Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Focus

Old 09-01-2020, 08:35 AM   #1
brucewarring

Talking LS Ghia Duretec HE 2.0l Coil Packs

I have found two different type of coils on my car its going ok but I would like to replace them with the same type. Could I get a suitable recomendation please as they are plenty on ebay but range from $20.00each to $120.00 each.
A;so might as well change the plugs best please? Thanks in advance...Bruce
brucewarring is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-01-2020, 09:51 AM   #2
GTLEGEND
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Every advice post I visit where OP are seeking advice for their new vehicle, he is there and adds valuable support and advice for rectifying the problem. Really is a Legend. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: The quality of information he provides is in depth and highly valued by those posting questions. 
Default Re: LS Ghia Duretec HE 2.0l Coil Packs

I would recommend genuine coils 4M5E 12A366 AA and plugs 3S4J 12405 AB or K2MZ 12405 C.

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Genuine-...UAAOSwC51dRKAM

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/FORD-LS-...frcectupt=true

That way you know they will fit and be the best for your vehicle. The difference is genuine!
GTLEGEND is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-01-2020, 01:27 PM   #3
Swan Ignition Coil
Ignition Coil Distributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by brucewarring View Post
I have found two different type of coils on my car its going ok but I would like to replace them with the same type. Could I get a suitable recomendation please as they are plenty on ebay but range from $20.00each to $120.00 each.
A;so might as well change the plugs best please? Thanks in advance...Bruce

Having two different branded coils in the car isn't really an issue as long as they are both of a reliable and good quality.

Genuine over aftermarket, well that's a debate that will gone of for ever, each side has it's view, so it's up to each individual to make their own informed decision. We back our brand fully for your car.

https://acaparts.com.au/ford-focus-l...5-10-c307.html

As for the spark plugs, NGK ITR6F13 are suited and they are Iridium which is the highest quality in sparks.
This user likes this post:
Old 02-02-2020, 09:52 AM   #4
brucewarring

Thank you for the reply and the advice....in the process of ordering....Bruce
Old 01-06-2020, 08:35 AM   #5
brucewarring

Thank you Swan and ACA for the great help and service got the coil packs and the plugs easy to fit and car goes great
Old 01-06-2020, 10:26 AM   #6
Swan Ignition Coil
Ignition Coil Distributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by brucewarring View Post
Thank you Swan and ACA for the great help and service got the coil packs and the plugs easy to fit and car goes great

Hi Bruce, you're very much so welcomed. Thank you for taking the time to post your feedback.