Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 20-05-2023, 09:59 PM   #4981
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: Your outstanding contributions to this community have not gone unnoticed. IN my view you are a worthy recipient of the (rarely used) Chairman's Award. 
Default Re: Geez! I hate that!

Drove the mostly-reassembled Commodore up to the workshop yesterday afternoon to do the brake test for its pink slip.

Second-hand radiator has a fine, hidden crack in the bottom tank. Not enough to cause overheating issues on a 36km round trip but enough to maintain a steady drip under normal operation.
Citroënbender is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
4 users like this post:
Old 21-05-2023, 12:45 AM   #4982
.:4:.
Kicking back

I was in a supermarket today, it was quite busy so the checkout lines were rather long. That part of things is fine. What was annoying and i consider quite inconsiderate, in 2 of the lines for the registers were people with their phones on loudspeaker having loud conversations.
.:4:. is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
5 users like this post:
Old 21-05-2023, 08:01 AM   #4983
five 7
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by .:4:. View Post
I was in a supermarket today, it was quite busy so the checkout lines were rather long. That part of things is fine. What was annoying and i consider quite inconsiderate, in 2 of the lines for the registers were people with their phones on loudspeaker having loud conversations.
Play some annoying music on your phone, fight fire with fire.
five 7 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
4 users like this post:
Old 21-05-2023, 10:03 AM   #4984
roKWiz
Cabover nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by five 7 View Post
Play some annoying music on your phone, fight fire with fire.
or start talking really loudly over them, done it ourselves.

roKWiz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
5 users like this post:
Old 21-05-2023, 05:09 PM   #4985
DFB FGXR6
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For the excellent car-care guide 

Quote:
Originally Posted by .:4:. View Post
A very frustrating situation, and I say that as a customer and a retailer.

As a customer, its like, why is this conversation so important that everyone needs to hear it?

As a retailer, I can't believe the shear rudeness that people think is acceptable when it comes to phones. Stopping me mid-sentence to answer a phone call, leaving me the just stand there and wait for the phone call to be over is out of line. If I don't wait for the phone call to be over, I'm not giving good customer service. Nine times out of ten, there is no apology, they just pick up the phone and cut you off like a pleb. And yet, if I did the same, I would be flamed by the customer and then the boss.
Mustang GT

T3 TS50 - gone but not forgotten
DFB FGXR6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
5 users like this post:
Old 21-05-2023, 05:27 PM   #4986
DFB FGXR6
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For the excellent car-care guide 

Entitled, difficult customers who think that being an *** is acceptable because "the customer is always right" mentality. Yesterday, it was a constant stream of Karen's who behaved like entitled spoilt brats.

One woman approached me and asked, with a straight face, "do you know anything about plants?" (Cue, the husband cringing!)

Me - No darl, I have just worked here for 20 years................is what I should have said.

Me (for real) - How can I help?

Karen - "I have some Pink Pixie's that are dying, do you know what they are?"

Me - Escallonia?

Karen - "Oh, so you do know them, good, well I keep losing them in a random manner, what is happening".

Me - Not good, where did you leave them last...................is what I should have said.

Me (for real) - It's most likely either a soil pH problem, inconsistent watering or some sort of insect infestation, it's hard to diagnose without a picture or sample. If you can, bring in a sample of soil and the plant itself and we can investigate further, at no charge.

Karen - We are from out of town, but thanks for the advise.

Me - Ok, so you came in here, insulted me in a matter of fact way, and then asked for free advice with no intention of buying anything........................is what I should have said.

Me (for real) - no problem, have a nice day.
Mustang GT

5 users like this post:
Old 21-05-2023, 05:58 PM   #4987
roKWiz
Cabover nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by DFB FGXR6 View Post

As a customer, its like, why is this conversation so important that everyone needs to hear it?

As a retailer, I can't believe the shear rudeness that people think is acceptable when it comes to phones. Stopping me mid-sentence to answer a phone call, leaving me the just stand there and wait for the phone call to be over is out of line. If I don't wait for the phone call to be over, I'm not giving good customer service. Nine times out of ten, there is no apology, they just pick up the phone and cut you off like a pleb. And yet, if I did the same, I would be flamed by the customer and then the boss.
I would have just walked off.
Mind you some spare parts places (usually Repco) love to answer the phone and just leave you standing there.

