Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 17-02-2020, 06:50 PM   #31
simon varley
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Bringing sanity to the Everest threads. 
Default Re: Ford shakes up management after bruising year

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sprintey View Post
the very criticisms you point at current management may see you get sidelined or cut in favour of someone more diverse?
don't worry. I plateaued a long time ago.

and in truth after the upsets of the last 12 months I think everyone left standing in Ford Oz finally realises that we are all just numbers to American bean counters.
simon varley is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 17-02-2020, 09:46 PM   #32
Sprintey
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Ford shakes up management after bruising year

FWIW graduating in the early 1990s was an absolute disaster, jobs and career wise, and if it taught me one thing it was to create as much self reliance as possible. Supposedly the worst time for work since the Great Depression. I was lucky enough to develop, eventually, by the mid 2000s, a good career path (in a field I was not trained for, but so many of our mates graduating did not work in their field of study) and the WA minerals boom elevated many of us into big hours/big money made. Later, I got sick and couldn't continue - but I'd been very frugal (caused in part by the zeitgeist graduated into) and done OK, so could continue on in my current path. Maybe it will be maverick Aussie engineers that launch the local, locally owned, electric "Holden" of the future - and give the big corporates and all their PC HR bullsHt a bit of a fright. The Carbon Revolution guys have blazed a great path (co-invested with the Uni so yes I think they had a bit of help on top of their great methods and ideas)

Early 1990s joke:
What did the Economics graduate say to the Arts graduate?
"Fill 'er up."
What did the Law graduate say to the Economics graduate?
"Big Mac please."