Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Fiesta, Festiva and Ka

Old 31-05-2006, 04:26 PM   #1
FESTEC

Default Changing seats in a WQ zetec

Hi all I am looking at changing my seats in Festy to something more comfortable and better looking and was wondering if anyone has done this here in Aus yet and if so what seats did you use, I am looking at these
http://cgi.ebay.com.au/New-Reclining...QQcmdZViewItem

My biggest question is the subframe does it come of out seats or not. I have looked on ukfn and they talk about a cobra subframe but I don't think aus would have it and to bring it in from the u.k would be more than the seats.

Any and all help will be great as my back is killing me from these seats.

*** I also thought of some second hand 2002 wrx seats but again I think the frame mounts differently. : : :

FESTEC is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-05-2006, 04:40 PM   #2
TheColonel

will they fit in there, cause those are pretty wide compared to the fez seats and their ain't much room
TheColonel is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-05-2006, 04:41 PM   #3
FESTEC

They should but thats the last thing I will worry about mate, need to figure the sub frame thing out first.
Old 31-05-2006, 04:47 PM   #4
Teki04
Clio 182 CUP!

You need to get the seats out of a car that DOES have a folding action. Basically, you need to be able to tilt and slide the seat to let passengers into the back

'In fact, so good is the Clio 182 with the Cup chassis set-up that I feel moved to make a bold statement - I think it's the best hot hatch ever built.' (EVO Jan 04)
Teki04 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-05-2006, 04:51 PM   #5
FESTEC

Yea I figured that one but the sub frame is the biggest problem, the mounting, as some seats mount differently than others. Why cant I live in U.K they have everything for this car, DAMM AUSTRALIA get with the program out: out: out:
Old 31-05-2006, 05:24 PM   #6
MISTA FIESTA
Da Shifty One

There is a place near my work that sell racing seats http://www.justjap.com/parts_nseats.htm i think they say they are universal and have the reclining function, but woulnt be surprised if they didnt have the sub frames.
If your in sydney i would say they might be an option. Last time is was there, they got some nice leather/mesh ST style ones on offer too.

I honestly dont think the stockies are that bad. On the recent cruise it definitly isnt the most all round supportive seat but for an everyday thing i aint complaining. But you would also think the Fezza St would have better seats but it doesnt compared to other more powerful hot hatches like RSC, Golf Gti etc. For an estimated 26 - 30g car the ST is at the lower end of the hot hatch spectrum. Maybe ford austrlia should concider putting some recaros if they bring the St out to oz.