Old 21-05-2023, 06:05 PM   #4988
kevino
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by roKWiz View Post
I would have just walked off.
Mind you some spare parts places (usually Repco) love to answer the phone and just leave you standing there.
Oh yeah
Repco
Stand there a can of tyre shine in your hand offering a ten dollar note and yeah they answer the phone to usually a timewaster
kevino is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 21-05-2023, 06:13 PM   #4989
GasoLane
Former BTIKD
Donating Member2

Quote:
My local Chemist has this sign...feel free to copy and post it at your place

Last edited by GasoLane; 21-05-2023 at 10:35 PM.
GasoLane is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-05-2023, 07:25 AM   #4990
roKWiz
Cabover nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by GasoLane View Post
My local Chemist has this sign...feel free to copy and post it at your place
The old chippie at Heatherbrae (wonder if the trawler is still there) had a similar sign only theirs was outright rude.

Old 22-05-2023, 11:20 AM   #4991
danzvtil
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Entitled, difficult customers who think that being an *** is acceptable because "the customer is always right" mentality. Yesterday, it was a constant stream of Karen's who behaved like entitled spoilt brats.

One woman approached me and asked, with a straight face, "do you know anything about plants?" (Cue, the husband cringing!)

Me - No darl, I have just worked here for 20 years................is what I should have said.

Me (for real) - How can I help?

Karen - "I have some Pink Pixie's that are dying, do you know what they are?"

Me - Escallonia?

Karen - "Oh, so you do know them, good, well I keep losing them in a random manner, what is happening".

Me - Not good, where did you leave them last...................is what I should have said.

Me (for real) - It's most likely either a soil pH problem, inconsistent watering or some sort of insect infestation, it's hard to diagnose without a picture or sample. If you can, bring in a sample of soil and the plant itself and we can investigate further, at no charge.

Karen - We are from out of town, but thanks for the advise.

Me - Ok, so you came in here, insulted me in a matter of fact way, and then asked for free advice with no intention of buying anything........................is what I should have said.

Me (for real) - no problem, have a nice day.
I think this type of customer is as bad as the ditherer. I was in a country bakery, it’s lunch time, there’s a line up. A Karen with a husband and 2 kids is next in line obviously living their best lives. They get to the front and she’s “ So, what’s good??”. She spends eternity deciding what to order, waits for it to be bagged up, taken to the checkout, then gives the next item. Walk BACK to the oven, bag it up, return to the check out, then turns to spawn number 2, “ Now what do you want Sebastian???”. Spawn is as indecisive as his mother.
This lack of courtesy should be punishable by death.

2019 LDV G10
2009 Mitsubishi Express-GONE
2011 Honda Jazz
Old 22-05-2023, 11:53 AM   #4992
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: Your outstanding contributions to this community have not gone unnoticed. IN my view you are a worthy recipient of the (rarely used) Chairman's Award. 

To my shame, there is a broad streak of that in my family. I’m the one who might be losing their marbles at alarming speed, but they still trump me with time wasted before either choices are made or inevitable conclusions reached. It’s like - to use a café as example - I’ll look forward to enjoying good food while others look forward to daydreaming over the menu.
3 users like this post:
Old 22-05-2023, 12:51 PM   #4993
FoxtrotGolfXray 5.0
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Willingly providing technical info and documents, despite glitches. 

Quote:

My mum used to manage a cafe that was located in the local shopping centre. Part of their setup was the precooked food sitting ready for consumption in the brain Marie, so you could imagine the number of people that stopped to order something whilst they were in their phone.

When they tried to order, mum would just tell them that when ordering their food was their number one priority, she would treat them as her number one customer and walk away.

Imagine the shock when these people would go to the cafe owners to complain about mum's lack of customer service and the owner would just say "I agree with her! " Priceless!

Life is a journey, not a destination.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Daily: 2013 FGII EcoLPi in Winter White
Play: 2015 FG X XR8 in Emperor Show' N Shine thread

Gone, but not forgotten: 2015 SZII petrol Titanium Territory in Emperor
FoxtrotGolfXray 5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
5 users like this post:
Old 23-05-2023, 10:43 AM   #4994
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

I spotted something potentially useful to me on Fleabay, a used car part.

Sent the seller a polite message after recent skirmishes with the Baltic gypsies “You’ve got to pay €70 more freight now or we cancel your order”… Did they still have the piece, as per pictures and description?

