Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Focus

Old 03-05-2012, 07:22 PM   #1
saw1971
Starter Motor

Default Focus GPS

Anyone with the GPS model find that it can't find a address you put in. I put in my home address and it takes me to a location which is around 2 kms away from my place. I have tried resetting it and putting the address in again and still won't find it. And also does the GPS come with the traffic feature, i do have it ticked in the preferences but no traffic details come up.

saw1971 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-05-2012, 07:31 PM   #2
Russ
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Contributor: For members who make a contribution worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Very helpful and gracious with photoshop work to help others.. 
Default Re: Focus GPS

If it was an option that came with the car then it should be covered under warranty, it might just need a map upgrade or it could even be a GPS antenna issue Sometimes poor satellite signal can cause problems like this as well
Russ is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-05-2012, 07:38 PM   #3
MR4ORD
Slow going

The maps are 2 years old. The traffic feature isn't a feature because we dont have the digital radio stations or alerts setup for the car so its pretty useless.
MR4ORD is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-05-2012, 07:39 PM   #4
saw1971
Starter Motor

How do you work out the dates of the maps?
Old 03-05-2012, 07:42 PM   #5
saw1971
Starter Motor

Also, is there an option to set the the km's to 0 to calculate distances, i've had a quick play through the trip settings but can't find anywhere to reset to 0.
Old 03-05-2012, 07:46 PM   #6
Russ
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Contributor: For members who make a contribution worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Very helpful and gracious with photoshop work to help others.. 

On other in - car Sat Nav units I have had in the past there has been a menu button on the unit, try that and see if it has an option for " VERSION " if it has, this should hopefully tell you what maps the unit is running
Old 03-05-2012, 11:49 PM   #7
harveyr

If you remove the SD card and put it your computer card reader you'll see that thefiles are dated 2010.

How will we know when updates are made available by Ford?
harveyr is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-05-2012, 12:34 AM   #8
Russ
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by harveyr

How will we know when updates are made available by Ford?
Probably when you see pigs flying in the sky
Old 04-05-2012, 09:05 AM   #9
markt
Starter Motor

So if I am reading this correctly it sounds like the Focus GPS is almost unusable?
markt is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-05-2012, 09:20 AM   #10
Russ
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

It certainly sounds like it
Old 04-05-2012, 10:02 AM   #11
saw1971
Starter Motor

Does anyone know who makes the GPS or who supplies the maps?
Old 04-05-2012, 02:20 PM   #12
harveyr

I beilieve the GPS unit is made by BlauPunkt, and tha mapping is by Sensis (who also do the Garmin mapping which is much more up-to-date for Tassie).
harveyr is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-05-2012, 01:03 PM   #13
MR4ORD
Slow going

I work for Sensis and tried to get some updated maps, problem is we only supply the data to Ford and then they weave their own magic to make the software for the sat nav... bummer
MR4ORD is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-05-2012, 01:16 PM   #14
vhcbm
having Fiesta withdrawals

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Ford couldn't fix my BlueTooth issue. This member posted a download link, with instruction, on how to do it myself. One week on, the unit hasn't played up once. Three different dealers told me to virtually 'Live with it. 

Best way to know about map updates is to keep an eye on here currently there is none...suprise suprise. Maybe there is over in the UK but I can't seem to find the page on their site.

Past: 2009 Ford Fiesta LX in Vision Blue - Sold
vhcbm is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post