Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Focus

Old 20-08-2008, 07:55 AM   #1
bob^
LPS

Default Zetec seats

At the end of the year I'm looking at getting either a new Focus Zetec or a Mazda 3 Maxx. What really puts me off the Focus so far that the seats were horrible in the base model that I drove around for a week.
They felt quite hard, and didn't have a great deal of support. Are the seats in the Zetec any better?
Also do they have any cloth on the door trim at all? or are the trims the same as the base model?

Cheers

bob^ is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-08-2008, 12:56 PM   #2
BlackLS
yum

LX up have cloth in the door trims, the Zetec has brushed aluminium highlights as well.

The seats CL-Zetec are the same shape design with different patterns, the Ghia is also the same with leather.

BlackLS is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-08-2008, 01:14 PM   #3
tickin
FPV-Tickford Club of NSW

or there is the leather which we have... i think they may be the same seats just finished in leather though.
door trims are obviously also leather to match.
tickin is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-08-2008, 09:17 PM   #4
kuans

i had airbag-compatible seatcovers fitted to my zetec. For what's worth, the fabric seatcovers did enhance the comfort factor somewhat.
kuans is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-08-2008, 09:50 PM   #5
bob^
LPS

Cheers for the reply fellas. The not so much plastic on the door trims may help me sway towards the Focus.
bob^ is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-08-2008, 05:05 PM   #6
64ORD
1964 Thunderbird

The seats do feel firm on the Focus but I can tell you that for me anyway they are great when you drive for any extended length of time. We did a road trip a few weeks back and seats never felt uncomfortable. I also have lower back problems which was never an issue.
64ORD is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-08-2008, 03:41 PM   #7
eXtremist
2007 Ford Focus Zetec

I've got leather in my Focus LT Zetec Sedan, its really nice, you should have a look into it..
eXtremist is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-08-2008, 03:45 PM   #8
FORD5

I love the focus's, also maybe the seats just are new and stiff, like all new cars.
FORD5 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-08-2008, 06:16 PM   #9
marg99
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I find the seats firm but a little less "wrap around" than some other makes seats. Getting seat covers that suit the side airbags in the seats can be a challenge and reduces choices a bit.
marg99 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post