No reply, but the mongrels put the part’s price up 95%!
3 users like this post:
Old 23-05-2023, 03:30 PM   #4995
Tonz
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

so if you used PayPal for payment, lodge a claim either them.
give as much info as you can including copies or emails etc and you shouldn't have a problem.
if PayPal thinks you are genuine they send a please explain to the seller, if the seller takes offence it goes into arbitration. If the seller does not reply you will get a refund.
we got one for a piece of machinery $2.5K
Old 23-05-2023, 04:55 PM   #4996
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

I hadn’t proceeded with the purchase at the point of inquiry.

This one was local (Sydney) but I’m a bit gun-shy of wreckers after two out of three recent panels were far more scratched than indicated (both by pictures and inventory label) and a used radiator cracked.

I’m disappointed to not have received any communications. Do they think I’ll just put down several hundred dollars on a maybe? I don’t do gambling, I just wanted to know if I was wasting my time trying to buy it. Which in a roundabout way, I was.
Old 23-05-2023, 04:59 PM   #4997
roKWiz
Cabover nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Citroënbender View Post
I hadn’t proceeded with the purchase at the point of inquiry.

This one was local (Sydney) but I’m a bit gun-shy of wreckers after two out of three recent panels were far more scratched than indicated (both by pictures and inventory label) and a used radiator cracked.

I’m disappointed to not have received any communications. Do they think I’ll just put down several hundred dollars on a maybe? I don’t do gambling, I just wanted to know if I was wasting my time trying to buy it. Which in a roundabout way, I was.
Bit much being local and doing that.

Old 23-05-2023, 06:05 PM   #4998
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

I don’t consider myself as having 90 minutes spare in the middle of a dry, sunny, stretch to run around for a “maybe”. I group my errands and try to travel efficiently. Just like I don’t expect someone to attend a site and quote in reasonable detail for nothing.

It would have been polite of the seller to thank me for raising their awareness of something they’d apparently underpriced.
This user likes this post:
Old 25-05-2023, 08:15 PM   #4999
Kicking back

I was a bit dissapointed about the lack of entertainment from the bike L plate course i completed today. I heard great things about this course.
My brothers mates 16 year old daughter got her bike L's a couple months back and whilst she passed with flying colours had some fun storys about the prac part. Stuff like people forgetting to put the stand down when getting off the bike and dropping it, coming to a stop and forgetting to put a foot down and going down with the bike, stuff like that.
I saw none of that. All the persons in my group had some form of experience riding petrol powered motor horses and a cb125e is hard to call a petrol powered motor horse, but we all breezed through this course. There was 2 classes running and the other instructor did a lot of yelling at the other group, but still nope, none of those persons dropped a bike either.
The 4 guys and myself in the group i was in got our certificates of competence.
Old 27-05-2023, 08:57 PM   #5000
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

Are you going to be a postie?
Old 28-05-2023, 02:06 PM   #5001
Kicking back

Quote:
Are you going to be a postie?
Nah. Main reason i did the course was to get my brother off my back. He has been on me for years as his hobby is riding.
At the start of the 1st day the instructor asked the basic questions to guage people a little bit. One bloke had been riding for a while unlicenced so decided to get one. Next bloke had his Ls but lost them speeding. Next bloke failed the manual licence course (how is that possible) so was doing the fruit booter licence because he was wanting a job as an uber delivery rider as his bmw 650 convertible (yes an expensive car) used too much fuel for uber deliveries. Next bloke rode trail bikes and to ride in national parks you need a licence, and me, well, just for something to do really, ridden dirtbikes as a teenager but that was 20 years ago.
The instructor was good. At the very start he said he has to teach out of the handbook and doesnt 100% agree with it but has to teach it. So, also there was no class clown. Yeah even with the teacher we joked about stuff here and there but nothing to slow the course up. One thing the instructor did have something to say about which im sure is common sense. For safety gear all his course handbook says is a helmet that meets the Australian standard. So technically you can ride starkers but aslong as the helmets up to scratch, its fine. But the instructor was one do drill in proper safety gear. I agree, im sure a lot of people know someone who has come off a bike and has been better off with full kit on as opposed to the other bloke wearing a singlet and shorts.
Old 01-06-2023, 10:15 PM   #5002
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

Is anyone else getting spammed by “Biigga”? It seems to be a payday lending strategy applied to small business.

I can’t work out why I would be on a list of theirs - never applied for any business loans with anyone.
Old 02-06-2023, 10:07 AM   #5003
jaydee
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Is anyone else getting spammed by “Biigga”? It seems to be a payday lending strategy applied to small business.

