Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Closed Thread

Old 26-11-2011, 08:20 AM   #1
buggerlugs
If it ain't broke........
Donating Member1

Default Baby escapes dad's high speed "Racing" crash

http://www.news.com.au/national/baby...-1226206589514
Have a look how old the parent and his mate were.

Old 26-11-2011, 08:37 AM   #2
XRGhia
meh.
Donating Member3

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Contributions in the technical arena. 
Default Re: Baby escapes dad's high speed "Racing" crash

What an absolute ****wit.
Old 26-11-2011, 09:43 AM   #3
Jim Goose
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

And still these idiots breed.... I feel sorry for the child who will no doubt grow up in a loving environment.

Don't write off the Goose until you see the box going into the hole....
Old 26-11-2011, 12:07 PM   #4
wulos
Forum Director

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: All the behind-the-scenes effort. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: For his advice, tips/tricks in the Art and Photography section of the Forum. 

Show's just how easily these things can occur.
I am sure that when he lined up, against two other drivers he considered as his friends, the last thing on his mind would have been the fact that he may well kill one of his mates. Not to mention the fact the had his girlfriend, and 3month old daughter in the back of his own car.
Old 26-11-2011, 12:21 PM   #5
FGII-XR6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

street racing is bad enough but with a baby in the car I have 2 words to describe him. Oxygen theif

"It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt."

Start a new career as a bus driver

Rides:
FG2 XR6 stock at this stage but a very nice ride

xc 4 DOOR X CHASER 5.8 UNDER RESTO
Old 26-11-2011, 12:33 PM   #6
gtxb67
moderator ford coupe club

Quote:
Originally Posted by wulos
Show's just how easily these things can occur.
I am sure that when he lined up, against two other drivers he considered as his friends, the last thing on his mind would have been the fact that he may well kill one of his mates. Not to mention the fact the had his girlfriend, and 3month old daughter in the back of his own car.
agree - he should have the book thrown at him, but the real tragedy is that no one realises just how easy these incidents can happen
Old 26-11-2011, 12:44 PM   #7
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Look at what make the cars are too, its interesting that it tends to be them more than us, even though you still see morons getting around flying the blue flag.
Old 26-11-2011, 12:52 PM   #8
wulos
Forum Director

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: All the behind-the-scenes effort. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: For his advice, tips/tricks in the Art and Photography section of the Forum. 

Big Damo - stupidity is NOT determined by what type of car someone drives, NOR the colour of their skin, OR whatever sexual preference they may / may not have.
Never seen someone in a Blue Oval line up against someone on the street? Time to open your eyes and take notice of the world around you.
Stupidity lies in the poor choices that every single one of us are capable of making. And yes, that includes both me AND you...
Old 26-11-2011, 01:11 PM   #9
nstg8a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Damo
Look at what make the cars are too, its interesting that it tends to be them more than us, even though you still see morons getting around flying the blue flag.
law of averages, there is about three trillion more holdens on the roads, only natural they will feature more in stats.
Old 26-11-2011, 01:16 PM   #10
Linkachu
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I am a new father of a one month old girl. When she is in the car and im driving, you could consider me a granny.
Old 26-11-2011, 01:25 PM   #11
Russ
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Contributor: For members who make a contribution worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Very helpful and gracious with photoshop work to help others.. 

I know it's not a main contributing factor to the cause of this or any other crash and regardless of statistics on numbers of vehicles produced, whenever I hear an idiot screaching around the neighbourhood 9 times out 10 they're driving a Commodore
Old 26-11-2011, 01:36 PM   #12
uranium_death
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I hope he loses custody of the child.

Sounds like these people have a lot of growing up to do...

Don't snap my undies.
Old 26-11-2011, 01:38 PM   #13
wulos
Forum Director

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russ
I know it's not a main contributing factor to the cause of this or any other crash and regardless of statistics on numbers of vehicles produced, whenever I hear an idiot screaching around the neighbourhood 9 times out 10 they're driving a Commodore
Once again - the make of vehicle has ZERO to do with the stupidity of the driver in charge of it.
Old 26-11-2011, 01:41 PM   #14
fat4D
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

its things like that just confirm my thoughts on a license to have kids.
Old 26-11-2011, 01:47 PM   #15
Rodp
Regular Schmuck

I wouldn't object to him being housed in one of his states fair prisons for such boneheaded behaviour. It's one thing to be a moron on the street and race at 3am in the morning, it's another to have your missus and a baby in the back while you do it. Quite possibly the driver of the other car is going to pay the ultimate price for what would amount to 15 seconds worth of jollies.
Old 26-11-2011, 01:50 PM   #16
TC200six
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

It really annoys me to think there are people out there stupid enough to do things like this and have kids at the same time. It makes me wonder what the kids with parents like this are going to grow up to be if they stay in their custody.
Old 26-11-2011, 01:50 PM   #17
ToCo
Drives a Ute!

Quote:
Once again - the make of vehicle has ZERO to do with the stupidity of the driver in charge of it.
Well, these 'types' of people do seem to drive the same brand of car a lot. I am not saying this because I am on the blue side, the majority of my mates drive Holdens and even they admit, it is seen as a bogan(ish) car. I know that because of the large number of these cars there is a higher chance of being in am incident. I didn't think it would be that much higher though.

Or, it could just be a massive coincidence...
Old 26-11-2011, 02:14 PM   #18
gtxb67

what speed were they doing - does anyone actually know

street racing is a general term like hooning - just because the judge says they were street racing, doesn't mean they were

how many here can honestly say, they have never driven at a dangerous speed; with or without your child in the car. just because your child is not in the car, doesn't mean someone else's child will not be in the car your pass

the self righteousness here, shows me why these accidents will keep happening. if someone here is speeding it is just giving it a squirt. someone crashes above the speed limit and they are oxygen thieves. the problem isn't what you are doing at the time of the accident. it is the bad choices you make before the said accident - and because most people cannot see that, they are potential oxygen thiefs everytime they go out and drive their car
Old 26-11-2011, 02:17 PM   #19
FGII-XR6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtxb67

street racing is a general term like hooning - just because the judge says they were street racing, doesn't mean they were

how many here can honestly say, they have never driven at a dangerous speed; with or without your child in the car. just because your child is not in the car, doesn't mean someone else's child will not be in the car your pass

the self righteousness here, shows me why these accidents will keep happening. if someone here is speeding it is just giving it a squirt. someone crashes above the speed limit and they are oxygen thieves. the problem isn't what you are doing at the time of the accident. it is the bad choices you make before the said accident - and because most people cannot see that, they are potential oxygen thiefs everytime they go out and drive their car
110 in a 70 zone . I'm not saying I have never broken the speed limit but this was wreckless and was compounded by having a baby in the car.

"It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt."

Rides:

Old 26-11-2011, 02:20 PM   #20
Russ
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Contributor: For members who make a contribution worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Very helpful and gracious with photoshop work to help others.. 

Quote:
I'm not arguing that fact and couldn't agree more, I'm just saying what I see and hear in my area on a regular basis, unfortunately I live in a one horse town where by the time the police get here the morons have disappeared, but I'm sure their day will come soon, where they too will become another statistic of constant hoons stupidity
Old 26-11-2011, 02:29 PM   #21
gtxb67

Quote:
Originally Posted by au3xr6
110 in a 70 zone . I'm not saying I have never broken the speed limit but this was wreckless and was compounded by having a baby in the car.
it is a 3 lane road from what i have seen - most here, do not think 110 in a 70 zone on a 3 lane road is that bad (when they do it of course). why should a baby in the back change your driving style. does that mean it is okay to be a moron providing it is someone's baby from another car you are endangering, and not your own

the driver's involved should all have the book thrown at them, but they were probably not doing anything more stupid than most on here and throughout the world would do themselves. the only difference is, they weren't as lucky on the night
Old 26-11-2011, 02:34 PM   #22
FGII-XR6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
the only difference is, they weren't as lucky on the night
True, I've been lucky on many occasions when I was younger but by the age of this driver (37) I had grown up

Rides:

Old 26-11-2011, 02:38 PM   #23
gtxb67

Quote:
Originally Posted by au3xr6
True, I've been lucky on many occasions when I was younger but by the age of this driver (37) I had grown up
i believe the injured driver is 37. the driver with the baby is 28
Old 26-11-2011, 03:39 PM   #24
Streets
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Baby or not, I don't understand how these guys can reach the ages they are and still find this kind of thing entertaining.
Old 26-11-2011, 04:29 PM   #25
Falc'man
You dig, we stick!

He's locked up, refused bail, will probably lose his job if he had one, and may go into depression. The other guy isn't as lucky.
Old 26-11-2011, 04:39 PM   #26
flappist
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Keep it on topic and civil.

The next "typical commodore driver" comment will attract a holiday.
Old 26-11-2011, 04:48 PM   #27
Chris_Rogers01

I'm not a farther but if i was i would be never even consider street racing or hooning with my own child in the car or anyone else for that matter, as i a young adult have had many friends taken away from stupid acts from driving, so am restrained from doing it myself (especially in suburban streets where everything can go wrong..just go's to show that in the end your driving a weapon and everything can be taken away in a few seconds
Old 26-11-2011, 04:54 PM   #28
Rodp
Regular Schmuck

Quote:
It seems like you didn't read the article.

The driver of the car that had his missus and child in the rear was already on a court imposed curfew (which he breached at the time of the incident)

He was said to be travelling at 110kph in a 70 zone.

Road workers had to take evasive action as the pair raced past.

The driver of the other car is not expected to survive his injuries.

...but we'll just mark it up as a media beatup, shall we?
Old 26-11-2011, 05:22 PM   #29
mik
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

experience is a hard task master, and this young bloke is gonna feel this for the rest of his life if his mate does`nt make it.
Old 26-11-2011, 05:59 PM   #30
ltd_on20s
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodp
It seems like you didn't read the article.

The driver of the car that had his missus and child in the rear was already on a court imposed curfew (which he breached at the time of the incident)

He was said to be travelling at 110kph in a 70 zone.

Road workers had to take evasive action as the pair raced past.

The driver of the other car is not expected to survive his injuries.

...but we'll just mark it up as a media beatup, shall we?

no sympathy from me for the other guy. or this guy.

at. all.

good to see the kid was'nt injured. thats the only person in all of this i'm worried about, as she is innocent in all this.
Closed Thread