.4L can be modded tho?? But that is not a priority at the moment, just a thought!
Old 18-04-2009, 10:10 PM   #5
ANGEL#3
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Con'grats mate, now it's a waiting game.
ANGEL#3 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-04-2009, 03:15 AM   #6
fiestadude
Starter Motor

When we get the Fiesta here in the U.S. early next year we're supposed to get a 6 speed dual clutch automatic transmission. The 1.6 Ti-VCT is the only engine we get.
fiestadude is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-04-2009, 03:30 AM   #7
Zetec Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiestadude
When we get the Fiesta here in the U.S. early next year we're supposed to get a 6 speed dual clutch automatic transmission. The 1.6 Ti-VCT is the only engine we get.
man, you guys are so lucky. I would've definately ordered that version if that was available here at the time when I ordered mine.
Zetec Dave is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-04-2009, 09:35 AM   #8
Candyman2
Zetec 09 5 DR in Vision

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zetec Dave
man, you guys are so lucky. I would've definately ordered that version if that was available here at the time when I ordered mine.
Yep, a mexicali version ;)

However, Ford is surrently saying it will be the same two drive trains

They will have the Ecoboost turbo kit option from what has been said so they may get more than the 1.6. Some of the standard things we get will be options on thier versions as well - the usual for the USA market.

There has been some talk about a 2L being offered as well.
Old 19-04-2009, 12:10 PM   #9
Vision Zetec
Hurry up Germany!!

Dam Americans! :P
Old 20-04-2009, 02:04 PM   #10
fiestadude
Starter Motor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Candyman2
Yep, a mexicali version ;)

However, Ford is surrently saying it will be the same two drive trains

They will have the Ecoboost turbo kit option from what has been said so they may get more than the 1.6. Some of the standard things we get will be options on thier versions as well - the usual for the USA market.

There has been some talk about a 2L being offered as well.
Speaking of Mexico some of the best built cars in the world are manufactured in Mexico. There was a study done recently that showed Mexican workers had a much stronger, better work ethic than workers from other countries inluding the U.S. The Cuautitlan plant where the North American Fiesta is going to be manufactured is currently undergoing retooling for the Fiesta. They used to build heavy duty F-Series trucks for the Latin American market.

As far as what's going to be standard equipment and what's going to be optional is unknown at this time. Anything to the contrary is just pure speculation. What is known at this time is that the U.S. Fiesta will be: 5 door hatchback and 4 door sedan, 1.6 liter Ti-VCT engine (only engine at this time), 5 speed manual transmission or optional 6 speed dual clutch automatic. From the spy pics that I've seen the 4 door sedan doesn't look nearly as nice looking as the 5 door hatchback. Sam De La Garza, Ford Fiesta and Focus brand manager was recently asked if a 3 door hatchback is in the offing and he stated that it was definitely something Ford was looking into. They can always add a 3 door hatchback in subsequent model years.

There is also going to be an all new, redesigned 2011 Ford Focus also going on sale next year. Ford has indicated that it will be a simultaneous global launch (North America, Europe, and Asia). It's been confirmed that the U.S. will get a 5 door hatchback and 4 door sedan. It is hoped that a 3 door hatchback and wagon will be added. Hopefully it will make it's debut at either the Los Angeles Auto Show in December '09 or the NAIAS in Detroit in January 2010. By the way, this will be a "global" Focus. The U.S. and Europe will once again have the same Focus. There will only be slight differences for each market. I'm greatly looking forward to this all new Focus coming out. From what I've heard from the Ford brass is that it will be an outstanding car. We in the U.S. have envied Europeans for so long because the Focus they have now is awesome. It's been the best selling car in Great Britain for 10 years straight! WOW!! Way to go Ford Motor Company!
Old 20-04-2009, 03:30 PM   #11
fiestadude
Starter Motor

By the way, the Fiesta Movement is now getting underway here in the U.S. This is a program in which Ford loans 100 European spec 5 door Fiesta hatchbacks to these agents for 6 months all expenses paid (gas, insurance). The agents must report there experiences via Youtube, Twitter, Facebook, etc. which the public can view. Ford will also be sending the agents on monthly missions to various places. The experiences reported by the agents will be unfiltered by Ford. There were over 4,400 applications submitted. Ford had 140 Fiesta hatchbacks shipped over from Cologne, Germany (100 for the Fiesta Movement and 40 extra for the various Ride and Drive events Ford will be conducting throughout the U.S. this spring and summer). The Ride and Drive events are supposed to start sometime in early to mid May. If you want to check out more info regarding the Fiesta Movement just go to www.fiestamovement.com
Old 20-04-2009, 04:55 PM   #12
Candyman2
Zetec 09 5 DR in Vision

Quote:
Speaking of Mexico some of the best built cars in the world are manufactured in Mexico.
Wouldn't be hard to beat USA build .... ;)

Quote:
As far as what's going to be standard equipment and what's going to be optional is unknown at this time. Anything to the contrary is just pure speculation. What is known at this time is that the U.S. Fiesta will be: 5 door hatchback and 4 door sedan, 1.6 liter Ti-VCT engine (only engine at this time), 5 speed manual transmission or optional 6 speed dual clutch automatic.
Do you have a Ford source for this or is it pure speculation .... specifically the 6 speed dual clutch. Ford mentioned some time ago the EcoBoost would be offered. Ford officially have said they will offer the 1.6 but have not made a decision on other engines (that was the Ford TSB sent a week ago).

Quote:
From the spy pics that I've seen the 4 door sedan doesn't look nearly as nice looking as the 5 door hatchback.
They have already shown the sedan at the China motor show.

Looks stunning.

Quote:
Sam De La Garza, Ford Fiesta and Focus brand manager was recently asked if a 3 door hatchback is in the offing and he stated that it was definitely something Ford was looking into. They can always add a 3 door hatchback in subsequent model years.
They already sell one here. USA is always so far behind.

You seem to be getting most of your info from Google (based on cutting and pasting some of your text into Google searches.)
Old 21-04-2009, 04:53 AM   #13
fiestadude
Starter Motor

Quote:
Wouldn't be hard to beat USA build .... ;)

Do you have a Ford source for this or is it pure speculation .... specifically the 6 speed dual clutch. Ford mentioned some time ago the EcoBoost would be offered. Ford officially have said they will offer the 1.6 but have not made a decision on other engines (that was the Ford TSB sent a week ago).

They have already shown the sedan at the China motor show.

Looks stunning.

They already sell one here. USA is always so far behind.

You seem to be getting most of your info from Google (based on cutting and pasting some of your text into Google searches.)
Wrong Candyman! The entire text of my posts are from me and only me. Absolutely nothing I've stated is copy/pasted from Google. Your accusations are completely baseless. Additionally my source of information is Sam De La Garza, Ford Focus and Fiesta Brand Manager and additional facts from the Ford news website.

The U.S. Fiesta sedan will look slightly different from the Chinese Fiesta sedan. The U.S. has differently safety regulations so the front and rear bumpers will be different from the ones you've seen on the Chinese sedan. Also the front grill will be different from the Chinese sedan as well. My squawk with the U.S. Fiesta sedan is the extraordinarily large rear overhang. "Stunning" would definitely be in the eye of the beholder.

Per Sam De La Garza there are no plans for an 1.6 Ecoboost Fiesta in the U.S. at this time. He did say that is something Ford is looking into. Mr. De La Garza stated this during a Q&A session in Anaheim, Ca recently. Check out the 2011 Fiesta U.S. website regarding the transmission. A Powershift automatic will be optional (this is a 6 speed automatic).
Old 21-04-2009, 07:03 AM   #14
greenfoam
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

fiestadude is obsessed I like it. Ours is still going perfect, more than half way to the first oil change (which I think should have been along time ago) but I'm going to take soem full synth in there and tell them to stick that in when the time comes and see what happens then
greenfoam is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-04-2009, 07:24 AM   #15
south21

I am up to 10,000ks and I went to ford and purchased a filter and oil and changed it myself at 8000ks, easy as. The only trouble I had was undoing the filter tight son of a and also there is a hose that comes out of the sump directly under the filter when you undo filter oil is going to go all over it so I covered mine up oil and rubber hoses don't mix.
south21 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-04-2009, 03:25 PM   #16
Candyman2
Zetec 09 5 DR in Vision

Quote:
Wrong Candyman! The entire text of my posts are from me and only me. Absolutely nothing I've stated is copy/pasted from Google. Your accusations are completely baseless.
Sheesh, chill dude ???

I got info from the same sources as you (Garza incl) but then called two Ford dealers I know extremely well in Illinois (our home town) to double check the info.

I'd like to know where you got the info on the USA sedan as the details on it's changes vs the one shown at shows has not been released. When I talked with the dealers in my home town, neither had heard anything, even on the grapevine about sedan changes specific for the USA market.

Seems you are jumping the gun mate.
Old 21-04-2009, 03:26 PM   #17
Candyman2
Zetec 09 5 DR in Vision

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenfoam
fiestadude is obsessed
One word for it
Old 21-04-2009, 03:27 PM   #18
Candyman2
Zetec 09 5 DR in Vision

Quote:
Originally Posted by south21
I am up to 10,000ks and I went to ford and purchased a filter and oil and changed it myself at 8000ks, easy as. The only trouble I had was undoing the filter tight son of a and also there is a hose that comes out of the sump directly under the filter when you undo filter oil is going to go all over it so I covered mine up oil and rubber hoses don't mix.
Being a new car and new model and being a Ford, I'm sticking with dealer service.

Not giving them any chance to get out of a warranty claim ...
Old 21-04-2009, 03:38 PM   #19
fiestadude
Starter Motor

Quote:
Sheesh, chill dude ???

I got info from the same sources as you (Garza incl) but then called two Ford dealers I know extremely well in Illinois (our home town) to double check the info.

I'd like to know where you got the info on the USA sedan as the details on it's changes vs the one shown at shows has not been released. When I talked with the dealers in my home town, neither had heard anything, even on the grapevine about sedan changes specific for the USA market.

Seems you are jumping the gun mate.
Here's a link to an Autoweek article presenting 5 spy pics of the U.S. Fiesta sedan out making its rounds. To me, the profile pic is pretty hideous. But maybe that's just me. Actually no gun jumping here mate. Just stating the facts as they've been presented.

http://www.autoweek.com/article/2009...NEWS/904109985
Old 21-04-2009, 04:02 PM   #20
greenfoam
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by south21
I would have changed the oil ages ago like I do with all my cars but I don't know how they like that warrenty wise:??
greenfoam is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-04-2009, 04:18 PM   #21
kiwijohn42
Death B4 Decaf

Mine was changing it between services.
Old 21-04-2009, 04:21 PM   #22
fiestadude
Starter Motor

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenfoam
fiestadude is obsessed I like it. Ours is still going perfect, more than half way to the first oil change (which I think should have been along time ago) but I'm going to take soem full synth in there and tell them to stick that in when the time comes and see what happens then
Thanks for the support greenfoam!
Old 21-04-2009, 04:31 PM   #23
Ben85

I change my oil every odd 7500k's, and get it serviced the other 7500k's by my own mechanic, havent had any trouble with warranty and my car is nearly three :(

Interior:- MOMO Blue Leather Gear Knob, Window tint, Scuff Plates, ST Black & Blue Leather seats, Soundstream Amp & 5x7 speakers, Sony Headunit, Pioneer sub & Amp.

Under the Hood:- Superchips ECU Flash Tune, Denso Iridium plugs, KV85 Magnecor Leads, BMC CDA Induction.

Exterior:- Spoiler, clear side repeaters, Lowered (35mm) King Springs, Whiteline 22mm Rear sway bar, 2" cat back exhaust with a dual conversion, Konig 17" Hotswap with Kumho Rubber, HID's.
Ben85 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-04-2009, 04:57 PM   #24
Candyman2
Zetec 09 5 DR in Vision

Quote:
Here's a link to an Autoweek article presenting 5 spy pics of the U.S. Fiesta sedan out making its rounds. To me, the profile pic is pretty hideous. But maybe that's just me. Actually no gun jumping here mate. Just stating the facts as they've been presented.
So you are basing your comments on spy shots (where everyone knows they add various panel treatments) on the looks of the supposedly different sedan the USA is getting.

To quote your own words ...pure conjecture mate.

Not many facts there at all

As for oil changes on the new WS, I'll be using the manufacturers regime.
Old 21-04-2009, 05:07 PM   #25
Ben85

Quote:
As for oil changes on the new WS, I'll be using the manufacturers regime.
Well thats totally upto you mate, but i left the oil in there 15000k's and it looked black when it came out. But again your decision. Be careful getting your car serviced at Ford as well, because i kno for a fact that some often dont use the best oil, or the oil thats reccomended. I had my 3000km free service and they put shell helix in 15w something, when the book recomends 5w 30. Plus they want to charge around the $200-$250, when you can get it serviced at other mechnics for between $100-$150, my last service cost me $120. But again totally upto you.

Interior:- MOMO Blue Leather Gear Knob, Window tint, Scuff Plates, ST Black & Blue Leather seats, Soundstream Amp & 5x7 speakers, Sony Headunit, Pioneer sub & Amp.

Under the Hood:- Superchips ECU Flash Tune, Denso Iridium plugs, KV85 Magnecor Leads, BMC CDA Induction.

Exterior:- Spoiler, clear side repeaters, Lowered (35mm) King Springs, Whiteline 22mm Rear sway bar, 2" cat back exhaust with a dual conversion, Konig 17" Hotswap with Kumho Rubber, HID's.
Old 21-04-2009, 05:44 PM   #26
Vision Zetec
Hurry up Germany!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben85
Well thats totally upto you mate, but i left the oil in there 15000k's and it looked black when it came out. But again your decision. Be careful getting your car serviced at Ford as well, because i kno for a fact that some often dont use the best oil, or the oil thats reccomended. I had my 3000km free service and they put shell helix in 15w something, when the book recomends 5w 30. Plus they want to charge around the $200-$250, when you can get it serviced at other mechnics for between $100-$150, my last service cost me $120. But again totally upto you.
Ok cheers, will watch out for that.

So which 5w 30 oil do you recommend? A fully synthetic one?
Old 21-04-2009, 05:51 PM   #27
Ben85

I use the Castrol Edge sport 5w 30. Its about $50 at supercheap. And is fully synthetic. Works a treat.

Old 21-04-2009, 06:30 PM   #28
Vision Zetec
Hurry up Germany!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben85
I use the Castrol Edge sport 5w 30. Its about $50 at supercheap. And is fully synthetic. Works a treat.
Hmm just looked it up, looks pretty good! I wonder if I can ask the dealer to fill her up on that on delivery...
Old 21-04-2009, 09:23 PM   #29
kiwijohn42
Death B4 Decaf

I've found it easier to buy it yourself & take it with you at service time.
Old 21-04-2009, 09:34 PM   #30
Vision Zetec
Hurry up Germany!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwijohn42
I've found it easier to buy it yourself & take it with you at service time.
Yeah good point. I wonder if it comes with oil in it tho before the dealer can touch it?