I can’t work out why I would be on a list of theirs - never applied for any business loans with anyone.
No, but I keep getting calls in Chinese from a Sydney number.
2 users like this post:
Old 02-06-2023, 11:55 AM   #5004
roKWiz
Cabover nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaydee View Post
No, but I keep getting calls in Chinese from a Sydney number.
Was that you ? Sorry, I've been practicing.

4 users like this post:
Old 02-06-2023, 08:08 PM   #5005
mad2
Regular...with metamusal
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by roKWiz View Post
Was that you ? Sorry, I've been practicing.

i have all your numbers . . . . .
mad2 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 02-06-2023, 08:28 PM   #5006
DFB FGXR6
Donating Member
Donating Member3

I'm not sure when "reaction" video's became a thing, but most of them are by people who know absolutely nothing about what they are "reacting" too.

If you are going sit in front of camera to talk about something, at least do some research about it before press record and start talking cr.p.
Mustang GT

Old 02-06-2023, 09:00 PM   #5007
danzvtil
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Did this dufus try to drop start it as well?

Typical mouth breather behaviour, you can see it about to happen a mile off with the inevitable “Awwww NOEEEEE! It broke!” *acts surprised* Dumb@ss.

2019 LDV G10
2009 Mitsubishi Express-GONE
2011 Honda Jazz

Last edited by GasoLane; 03-06-2023 at 01:55 PM.
danzvtil is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-06-2023, 09:42 PM   #5008
DFB FGXR6
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by danzvtil View Post
Did this dufus try to drop start it as well?

Typical mouth breather behaviour, you can see it about to happen a mile off with the inevitable “Awwww NOEEEEE! It broke!” *acts surprised* Dumb@ss.
I don't want to call him a dumb *** because he is a very nice person and tries hard to please. While he can drive to work and care for himself, he is somewhat mentally challenged. Previous employers and an ex-wife have shamefully taken advantage of him.

The biggest hurdle is when changes are made to his routine or when presented with new or different tasks. Yesterday, he was doing the same thing with the pressure washer, despite being shown how to do it, and told not to run it without the water turned on.

So, it's just frustrating that despite being shown yesterday, he didn't take any of it in. The end result is a $500 lack of comprehension.
Mustang GT

Old 02-06-2023, 10:28 PM   #5009
Kicking back

Had an apprentice like that sorta. Nicest guy in the universe but he was to put it politely, a dope. The boss took him on as a favour to his uncle who was my boss's mate. At the end of his 4 years this guy was still failing 1st year subjects at tafe. He had no fear of failure.
Anyhow, back to busting equipment. The boss was cracking a mad **** at the projects guys because every couple weeks they'd kill drills. With a crew of say 6 on 1 site, when the new drill dies, pack mentality, no one owns up to it. So what the boss did in an attempt to stop breakage and get some accountability was to buy every project monkey their own drill so that if they break their drill its their fault. Well, that did not work.
So even though i was a service guy, the boss took me out to lunch and asked me if i had any ideas why these guys are so hard on drills. I told him exactly why, its purely how the person running the job runs the job and a few other factors. So i was asked to explain how i run jobs and i did, my drill at that point was 11 years old.
A few days later i went for smoko with the projects boys who were annoyed as they had a meeting getting told off and how to run sites better etc. So my way but the boss didnt tell them he spoke to me. They were annoyed because the way the did stuff was the way they had always done stuff.
A few weeks later my old drill wore out, so i called the boss to ask for a new set of brushes as that was the issue. The following saturday it was all hands on deck doing a mains changeover and to make an example of me, the boss infront of everyone asks how old my dead drill was. I said 11 and asked if he got me brushes for it? Nope, he got me a top of the line makita drill and impact kit. I wasnt complaining at all, sweet bit of kit. But the child in everyone else came out. Why did i get a good drill just because my old one broke, they break drills all the time? No, my old drill wore out, breakage is different.

Last edited by GasoLane; 03-06-2023 at 11:42 AM. Reason: Posting deleted post
2 users like this post:
Old 02-06-2023, 11:38 PM   #5010
MITCHAY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I always pay for taking a day off. I have been going around in circles for years with this particular team and have offered solutions.

But we have a 3rd party involved now who were kicking it along and when I came back on Tuesday they finally accepted my solution which I sent 3 weeks ago....

I have worked on the technical solution this week so now I can **** them off soon with all the data to prove it
MITCHAY is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post: