Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Focus

Old 09-11-2008, 08:20 PM   #1
GTP370
2005 BA II GTP

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Excellent breakdown of costs associated with importing a pre-89 car from the U.S.  Very helpful to others and at least two other guys will use the provided info to make their dreams reality.. 
Default White Focus

Just checking if anyone has experienced the same issues we are having with our white 2007 Zetec.

About a month back Ford buffed the whole car under Ford warranty due to the paint looking stained E.g. dirty water marks that could not be polished away. Also before the buff, looked like a semi matt finish, certainly not what you would expect on a newish car.

Once buffed car looked great, as it should.

Now I have noticed exact same problem again after the car has been washed and will be taking it back to Ford tomorrow.

The car is not garaged at all times, but I would expect better...we also took the paint protection option when purchased new.

I would be interested to know if any of you guys that have a white Focus and have experienced the same issue.

Cheers,

Paul.

GTP370 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-11-2008, 10:38 PM   #2
Mullett
Badly Focused

A number of things: first, if they buffed it, the paint protection that you paid for is gone. Second, buffing it will take a layer off, but it's certainly not a fix. If it's done it again, I'd be demanding a respray, and a damn good job of it.

-RM.

93 GSR/Evo3...too much to mention, 12.2sec 1/4, FOR SALE!

*Maybe we don't try putting holes in things that sink, yeah?*
Mullett is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-11-2008, 11:49 PM   #3
TITO
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

My wifes Zetec is 2008 and so far no trouble with the paint.
TITO is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-11-2008, 12:43 AM   #4
819_FLY

I have had similar problem with my car, but it is black, I paid for this so called X-Pack and they bleated about how good it is, unfortunately in the first few days of owning the car (driving from Townsville to Adelaide the day after I got it delivered) out near bourke it copped a showering of pebbles from a road train and stone chips all over the front of the car and couple of chips in the windscreen. However, I like my car to be shiny, I wash it and yet everytime it is dry all these watermarks are still visible, not big stains, but heaps of little dirty rings, even when wiping the body down with a chamois it still has them come up, either Ford have done the dodge and not applied this wonder stuff, or it just isn't that good as they praise and sell it for a quick profit, Im not happy considering all the things go wrong with my car have been directly related to the towns only workshop. :(

Ah yeah got the car start of September 08 and due for its 15000km service in about a months time :p

Check out 819FLY!!
819_FLY is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-11-2008, 05:23 PM   #5
Mullett
Badly Focused

Yeah, again, get onto ford Customer care, especially since the product they sold you doesn't really sound like a Ford approved product...

-RM.

Old 10-11-2008, 08:20 PM   #6
GTP370
2005 BA II GTP

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Excellent breakdown of costs associated with importing a pre-89 car from the U.S.  Very helpful to others and at least two other guys will use the provided info to make their dreams reality.. 

Thanks guy's for your input.

For the record, it turn's out we did not get paint protection for this car. Never the less paint in my books is not acceptable.

Today I took the car back to Ford.

I got a bit annoyed with comments such as this particular colour is not so good but when I asked whether they have seen this on other white Focus's the answer was no. Also suggesting I do not use vinyl protection products on the rubber as this stains paint (first time I have ever experienced this one). Then because the car is not always garaged. etc.. Then started telling me how paint can be faulty in production.

After further discussion with their authorised panel shop we all agreed the paint on this car is not acceptable.

So Ford will be calling me for the car to be inspected by an authorised member as photos will not show.

At this point, if approved the bonnet will be resprayed with clear (apparently Focus's are not painted with clear) and the remainder of the car will be assessed so I don't have to go back and forward.

Pain in the...
Old 10-11-2008, 08:21 PM   #7
Blackfocus
Starter Motor

Dont get paint protection, it is a waste of money, the only way to keep your car looking good is to use good old fashioned polish. I have had paint protection on 2 cars and kicked myself for getting it a second time. The thing is you can never get your car looking good close up if you cant finish the clean properly and once those water marks get in the paint protection, you cant get them out unless you want to spend the time dropping your car off to the paint protection people every time you have washed it, and if you polish it yourself you will void your warranty.

The only way to get the marks out is to take it to the paint protection people and hope they don't pull a swifty on you.
Blackfocus is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-11-2008, 08:22 PM   #8
GTP370
2005 BA II GTP

Quote:
Originally Posted by 819_FLY
I have had similar problem with my car, but it is black, I paid for this so called X-Pack and they bleated about how good it is, unfortunately in the first few days of owning the car (driving from Townsville to Adelaide the day after I got it delivered) out near bourke it copped a showering of pebbles from a road train and stone chips all over the front of the car and couple of chips in the windscreen. However, I like my car to be shiny, I wash it and yet everytime it is dry all these watermarks are still visible, not big stains, but heaps of little dirty rings, even when wiping the body down with a chamois it still has them come up, either Ford have done the dodge and not applied this wonder stuff, or it just isn't that good as they praise and sell it for a quick profit, Im not happy considering all the things go wrong with my car have been directly related to the towns only workshop. :(

Ah yeah got the car start of September 08 and due for its 15000km service in about a months time :p
What do Ford have to say on this matter?
Old 10-11-2008, 09:38 PM   #9
Mullett
Badly Focused

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTP370
Thanks guy's for your input.

For the record, it turn's out we did not get paint protection for this car. Never the less paint in my books is not acceptable.

Today I took the car back to Ford.

I got a bit annoyed with comments such as this particular colour is not so good but when I asked whether they have seen this on other white Focus's the answer was no. Also suggesting I do not use vinyl protection products on the rubber as this stains paint (first time I have ever experienced this one). Then because the car is not always garaged. etc.. Then started telling me how paint can be faulty in production.

After further discussion with their authorised panel shop we all agreed the paint on this car is not acceptable.

So Ford will be calling me for the car to be inspected by an authorised member as photos will not show.

At this point, if approved the bonnet will be resprayed with clear (apparently Focus's are not painted with clear) and the remainder of the car will be assessed so I don't have to go back and forward.

Pain in the...

Exactly how it should be, but I'd be demanding that the whole car was sprayed in clear for your hassle, and don't take no for an answer.

-RM.

Old 10-11-2008, 11:30 PM   #10
819_FLY

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTP370
What do Ford have to say on this matter?
I havent actually spoken to them about it, Im not at all happy with the colour of the car, so I will be looking at most likely getting a different colour painted on it, just more so dissapointed about how they brag about such a product and yet it doesn't do squat. Its the first time I have bought a new car myself and thought it would be a wise move, unfortunately not, im only ever going to deal with Ford just for servicing and thats about it, it seems each time I take my car to them they mess it up (when I got the tinting fitted they were in such a rush to get out of the workshop and finish at 5 they left the drivers door trim unfitted 2 lugs trattling in the door trim, and the door handle shroud was loose because they didnt fit it properly, and this was the day I picked the car up). Unfortunately there seems to be always people that ruin the whole bunch and with myself being a mechanic I saw it as being pathetic and I would happily complain about this particular branch of Ford as their professionalism was second-rate and their work ethics seriously need to be looked at because it doesn't cut it with me, so I doubt I will be buying a car through them in the near future.

Check out 819FLY!!
Old 12-11-2008, 10:00 AM   #11
Velociraptor82
Eat my Brake Dust

Bugger......I'm sorry to hear all this....I hope the end result works out ok.

mind you all my paint is all covered up in vinyl.... LOL
Small Ford Sunday 2010 - Best Modified Car presented by the EuroFord Club

If I'm going to Hell, I'm going in a Ford

Velociraptor82 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-11-2008, 12:07 AM   #12
GTP370
2005 BA II GTP

Ford have agreed to paint and clear bonnet...I have also requested they checkout the rest of the panels so that I don't have to go back and forth.

It's a no brainer the car will need to be completly done.

Makes me laugh that the photos sent - how would they know. You have to see it in different angles to understand fully the issues.
Old 14-11-2008, 01:12 AM   #13
819_FLY

Hmmmm, took the missus shopping tonight and she pointed out some paintwork damage on the rear passenger door that some slammed their door into.... respray is enevitable now.... just a matter of when, what kit and what colour I guess...... needs some wheels aswell at some stage... god dam it!

Check out 819FLY!!
Old 14-11-2008, 08:03 PM   #14
GTP370
2005 BA II GTP

Quote:
Originally Posted by 819_FLY
Hmmmm, took the missus shopping tonight and she pointed out some paintwork damage on the rear passenger door that some slammed their door into.... respray is enevitable now.... just a matter of when, what kit and what colour I guess...... needs some wheels aswell at some stage... god dam it!
Hard life
Old 15-11-2008, 11:54 AM   #15
Buzz Box
Wheel Wally

Well mine has paint protection on it and it cost nothing - dirt lol

My little buzz box is:
Theoretically - White
Practically - 2 tonne going dark brown at the bottom to a light brown with white on top
Buzz Box is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-11-2008, 12:14 PM   #16
819_FLY

Yeah it seems so, had the car only a few months and its falling apart already hahaha... I wonder if warranty could replace it for me....

last time I checked dirt wasn't too good, but yeh my car seems to attract it alot.

Check out 819FLY!!